Teamsters local 623 trustee Gray throws out Vote No fliers in UPS PHL airport

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by PHLtroublemaker, Apr 20, 2014.

1. PHLtroublemaker

PHLtroublemaker New Member

this local union offical does not know simple labor law!!
    nlrb charges were filed!!!
    its bad enough local 623 leadership is lying to their membership about contract information.
    voting no has saved thousands of members and retirees from high co pays and a plan that even Hoffa said will not last!! to the rest of my brothers enjoy your healthcare improvements made possible by locals voting no!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. PHLtroublemaker

3. PHLtroublemaker

4. So what's the big deal?
  5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Videotaping in a UPS building? No,No,No.
  6. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Typical Old Guard crap. This is why I support TDU so much.
  7. PHLtroublemaker

Do you think it's ok that labor laws are being broken by local leadership? The laws are there to follow. If the locals vote yes stance was so strong and of truth why worry about a vote no flier that was lawfully placed in a lunchroom!! I'll tell you why....
    Because they have been lying and they don't want members to see the truth!! Well we got that taken care of in local 623!!
    The membership voted no 2 times already!!

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  8. I might be missing the point. What did he do?
  9. PHLtroublemaker

Hey threw out fliers ... Membership has the right to distribute fliers or talk union shop in non work areas Union leadership or the company throwing them out is not allowed. Charges were filed with the NLRB

Sent using BrownCafe App
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  10. Oh I didn't get that from the 11 seconds of video.
  11. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

If you're going to take on UPS and IBT, you gotta be smarter than video taping on company property.

Same thing goes with D. Costello. There's nothing wrong with the position you guys are taking (although I disagree), but damn you guys need to be smarter than this.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

He might know how to spell....

Not a good idea.

You deny it.... But, you are TDU.

Thats why you filed NLRB charges.... and posted it on Facebook.

And if proven....

The flyers, will have to be replaced.

13. Winner and still champion.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  14. You are a great guy. I hope you get a lot of ham and Reese's peanut butter eggs.
  15. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

Company policy states you can not solicit for anything on UPS property, all union activity must be posted on the union bulletin board. So if this is UPS owned/leased property, whoever put them there is breaking UPS rules. Now if UPS doesn't own/lease property, then shame on him.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Not TDU. So sorry if it crushes your perception. But I have never been and probably will never be TDU.

So you need to start thinking of different ways to attack me.

I know, maybe have some provable facts to back up your statements.
  17. Please don't be upset on this most holy of days. This is a day of happiness. I will pray for you brother. Jesus has risen for you and us all.
  18. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

This might be company policy, but is entirely against the spirit of the protections under the NLRA. There was actually a fairly significant case in the early 2000's regarding a TDU member that was also a UPS Driver passing out the Convoy Dispatch in a "mixed use" work area off-the-clock. UPS sent the TDU member a warning letter and their case went to the NLRB; UPS had to remove the discipline from the member's record.

The case file number for a good example of this is 07-CA-041784 from Saginaw, MI and is on

Long story short, you can absolutely hand out union related material/handbills/grievance forms/etc. or petitions as long as you're not in a work area and not on the clock. A mixed used area consists of a place where employees congregate and might be on the clock (ie waiting for instructions/assignments). You could stand near the time clocks and catch members punching in before their start time or use the break rooms. You cannot, however, go "truck to truck" or interrupt members while working.

Video taping is a different story. I'm not familiar with any NLRB case upholding an employee's right to video tape on company premises. The only thing I could thing of would be some sort of whistle blower protection for egregious safety violations but this doesn't apply -- other people witnessing the 623 trustee would be just as effective as a video and doesn't carry the risk of getting fired.
  19. toonertoo

toonertoo Most Awesome Dog Staff Member

Be nice, Its Easter................
  20. It's hard to believe people can't be nic on this holy day. They should be ashamed.