Teamsters Approved Mailing

oldupsman

Anyone who thinks the Teamsters hierarchy really gives a damn about you are just kidding themselves. Now, do I think the union is a good thing?
Of course. UPS would run wild without it. But these contract talks aren't about you, it's about the Teamsters and UPS. And that doesn't include you.
It's all about the Teamster fat cats and UPS fat cats making money. What does Scott Davis make a year? Yeah, well what does Jimmy Hoffa make a year?
How about hall? If the Teamsters seriously cared about you there would be a nationwide pension plan and we would
all retire at 6000.00 a month. Do you really think middle management people do any better in retirement than we do? Go onto some of the management forums
on this board and see how they're doing.
I've heard more than one B.A. tell a driver,
"Stop complaining. Do you know how lucky you are? Keep your mouth shut and do your job." Sound familiar?
Yeah, you work alot of long hours. Yeah you're asked to do alot. So was I. Guess what? It's been like that for the past 40 years. And it's not going to change.
That's why UPS makes a boatload of money. Me? I took the B.A.'s advice. It's also why I got to retire at 55.

oldupsman

If the company contributed more money to the appropriate pension plans, that could happen.

Do you think they will ?

-Bug-

I don't know Bug. Depends on the negotiations. Look, I stated in the post that there is a need for the union. I think the point you're
trying to make to me is the company is not my friend. And they're not going to do anything voluntarily, I agree. But the Teamsters aren't my best buddies in the world either.
They have continually mismanaged pension and health and welfare funds throughout their history. If they were totally competent we be at 6000.00 a month now.
Heck, at one time my local had a pension chart up. They were telling the younger people that their pension would be as high as 9000.00 a month 15 years down the road.
I used to just laugh. And they believed this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: