TeamCare

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
imagesTQDUUEAD.jpg
lol

So now I have a $10 co-pay at the doctor. Then I will still be responsible for 20%. Under company plan I only had to pay 20%. Would like to know how this is not a concession.

Stink, stone, 407, anyone? Before no copay, pay 20%. Teamcare, $10 copay and 20%. What gives? Wow. Welcome to teamcare.

I think you're a little confused with the breakdown. When you visit the doctor you only pay a $10 co-pay. The 20% only applies whenever you have a non emergency medical procedure done. Your maximum yearly out of pocket is capped at $1000 for an individual or $2000 for a family. However, if you're smart and plan ahead you can avoid the 20% portion by using Quest Diagnostics for tests or US Imaging for x-rays, ct scans, etc. etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I think you're a little confused with the breakdown. When you visit the doctor you only pay a $10 co-pay. The 20% only applies whenever you have a non emergency medical procedure done. Your maximum yearly out of pocket is capped at $1000 for an individual or $2000 for a family. However, if you're smart and plan ahead you can avoid the 20% portion by using Quest Diagnostics for tests or US Imaging for x-rays, ct scans, etc. etc.

....and this is why I say that co-pays and deductibles make you a smarter medical consumer....

QKRSTKR

Ok, so I go to doctor because I have bronchitis, do I just pay $10 copay? Or will I also be billed 20% in addition to copay. Is going to the doctor for bronchitis a non emergency medical procedure?

QKRSTKR

I did actually find my MRI EOB from Aetna in 2006. Looks like it was paid at only 80%.

I rarely go to doctor, and do not have any monthly prescriptions, just like to know what I'm in for when I do have to go.

upschuck

Ok, so I go to doctor because I have bronchitis, do I just pay $10 copay? Or will I also be billed 20% in addition to copay. Is going to the doctor for bronchitis a non emergency medical procedure?
Yes....probably around 15 dollars or so.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This depends upon whether your doctor is a participating provider. You will be responsible for the $10 either way.

If you did have to go to the ER because it is after hours the co-pay will be much higher ($100 here).

You would pay $10 for the doctor visit. If you have any tests done just show them your Quest Lab card and you won't have any co-pay for the tests. If you need x-rays and use a US Imaging Provider you won't have any co-pay for x-rays. You would only have a 20% co-pay if you refused to use Quest or US Imaging. And remember the absolute most you could be out of pocket per calender year is $2000 per family or $1000 per individual. If you need a prescription you'd pay $5 at pharmacy or $0 for mail order.

Last edited:

bobups3

My question is since we will now pay in the fourth and fifth years of the contract, if my wife has better insurance where she works how do I opt out of teamcare and get the money that UPS pays for my health and welfare, so I can pay for the better plan my wife can get. Before this contract never had a reason to ask this question the insurance was great and we were not paying. Also after being in a multi employer pension has not worked out so good why would I want to be in an multi employer insurance plan.

HBGPreloader

My question is since we will now pay in the fourth and fifth years of the contract, if my wife has better insurance where she works how do I opt out of teamcare and get the money that UPS pays for my health and welfare, so I can pay for the better plan my wife can get. Before this contract never had a reason to ask this question the insurance was great and we were not paying. Also after being in a multi employer pension has not worked out so good why would I want to be in an multi employer insurance plan.
You can't opt out. However, you can choose not to enroll and the union will benefit from the money UPS pays into the health & welfare fund.