Teamsters Gone Wild

Bill

What APWA??? How can this invisible entity help anyone? They need to help themselves first!!!!!
The Teamsters are shrinking and will eventually become extinct. According to U.S. government statistics, the workforce was 12.5% unionized last year, and this year it is 12% (an all time low) . This can be verified if you bother to check the website of the government. It is time to cut our losses and bail out from a sinking organization before there is nothing left for us in regards to our pension and health benefits. We need a union, but one that is working for us, not against.

twnjrspc

The Teamsters are really "exposing" themselves now. First they cut the pensions in Central States. Employees in CS griped, but no one else did. Then the Western Conference pension took a cut even though they are 100% funded, followed by Local 804 in New York. They are now griping. The New England fund is in trouble. It is just a matter of time before the domino effect. Every pension plan that the Teamsters control is in trouble and serious cuts have taken place with more coming in the near future. The Teamsters act as if the pension money is theirs, as they have put many restrictions on our money. Examples are the requirements to work until age 65 without incurring a penalty, and not being able to take another job. The Teamsters have no solutions to the problem. All they can do now is instill cuts to the plan as a way of solving the dilemma that they are in. We must act now and put a stop to this before it gets to the point of no return, if it isn't there already. We have an alternative. The APWA is a new group that is forming a union for UPS people only. We need your vote to replace the Teamsters with an honest union that will work for the hard working UPS people. The Teamsters are "stripping" you of your medical and pension funds. How much more will you take before you open your eyes?

I can't disagree with what The Hoffa Group has done, but where were you when the 2006 election took place? Are you saying that the Teamster members had no choice other than voting for Hoffa "most not at all" but let us vote to replace all that exists, with a non existant Union? If all the UPS members of the Teamsters would have voted in the past election, we could taken the right step to correct the problems plaguing the Teamsters. Oh, but let me guess... The APWA will be corrupt free! Right? Was it you that said, democracy had recently worked regarding our Congressional votes, where incumbents were ousted with our votes? Again I say...To divide is to conquer! We couldn't get 300,000 Ups Teamsters to vote in the most recent Teamster election, what makes you think they'll vote to decertify from the Teamsters, to join a non existing, non representing Paper Tiger Union?:ohmy:

Bill

I can't disagree with what The Hoffa Group has done, but where were you when the 2006 election took place? Are you saying that the Teamster members had no choice other than voting for Hoffa "most not at all" but let us vote to replace all that exists, with a non existant Union? If all the UPS members of the Teamsters would have voted in the past election, we could taken the right step to correct the problems plaguing the Teamsters. Oh, but let me guess... The APWA will be corrupt free! Right? Was it you that said, democracy had recently worked regarding our Congressional votes, where incumbents were ousted with our votes? Again I say...To divide is to conquer! We couldn't get 300,000 Ups Teamsters to vote in the most recent Teamster election, what makes you think they'll vote to decertify from the Teamsters, to join a non existing, non representing Paper Tiger Union?:ohmy:
Simply put, people did not vote in the Hoffa-Leedham election because it did not make a difference who won. The Teamsters are still under obligation to pay out pensions to employees of other companies that no longer exist. this is where part of our money is going and currently we receive only 40% of the money that UPS contributes. I guarantee that if and when the election between the Teamsters and the APWA is held, you will see a big turnout as the two unions are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to doing right by its members.

brett636

Simply put, people did not vote in the Hoffa-Leedham election because it did not make a difference who won. The Teamsters are still under obligation to pay out pensions to employees of other companies that no longer exist. this is where part of our money is going and currently we receive only 40% of the money that UPS contributes. I guarantee that if and when the election between the Teamsters and the APWA is held, you will see a big turnout as the two unions are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to doing right by its members.

The APWA represents members? Isn't that illegal since they are not a union?

Bill

Must you be ignorant on everything or is that your nature. the APWA is in the early stages, and when they receive enogh petition cards, an election will be held. If the APWA wins, they become our union and will represent us. If the Teamsters win, then the APWA will fade away and be forgotten, but the Teamsters will continue to abuse our benefits as the pension fund in Central States and other funds are seriously underfunded and can not be corrected any longer. In the next few day, I am working on the numbers to show how the Central States fund is dwindling, year after year, as more employees are retiring.
You still haven't told me where to find the article stating where the pilots were receiving only a 20k pension per year.

Ironshot

Brett, Please inform us as to what makes a union? After all you face is planted so far up the donkey's a#@ that you should now what it takes?

Since we know the donkey and buggie crowd (not necessarily the individual members) are still racked with mismanagement (being nice) not to mention being a finanacially strapped outfit. Here it is for you to see for yourselves..
or get raw data from EBSA.
UPS PARCEL great job signing the APWA in, we in freight are locking the door on this bunch also.

International Brotherhood of Teamsters

The Health and Welfare Fund was established in 1950 and the Pension Fund was established in 1955.
The Pension Fund is one of the nation's largest Taft-Hartley Funds, with approximately 150,000 active participants and benefit payments to more than 210,000 retirees and surviving spouses each month. The Fund's assets as of December 31, 2005 were in excess of $19 billion.

Last edited:
Hard to read all the way through as it is full of inaccuracies.

The 1% contributory rate we have now is better than the set guidelines. You are incorrect on all years until 65 get a reduction, that is not true in my plan and many others.

Read the news, insurance and pensions are a nationaly problem with both private and public workers. Single employer plans, like the one you are encouraging are very high risk, and how do you expect to get these plans negotiated with anti union lawyers, no money or no strike fund.

I assume you have negotiated contracts before, at least i hope so as the 2 clowns from N.C. have never negotaited anything, never been stewards, never represented anyone but they are going to lead negotaitions vs. UPS, are you kidding me.

UPS would destroy this group and expose them and all union members would suffer. Their promises and dreams could not come true, do you think ups would just roll over? How long have your worked for ups? I guess they give you everything you ask for and you dont need a contract.

The Teamsters Union has been representing folks for a while, and although not perfect it is the largest most successfull labor union in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico and there are reasons for that.

Democracy, (who elected these officers of apwa, who elected their convention delegates, thats right there was no election because they could only get a few to attend) Strength and Unity will prevail with the Teamsters membership and I hope you join us and forget about these splinter groups.

I think you meant to say we need members fighting with and for their union, right? How strong can any union be with members who are not involved and spread rumors and inaccuracies that harm and disrupt organizing campaigns to bring that 12.5% up and build strength and unity.

sawdusttv

The only people the Teamsters are representing is theirselves, in order to get their hands on our money!
Their representation has done nothing but pull us further and further into a bottomless pit for years.
Bad representation can be worse than no representation or in this case NEW representation. The APWA can't do any more harm to us than the Teamsters have already done, and for that matter with the Teamsters representation or lack of,
it's like not having a union already. So, why not give another union a chance, that is showing the desire to do for us, what the Teamsters want anymore?

Bill

I think you meant to say we need members fighting with and for their union, right? How strong can any union be with members who are not involved and spread rumors and inaccuracies that harm and disrupt organizing campaigns to bring that 12.5% up and build strength and unity.
You wrote "How strong can any union be with members who are not involved.....build strength and unity." The Teamsters were a member of the AFLCIO, but Hoffa chose to withdraw to save $10 million. He withdrew from the strongest union in this country. How is that building unity and strength?

submarine

Banned
Dude you have serious issues. Besides all the false misinformation you posted, you contradict yourself repeatedly.
Oh we should withdraw from the Teamsters and go with local yokels APWA (A Pathetic Wasted Attempt). Oh wait, SHAME on the Teamsters for withdrawing from the AFL-CIO. Give me a Break!