Teamster's Letter to GM

Re-Raise

I have a 2000 Silverado.. runs great with about 140000 miles. Never had any problems with it except it is starting to rust under the doors. Started looking around and it seems to be common among the trucks this age.

I have owned 3 Toyotas Camry, 4 Runner and the latest an 05 Sequoia.
Loved them all and can't decide between Tundra and Silverado for my next truck.

moreluck

golden ticket member
govols....you got that right.....it's always been the "squareness" of the Chevy truck & SUV that catches my eye.

Hubby & I often speak about the car designer and what he was drinking the day he was designing.....like what's with that Honda Element"? :surprised:

rod

Retired 22 years
Everthing going down the road today looks like either a little box or a big tub of butter. A Vette might be the only exception but to be honest I don't even twist my head when meeting one of those anymore. I long for the days gone by when cars had style:punk:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
govols....you got that right.....it's always been the "squareness" of the Chevy truck & SUV that catches my eye.

Hubby & I often speak about the car designer and what he was drinking the day he was designing.....like what's with that Honda Element"? :surprised:
That has got to be THE ugliest piece of machinery on the road. :sick: And I also agree about the design of the 'round' trucks. Those aren't TRUCKS. Trucks are trucks and sports cars are sports cars. They shouldn't meet in the middle.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Everthing going down the road today looks like either a little box or a big tub of butter. A Vette might be the only exception but to be honest I don't even twist my head when meeting one of those anymore. I long for the days gone by when cars had style:punk:
I love the old cars. We have a '60 vette. Now that's a car you would turn around to see. Black convertable. Sweet.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
What is that supposed to mean? I have 8 years with the company. I am entitled to an opinion as are you, but I fail to see where you are coming from.

How do you want me to get involved?

Attend meetings, VOTE!

Go to the meetings, express you concerns, get other part timers involved in the same manner. Let the union know that you care about the things in the contract that matter to part timers. Make you presence known.
A very large portion of part timers are also short timers, they don't think about the next contract because most figure they will be gone before it comes around. IF all the PTs would vote on the contracts they could defeat or accept it over the full timers.

Agreed!

I thought my 08 Silverado was cheaply built until I compared it to a friends 07 F150

Whipping them out again, rod?:wink2:

I'm seriously thinking MPD:happy-very:

Hmmm, very interesting.:wink2:

blue efficacy

Go to the meetings, express you concerns, get other part timers involved in the same manner. Let the union know that you care about the things in the contract that matter to part timers. Make you presence known.
A very large portion of part timers are also short timers, they don't think about the next contract because most figure they will be gone before it comes around. IF all the PTs would vote on the contracts they could defeat or accept it over the full timers.
I go to meetings, I urge all the part timers I can to get involved, to realize what voting yes to the contract or voting for Hoffa means to them. To no avail.

The stupid kids won't listen to anything except the propaganda that gets mailed to their house funded by those who want to continue to keep part timers down. And it's easy to convince the part time kids who do vote, to vote in a manner against their interests. And the smug FTers on this site and elsewhere stick the blame on me. "YOU PART TIMERS NEED TO GET MORE INVOLVED."

It is extremely frustrating, to say the least, and that's before the full timers who have life extremely well chew me a new one because it's tough to sell a bunch of 18-20 year olds on the fact that this contract, or that guy Hoffa is a poor deal for them. They don't get it, don't care, or both. And this is somehow my fault.

It's really the fault of whoever voted yes on any contract since 1982. Those who have plenty enjoy continuing to take more and more from those who have little. Frankly, I am surprised the last contract didn't go back to 3 hour guarantees.

I go to meetings, I urge all the part timers I can to get involved, to realize what voting yes to the contract or voting for Hoffa means to them. To no avail.

The stupid kids won't listen to anything except the propaganda that gets mailed to their house funded by those who want to continue to keep part timers down. And it's easy to convince the part time kids who do vote, to vote in a manner against their interests. And the smug FTers on this site and elsewhere stick the blame on me. "YOU PART TIMERS NEED TO GET MORE INVOLVED."

It is extremely frustrating, to say the least, and that's before the full timers who have life extremely well chew me a new one because it's tough to sell a bunch of 18-20 year olds on the fact that this contract, or that guy Hoffa is a poor deal for them. They don't get it, don't care, or both. And this is somehow my fault.

It's really the fault of whoever voted yes on any contract since 1982. Those who have plenty enjoy continuing to take more and more from those who have little. Frankly, I am surprised the last contract didn't go back to 3 hour guarantees.

No one said it was YOUR fault personally, When it's said " You part timers need to...blah balh.." They are speaking collectively as a group.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I know this is not really about this thread, but most of these threads seem to stray off course, so here goes.
It would seem to me, and many others, that several people seem to believe that a part-time job at UPS should somehow be twisted around so the part-time person can work a full-time week. Many seem to forget that the job is simply not enough to get by on without something else. More importantly, this job SHOULD supplement something else. Most of the folks I worked with as a part-timer had other jobs. Some of us worked two other jobs or you may have considered this the other job.
All I am saying is hang in there and eventually you will move up the ladder. I guess that does not make most people feel better, but that is the way it is.

blue efficacy

I know this is not really about this thread, but most of these threads seem to stray off course, so here goes.
It would seem to me, and many others, that several people seem to believe that a part-time job at UPS should somehow be twisted around so the part-time person can work a full-time week. Many seem to forget that the job is simply not enough to get by on without something else. More importantly, this job SHOULD supplement something else. Most of the folks I worked with as a part-timer had other jobs. Some of us worked two other jobs or you may have considered this the other job.
All I am saying is hang in there and eventually you will move up the ladder. I guess that does not make most people feel better, but that is the way it is.
What if you developed a medical condition that bars you from driving during the course of your employment? I cannot drive, and UPS is cheating on providing the combo jobs that were promised.

705red

Browncafe Steward
What if you developed a medical condition that bars you from driving during the course of your employment? I cannot drive, and UPS is cheating on providing the combo jobs that were promised.
I hope that you have contacted the ADA. They can and will help you depending on your restrictions. I know a driver here in my building that came down with diabetes and could no longer drive, and ups had to create a job for him after he sued ups.