Teamsters Applaud Treasury Decision to Deny CSPF Cuts, Protect Retiree Pensions

upschuck

I think one of the reason for the high rate of turnover, which I don't see in my area is that the minimum wage has gone up and the contract wages are not that attractive for the work involved to earn it.
Sad that the contract wages are below what UPS' minimum wage they are required to pay because they are a government contractor.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

The company netted 9 billion dollars last year... Spent 4 billion... and banked 5 billion.

Yeah, we're going broke.
How much do you think the company should make before they give stop trying to make money.......or do you think they should just break even every year or should they try and lose money every year? Which scenario would you be happiest with?

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Make sense and I'll try to help you out.
How much money can ups make before you deem it too much?would you prefer that they lost money the next few years but paid employees more money?is it your opinion that they should make 1 billion and the rest should be divided between employees......how much do you think ups drivers should make?......I'm not being a smart ass I'm just curious what your opinion is on these question

10 point

How much money can ups make before you deem it too much?would you prefer that they lost money the next few years but paid employees more money?is it your opinion that they should make 1 billion and the rest should be divided between employees......how much do you think ups drivers should make?......I'm not being a smart ass I'm just curious what your opinion is on these question
Your questions to me are irrelevant to what I said .
I hope they make 100 billion in net profit this year. Negotiations would be easier imo.
People on here talk like our labor is draining the pot dry. We are union and should be paid a better wage scale than fdx or the snails at the p.o. and I think the value of our wages are reflected in the total net profitability of the company.

UPS's image was NOT precipitated from logistics or any of the other side venues that they profit from today. It was derived from the package division and the union members that have (and still do) take a beating for the money they make to service the customer base that we fought to keep even thru the PAS implementation and now thru the Orion debacle.

UPS drivers as a whole are the blood in the veins of a company that couldn't care less about the continuity of servicing customers consistently but we keep fighting to right the ship in spite of PDS incompetency.

Find me a delivery company that demands and gets the production efficiency that this company does. I've never seen one. But ask any consignee that we deliver to who the hardest working drivers are that service their businesses and not only will they say UPS but they'll know their drivers name. In spite of Orion's haphazard "solutions".

If we earn it...
they should pay for it.

10 point

And for the record, I'm so glad the butt kissers on this forum aren't negotiating our contracts.

If you're not moving forward in this era of corporate greed you're probably getting your pocket picked.

So bang the GOP all you want to the corrosion is seen right here on this forum in regards to company sympathy and neither the GOP or the Dems have a hand in that.

Satuirus2000

There are other ways to "sweeten the pot".
In Louisville, they offer part timers free tuition to U of L and housing in order to staff Worldport, Lenny Small.
Even that isn't enough anymore. I work at Worldport and staffing is at an all time dangerous level than it has ever been before. New hires are even getting nearly a $5000 bonus to come here. But no one wants to do this job for this type of work and starting pay.

10 point

Even that isn't enough anymore. I work at Worldport and staffing is at an all time dangerous level than it has ever been before. New hires are even getting nearly a $5000 bonus to come here. But no one wants to do this job for this type of work and starting pay.
Is that a "signing" bonus? If I remember correctly didn't part timers get quarterly incentives ($) to come to work every day or is that where the 5gs come in to play?

Satuirus2000

Is that a "signing" bonus? If I remember correctly didn't part timers get quarterly incentives ($) to come to work every day or is that where the 5gs come in to play?
Yeah, it's kinda like that. From June to October they are gonna get $150 a week. From October to Dec, it'll be $200. In the past it was added to their check weekly but now it's gonna only going to be given in a lump sum at the end of January. It's an incentive to get people to stay on at least though peak and not to quit since staffing is horrific. Also, now they only get the amount for that week if they work all 5 days. If they miss one day during the week, they forfeit the bonus for that week.

10 point

Yeah, it's kinda like that. From June to October they are gonna get $150 a week. From October to Dec, it'll be $200. In the past it was added to their check weekly but now it's gonna only going to be given in a lump sum at the end of January. It's an incentive to get people to stay on at least though peak and not to quit since staffing is horrific. Also, now they only get the amount for that week if they work all 5 days. If they miss one day during the week, they forfeit the bonus for that week.
That's what I remember and free pizza on Friday.