Teamster Union Trust - hall Public Relations Issues

stink219

Dude, do you read or just skim? I'm sure it's the latter due to that your a TDUer. I will agree that we voted down the contract in 97. But on the picket line we did not get a vote after the agreement was made due to political pressure from Clinton. 97!!!! 97!!!!! 97!!!!!! 97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Dude, do you read or just skim? I'm sure it's the latter due to that your a TDUer. I will agree that we voted down the contract in 97. But on the picket line we did not get a vote after the agreement was made due to political pressure from Clinton. 97!!!! 97!!!!! 97!!!!!! 97!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you on drugs? We didn't vote down the contract. We took a strike authorization vote and voted to give Carey the power to call a strike. Then after we were already on strike, the company caved in, and Carey and UPS came to a tentative agreement. Then we went back to work and the ballots were mailed to our homes for us to vote.
I can't believe you didn't know this? How can you be so wrong so many times?

stink219

Oh that's right. We went back to work then we voted. That's called semantics. Oh your right. You win. I forgot we went back to work at the place we were fighting and then voted. Good job. The tentative agreement forced by Clinton that Carey agreed upon that sent us back to work prior to voting? Ok. Thank you for clearing up the fact that we were sent back to work in the tentative agreement before the vote on the contract. God bless Carey for that!! 97!! Whooooo!!! So, if we voted that down, We would go back out? Hmmm. Yes, bleed the employee of two weeks without pay. His tentative agreement could have been worse and we would have voted for it. Are you that brainwashed? It was a crappy contract. We were forced by Clinton and Corpsy. I mean Carey. Stop sucking Carey's rooster.

Last edited:
The comments and debates on BrownCafe are representative of the divisiveness that our Union currently has across the country. A good leader IMHO should be one that is able unite the rank and file and "rally the troops" in a manner that provides a feeling of confidence, leadership, and most of all......TRUST. IMHO, hall is having a difficult time in his leadership role at this time.

While I believe "brown outs" have their place in negotiations, they can also lead to a divided Union. Lack of information leads to speculation. It also gives the opportunity for critics such as TDU to gain strength by at least appearing to provide information that the IBT won't. Why can't we simply go to our Teamster website for updated information? Checking the most current information, I have found that the IBT completely deleted the March 28th letter. For example: UPS, UPS Freight Negotiations Updates For March 28 | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

View attachment 8932and whatever happened to : View attachment 8933

The following link UPS, Teamsters “far apart” as contentious labor talks continue - Article from Logistics Management is an interesting article NOT written by TDU. This article contains some interesting statements such as:

“Health care is not a real issue—it’s a distraction,” Hall said.

When UPS demanded the giveback, Hall hinted the union would walk away from early negotiations if the company did not take the proposal off the table. That was in February. He now disputes that he said that.

In summary, CHARISMA in a leader is something that cannot be learned or duplicated. It is inherent in an individual and is a trait that can be used to gain TRUST which leads to UNITY. Regardless of what you think of Ron Carey in 1997, he had charisma and a presentation that gained your trust. While I continue to give hall my support, I wish that he would reevaluate his PR methods during these negotiations. Hint: Don't make statements and that you may have to retract... it makes you appear weak and ineffective... It is relatively easy to disseminate a steady stream of information without divulging specific information. Forget about your detractors such as TDU and concentrate on the issues at hand. Do NOT try and BS the rank and file, there are simply too many BS detectors across the U.S.. (The Internet)
As much as you think you know you have know idea the complexity of the healthcare issue. There is no way everyone is going to be happy and a public debate will only make this worse. If you are going to take shots at least you can man up and say what local you are from.

realbrown1

Oh that's right. We went back to work then we voted. That's called semantics. Oh your right. You win. I forgot we went back to work at the place we were fighting and then voted. Good job. The tentative agreement forced by Clinton that Carey agreed upon that sent us back to work prior to voting? Ok. Thank you for clearing up the fact that we were sent back to work in the tentative agreement before the vote on the contract. God bless Carey for that!! 97!! Whooooo!!! So, if we voted that down, We would go back out? Hmmm. Yes, bleed the employee of two weeks without pay. His tentative agreement could have been worse and we would have voted for it. Are you that brainwashed? It was a crappy contract. We were forced by Clinton and Corpsy. I mean Carey. Stop sucking Carey's rooster.
You can't be for real. This is a joke right? Forced back to work?

realbrown1

We should be debating and analyzing offers, NOT FIGHTING AMONGST OURSELVES especially about the past. Keep focused!!

Rest assured, if it comes down to a strike, I am behind the leadership. But these guys are like mind-numbed robots that follow without asking questions.
And nothing we do on here will have any impact on what is going on in Florida right now anyways.