Teamster Union Worker (Driver) Gets Customer X-mas Cash Incentive

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
If you were having pains, u should realize when to call it quites. Did u want the driver to pull up to the porch steps for u??

No one made u keep going and burn yourself for a temp job??

Go Labor for Masonry, block layers and c how u get treated??? I did it for yrs. Then complain.

And now I know why people are working illegals.

Temp job is not worth sacrificing your knees and you shoulda walked away when u figured out the job.

Johney

I KNEW THIS WAS MY TICKET TO FAST CASH! I'm still suffering from a pain in my leg that wont go away. The management were treating me like a king when I arrived to pick up my check and also get the doctor's visit. I have a lawyer as well. Is it too late? Should I extract some $$$ or what?!?! The doctor was trying to make me say I didn't get hurt at work when I did. The management were shaking in their boots telling me that oh there shouldn't be anything wrong with your leg, even though I am limping and suffering. I SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND TAKE ACTION THIS IS A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. A MILLION OR TWO SHOULD'NT HURT THEM.
My freind, if you think your going to to get a million for a pain in your leg you will be sadly disappointed. Oh if you do decide to go that route and if you are really hurt from this job then go for it. But just remember they will watch you like a hawk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, you have to be kidding me. Mister, it's hard enough as it is to get a job at UPS, now you're just unmasking something that you denied to yourself was a problem (i.e. your knee injury), so you can get a tip? If you want tips, put a waitress apron on and work at a diner, if that's too much, sit in a wheelchair while you do it. This past summer for four months, I work at UPS as a unloader in the mornings, then as a range boy at a local golf course in the afternoons, I was on my feet 50 hours a week, yea it sucked, but I kept my head up and focused on making a honest wage. If you wanted non-physical, I'm sure holiday call centers are looking for people like you. So, don't come on here complaining about it, when you were told before your interview what was physically required.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
2 wrong things happened here.

The first wrong thing was the driver refusing to share his tips with the helper. Thats just bad karma.

The second wrong thing...was the helper developing a sense of entitlement towards receiving a tip in the first place.

NYdriver

I KNEW THIS WAS MY TICKET TO FAST CASH! I'm still suffering from a pain in my leg that wont go away. The management were treating me like a king when I arrived to pick up my check and also get the doctor's visit. I have a lawyer as well. Is it too late? Should I extract some $$$ or what?!?! The doctor was trying to make me say I didn't get hurt at work when I did. The management were shaking in their boots telling me that oh there shouldn't be anything wrong with your leg, even though I am limping and suffering. I SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND TAKE ACTION THIS IS A BILLION DOLLAR COMPANY. A MILLION OR TWO SHOULD'NT HURT THEM.

FIRST OFF
If your intentions of taking the job as a helper was to work your butt off, be noticed and get your foot in the door at UPS - you can kiss that goodbye mt friend.

LASTLY
Us drivers spend the entire year going above and beyond to service our customers. Many people notice this, appreciate it and would like to give us a tip around the holidays as a thank you. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my helper, but helpers are on the truck for 1 month, they are not entitled to tips from a route i have been servicing my customers on for the past 6 years.

I would also like to add, once peak is over I ALWAYS tip my helper as a "thank you for the help he/she has given me".

BLACKBALLED

FIRST OFF
If your intentions of taking the job as a helper was to work your butt off, be noticed and get your foot in the door at UPS - you can kiss that goodbye mt friend.

LASTLY
Us drivers spend the entire year going above and beyond to service our customers. Many people notice this, appreciate it and would like to give us a tip around the holidays as a thank you. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my helper, but helpers are on the truck for 1 month, they are not entitled to tips from a route i have been servicing my customers on for the past 6 years.

I would also like to add, once peak is over I ALWAYS tip my helper as a "thank you for the help he/she has given me".

Wow! You are absolutely right on kissing the oppty. goodbye! His first mistake was thinking he deserved a tip the driver earned by busting his a** all year long, his second mistake was getting hurt and now trying to make a fast buck, he definately can kiss any oppty. with ups goodbye! This is a fine example of todays employee, Lazy and self centered, the Drivers earn their pay everyday and it is a thankless job but it supports the family and pays the bills good luck self centered!

OP you should be ashamed of yourself. 0 Integrity, all about finding whatever angle you can to scam some $$$ from UPS yet disguising yourself as a victim. Just the worst type of person.

AssistantSanta

Should have called helper coordinator and "consignee handed us the tip of $125. Driver insists he has the claim to it. We can't come to an agreement. How should we proceed? Please advise"

We were told to consult the coordinator for any questions and concerns we have with the driver.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Should have called helper coordinator and "consignee handed us the tip of $125. Driver insists he has the claim to it. We can't come to an agreement. How should we proceed? Please advise"

We were told to consult the coordinator for any questions and concerns we have with the driver.

We get a speech before Peak starts outlining the company policy on tips which is that employees are not allowed to accept tips for services provided. The center manager gives the speech knowing full well that we are given tips. The tips are intended for the driver who delivers to that customer all year long, not just for the helper who is there for a month or so. Now, any driver worth a damn would take care of their helper, provided said helper took care of the driver. I gave my helper $50, a brand new water bottle and a $25 Texas Roadhouse gift card. I also put a box of chocolates on the dash for both of us. Tips intended for the driver are of no concern to the helper coordinator or the helper.

Johney

Had you done that I assure you, you would have not worked with that driver again and quite possibly any other driver. Just sayin. Here's what I did. When someone gave me or my helper cash and said Happy holidays I gave it to my helper most of the time it was $10 or less. Now when someone handed me an envelope with my name or "To UPS driver" on it that went in my backpack for me. I also gave my helper $50(aside from on rte tips) as he showed ever day on time and worked hard.

Last edited: