Teamster healthcare downgrades will continue until...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
This is a good thread to discuss political aspects of the impact of Obamacare on UPSers.
How about after 50 plus years of providing most UPSers with health coverage through the UPS plan, this last contract that wasn't even on the table.
What would have happened to UPS's cost to provide that health care if they had stayed with the UPS plan?

Atomic_Smurf

There has been debate that Obama compromised a little too much the first term this coming from persons outside the democratic party..nothing got done..period..you can blame both parties.
Where did Obama compromise? I remember him telling republicans to sit in the back & keep quiet. ObamaCare "got done" without any help from republicans & we can all see what a great success that is as more & more working families face reduced benefits, lost coverage & are priced out of the market.

Atomic_Smurf

I'm no fan of either party but if you think the Republicans have the backs of the average middle class American you're dreaming...
Repealing Obamacare would do more for the middle class than any other single piece of legislation in the last 50 years. The repercussions of the Democrats legalized price gouging and healthcare redistribution law are just beginning to be felt.

Atomic_Smurf

Too many people are trying to blame Obama care for everything and anything...now the Republicans want to repeal the whole thing and come up with another plan....where the hell were they 2 years ago when Obama wanted their input on this...He tried to reach across the isle many times...now all of a sudden the rep. Party wants to put their two cents in...too little too late
They were right when they said Obamacare wouldn't allow people to keep their doctors, their plans and would drive up the cost of health insurance for working class families.

Atomic_Smurf

How much of this is because of fraud from patients and doctors charging insurance for procedure a that are never done...and a handful of other issues..This alone is costing billions
The fraudulent activity is taking place in Washington. It is this president that brought the insurance companies on board to artificially increase premiums to generate revenue that would then be used for someone else's subsidy.

realbrown1

There has been debate that Obama compromised a little too much the first term this coming from persons outside the democratic party..nothing got done..period..you can blame both parties.
You do know that Obama and the Democrats CONTROLLED both houses of congress the first 2 yeas of Obama's first term. And that they managed to pass Obamacare with no Republican votes.
So who did Obama have to compromise with? The Republican couldn't even stop Obamacare even though they stood united. So, again, compromise with who?

realbrown1

I'm no fan of either party but if you think the Republicans have the backs of the average middle class American you're dreaming...
Neither party have the back of the working class. The working class are not waiting outside the congress members offices with checks like special interests are.
We need to stop that.

Atomic_Smurf

This has nothing to do with Obama.

This is UPS cutting costs by cancelling insurance coverage for the spouses of management people who are eligible to be on another plan.
If you understood the new healthcare law then you would understand how it incentivizes employers to dump employees health insurance plans & funnel more people into the exchanges. It is working exactly as intended.

realbrown1

This is BS. No evidence of this. Might as well say Obama was born in Hawaii. No evidence of that either.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
This is BS. No evidence of this. Might as well say Obama was born in Hawaii. No evidence of that either.
The Republicans weren't going to compromise with the president on anything...The first term was on of the least productive in history...no need to be a Republican cheerleader. ..I never said I was an Obama fan..Both parties are at fault Imo...I think Hillary would have done a better job ..lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The fraudulent activity is taking place in Washington. It is this president that brought the insurance companies on board to artificially increase premiums to generate revenue that would then be used for someone else's subsidy.
So all of the fraud in health care is 100% the president's fault??? I suppose credit card fraud, shoplifting fraud and social security fraud is his fault also??? Come on..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If you understood the new healthcare law then you would understand how it incentivizes employers to dump employees health insurance plans & funnel more people into the exchanges. It is working exactly as intended.
I agree with you we wouldn't be in this mess if these damn businesses some making billions a year would offer their employees basic health care and pay them more than minimum wage...and I'm talking about more than .75 cents over minimum wage. Don't let them get off so easy!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You do know that Obama and the Democrats CONTROLLED both houses of congress the first 2 yeas of Obama's first term. And that they managed to pass Obamacare with no Republican votes.
So who did Obama have to compromise with? The Republican couldn't even stop Obamacare even though they stood united. So, again, compromise with who?
Did the Republicans come to the table with anything besides a "he'll no"...I agree that the plan wasn't perfect but are you totally against all Americans having some sort of healthcare??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why bring up Hawaii. .Please tell me you aren't one of these folks who believe in FEMA death camps and have 6 AR-15's with 100000 rounds of 223 ready for the apocalypse. ..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Repealing Obamacare would do more for the middle class than any other single piece of legislation in the last 50 years. The repercussions of the Democrats legalized price gouging and healthcare redistribution law are just beginning to be felt.
The middle class are the ones who will have to pay for all of these programs anyway..always have always will...New prez same old song and dance..I don't like it any more than you do...I don't like paying for welfare for someone who has been milking it for 20 years any more than paying out to help subsidize billion dollar Walmarts employees...