Teamsters Local 89

Marshal

President Fred Z Wins Advancements in TeamCare--We Urge Members to Continue to Vote NO!

UPS members attended meetings Sept. 7th to obtain information on the latest proposal for the Central Region Supplement and to receive a detailed explanation of recent changes to their healthcare benefits. After hearing the changes, members in both the Ground and Air meetings unanimously accepted a motion to again VOTE NO on the Central Region Supplement. Members in attendance pledged to mobilize their fellow workers against the new proposal ahead of the mailing of ballots on Sept. 18[SUP]th[/SUP].

With an unresponsive and out-of-touch IBT Package Director hall controlling the direction of negotiations, the membership has seen only token attempts to resolve the many issues still lingering throughout the proposed Central Region Supplement. With only two changes made to the agreement, members are angry and insulted at the audacity of the IBT in ignoring their concerns. Only a minor adjustment was made to the extremely dangerous language contained in Article 17i, giving UPS almost unlimited power to terminate employees for anything the company deems a “serious offense”. Local 89 members will not accept any proposal containing needless concessions aimed only at the continued appeasement of UPS by hall.

Teamsters Local 89 members, officials, and agents do indeed acknowledge and welcome improvements to the previously negotiated benefits package. However, the changes did not go far enough to address members’ concerns or to provide an equivalent to the current UPS Plan. The newly modified TeamCare plan still lacks many of the key benefits members and their families have come to rely upon. These workers deserve, at the very least, a preservation of the benefits they have earned through their many years of service, dedication and hard work.

In addition, existing TeamCare members are rightfully outraged at the creation of a “two-tier” plan providing them a lesser benefits package to other employees. Current full-time employees under TeamCare will have an inferior plan to both part-time and new full-time employees if the package is not further modified. It is the position of Local 89 that no UPS worker should receive lesser benefits to their fellow members. For this agreement to move forward, the IBT must take notice of this inherently unfair treatment of current TeamCare participants and work to ensure excellent benefits for ALL members under an equal plan. Until that time, Local 89 cannot endorse the current TeamCare plan for UPS workers.

Teamsters Local 89 made up around 25% of all votes on the previously rejected Central Region Supplement. With nearly 90% of our members in the Ground and Air divisions voting to reject the agreement, our voices were heard throughout the International Union. However, the rejection of the previous proposal was not a victory resting solely on Local 89 members. Without the solidarity and energy of members in locals throughout the Central Region, a solid rejection of the Supplement would not have occurred. In voting to reject this latest substandard proposal, members throughout the Region will be sending yet another message to UPS/hall demanding a contract and a benefits package worthy of ratification. If the membership is offered anything less, both can count on another sweeping victory for the Vote NO Movement. Perhaps this time IBT Secretary-Treasurer Hall will listen.

Teamsters Local 89

Local 89 Teamsters speak out against the UPS Contract - YouTube

For those of you who don't realize. Local 89 currently is the largest UPS station. Our healthcare is the best, due to the work we do. This "Teamster Care" is nothing compared to the one I'm currently one, it's nothing but a freed the union machine. Our union is getting greedy, and wants to control the UPS money that's being spent on our health care. By giving it control to our union, they're pocketing their own lump sum, and giving us a lower version of insurance. Now, they're even removing health benefits from White Collar non union employees spouses if their work can give them insurance, either by pay or a given. Us union employees are not the only one's that are suffering from the changes that are taking into effect. I'll update some papers given by our top union stewards soon this weekend.

Also, my tram situations have not been any better. I still have days where I wait for a tram for 45 minutes. I could leave at the same time and be 10-15 minutes early, or late with a red flag on my name for a possible accurance. It takes over half an hour to leave UPS to the parking lot by rides that's 2.5 hours on a regular week spent, going from the parking lot to work and over 14,000 other people use the same transportation. Our trams do not have AC, nor heat. They're slimy,sweaty,disgusting,foul. Earlier this year, UPS tried to bribe my Local 89 union members by saying, if you guys vote "yes" and the contract goes through without problem, you'll receive 1,000 dollars. Which turns about into $660ish due to luxury tax. I've only seen one new tram in my work station, which holds less the amount than the others. One new tram for over 14,000 people... NICE. Check out our website and the YouTube video on this post before you do any trolling to mine.

ezmoney5150

President Fred Z Wins Advancements in TeamCare--We Urge Members to Continue to Vote NO!

​Joseph Goebbles would be proud of that BS!

UPS members attended meetings Sept. 7th to obtain information on the latest proposal for the Central Region Supplement and to receive a detailed explanation of recent changes to their healthcare benefits. After hearing the changes, members in both the Ground and Air meetings unanimously accepted a motion to again VOTE NO on the Central Region Supplement. Members in attendance pledged to mobilize their fellow workers against the new proposal ahead of the mailing of ballots on Sept. 18[SUP]th[/SUP].

With an unresponsive and out-of-touch IBT Package Director Ken H controlling the direction of negotiations, the membership has seen only token attempts to resolve the many issues still lingering throughout the proposed Central Region Supplement. With only two changes made to the agreement, members are angry and insulted at the audacity of the IBT in ignoring their concerns. Only a minor adjustment was made to the extremely dangerous language contained in Article 17i, giving UPS almost unlimited power to terminate employees for anything the company deems a “serious offense”. Local 89 members will not accept any proposal containing needless concessions aimed only at the continued appeasement of UPS by Ken H.

Teamsters Local 89 members, officials, and agents do indeed acknowledge and welcome improvements to the previously negotiated benefits package. However, the changes did not go far enough to address members’ concerns or to provide an equivalent to the current UPS Plan. The newly modified TeamCare plan still lacks many of the key benefits members and their families have come to rely upon. These workers deserve, at the very least, a preservation of the benefits they have earned through their many years of service, dedication and hard work.

In addition, existing TeamCare members are rightfully outraged at the creation of a “two-tier” plan providing them a lesser benefits package to other employees. Current full-time employees under TeamCare will have an inferior plan to both part-time and new full-time employees if the package is not further modified. It is the position of Local 89 that no UPS worker should receive lesser benefits to their fellow members. For this agreement to move forward, the IBT must take notice of this inherently unfair treatment of current TeamCare participants and work to ensure excellent benefits for ALL members under an equal plan. Until that time, Local 89 cannot endorse the current TeamCare plan for UPS workers.

Teamsters Local 89 made up around 25% of all votes on the previously rejected Central Region Supplement. With nearly 90% of our members in the Ground and Air divisions voting to reject the agreement, our voices were heard throughout the International Union. However, the rejection of the previous proposal was not a victory resting solely on Local 89 members. Without the solidarity and energy of members in locals throughout the Central Region, a solid rejection of the Supplement would not have occurred. In voting to reject this latest substandard proposal, members throughout the Region will be sending yet another message to UPS/Ken H demanding a contract and a benefits package worthy of ratification. If the membership is offered anything less, both can count on another sweeping victory for the Vote NO Movement. Perhaps this time IBT Secretary-Treasurer Hall will listen.

Teamsters Local 89

Local 89 Teamsters speak out against the UPS Contract - YouTube

For those of you who don't realize. Local 89 currently is the largest UPS station. Our healthcare is the best, due to the work we do. This "Teamster Care" is nothing compared to the one I'm currently one, it's nothing but a freed the union machine. Our union is getting greedy, and wants to control the UPS money that's being spent on our health care. By giving it control to our union, they're pocketing their own lump sum, and giving us a lower version of insurance. Now, they're even removing health benefits from White Collar non union employees spouses if their work can give them insurance, either by pay or a given. Us union employees are not the only one's that are suffering from the changes that are taking into effect. I'll update some papers given by our top union stewards soon this weekend.

Also, my tram situations have not been any better. I still have days where I wait for a tram for 45 minutes. I could leave at the same time and be 10-15 minutes early, or late with a red flag on my name for a possible accurance. It takes over half an hour to leave UPS to the parking lot by rides that's 2.5 hours on a regular week spent, going from the parking lot to work and over 14,000 other people use the same transportation. Our trams do not have AC, nor heat. They're slimy,sweaty,disgusting,foul. Earlier this year, UPS tried to bribe my Local 89 union members by saying, if you guys vote "yes" and the contract goes through without problem, you'll receive 1,000 dollars. Which turns about into $660ish due to luxury tax. I've only seen one new tram in my work station, which holds less the amount than the others. One new tram for over 14,000 people... NICE. Check out our website and the YouTube video on this post before you do any trolling to mine.

Joseph Goebbels would be proud of that BS!

ezmoney5150

​How brave and noble of you to be looking out for us current Central States participants. First BS. All Fred is looking out for is his vendetta against Hoffa, not people that don't pay dues to his local. I was fine with my benefits before the changes. Don't fall on your sword for us. Were fine. Fred is using his 9000 members to hold the rest of us hostage. I wont forget that if and when he tries to run for International whatever.

Marshal

​How brave and noble of you to be looking out for us current Central States participants. First BS. All Fred is looking out for is his vendetta against Hoffa, not people that don't pay dues to his local. I was fine with my benefits before the changes. Don't fall on your sword for us. Were fine. Fred is using his 9000 members to hold the rest of us hostage. I wont forget that if and when he tries to run for International whatever.

If you were to work for 89, and have the insurance we currently have now. You'd understand why we're upset. Several families on my wing, have to pay several grand more due to medical bills that this new insurance will not save, that the current one we have will. Come over here and work in our conditions, then tell me how you really feel.

And I honestly don't care what Fred does, or what he wants to achieve. I'm in this for keeping our benefits the same, not for less. I'd keep my same insurance and not receive a pay raise if I had the option to.

ezmoney5150

If you were to work for 89, and have the insurance we currently have now. You'd understand why we're upset. Several families on my wing, have to pay several grand more due to medical bills that this new insurance will not save, that the current one we have will. Come over here and work in our conditions, then tell me how you really feel.

Apples and oranges. What part of UPS doesn't want you on their plan do you not understand? And if they were to keep you, you would be paying almost $100 dollars a week and more if you smoke. Also if your wife has a plan with her company then she can't be on your plan. Sounds great.

What? Only the people in Local 89 have tough work conditions? You probably think the grass is greener on the other side also.

​Don't use us currently in the Central States plan to make yourself feel better about your no votes. Especially to further Fred's political machinations.

Marshal

Apples and oranges. What part of UPS doesn't want you on their plan do you not understand? And if they were to keep you, you would be paying almost $100 dollars a week and more if you smoke. Also if your wife has a plan with her company then she can't be on your plan. Sounds great.

What? Only the people in Local 89 have tough work conditions? You probably think the grass is greener on the other side also.

​Don't use us currently in the Central States plan to make yourself feel better about your no votes. Especially to further Fred's political machinations.

I really don't see how you can say, we're holding you hostage. Considering, you'll receive back pay after it's been settled. If you're hurting for money, you should obtain a second job. I for one can wait till it's settled.

I really don't see how you can say, we're holding you hostage. Considering, you'll receive back pay after it's been settled. If you're hurting for money, you should obtain a second job. I for one can wait till it's settled.

Its real nice.......................................................all the suck asses that are afraid to vot NO....................................................................Will benefit from our NO votes.......................grow a pair and vote for a good contract!............................if you cant....then why should you benefit from those of us who have a pair of balls??????

ezmoney5150

​I'm not worried about money. Im worried about 2 things Fred isnt. Our customers and our jobs up north. My local doesn't have 9000 members being fed propaganda to them like in 89. You have almost a quarter of the Central Region which means you are playing politics with our jobs.

Marshal

Its real nice.......................................................all the suck asses that are afraid to vot NO....................................................................Will benefit from our NO votes.......................grow a pair and vote for a good contract!............................if you cant....then why should you benefit from those of us who have a pair of balls??????

I'm trying to comprehend the dots. No offense brother.

ezmoney5150

I was on the picket line in 1997. Were you? You'll probably the first to cross.

​Everybody has a set when theyre not on the line. I was there when the tough guys before the strike were saying "let us vote. We want to go back to work"

ezmoney5150

Lots of people will vote yes...rregardless of what the company offers! But they will gladly take the benefits that they get from us..NO Voters!...thats a pile of crap...get what you voted for! dont expect something extra from us guys and girls who say hell no!

How many times can you dip into that well? Your no votes got what they wanted. Now stop screwing the goose that lays the golden eggs. (Our customers)

​When Amazon jumps ship for fed ex what do you think will happen? News Flash! Lay offs. Will you be so proud then?

Marshal

​Everybody has a set when theyre not on the line. I was there when the tough guys before the strike were saying "let us vote. We want to go back to work"

Even a 12 year supervisor gave us his two cents at my work area. Do you want more or less? I don't want either. I want the same I've been getting.

Yes I was on the picket line in1997 along with the one day strike before that. When they changed the weight limit from 70lbs to 150lbs after we signed the contract. No I don't want to go on strike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But HELL yes I will if need be!!! Yes I have a big friend$%&&&* pair when I need to use them.DONT EVER EVER EVER question me on this issue!

ezmoney5150

Yes I was on the picket line in1997 along with the one day strike before that. When they changed the weight limit from 70lbs to 150lbs after we signed the contract. No I don't want to go on strike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,But HELL yes I will if need be!!! Yes I have a big friend$%&&&* pair when I need to use them.DONT EVER EVER EVER question me on this issue!

​If you're willing to strike over $5 maximum prescriptions and no deductable, which 95% of America would kill for then common sense is not a virtue in Kentucky.

Marshal

​If you're willing to strike over $5 maximum prescriptions and no deductable, which 95% of America would kill for then common sense is not a virtue in Kentucky.

Dental is no longer a non cap by the way also to note. Now it's $1,500 cap per family members on the plan max.

I'm going to upload some papers given by our union stewards probably later. You'll see what we've been having flooded around my area. It'll be a better insight to show you how we see it through our eyes.

Who are you?? My stupid SUP??..SUre sounds like it!..Not gonna strike over pennis and nickels! But are willing to strike for inferior Healthcare.....Very bad harassment and over 9.5. Language..Unfair and unjust punishment and termination! No full time jobs? Article 22 jobs are a pile of crap!an so on and so fourth!......a bid :censored2: NO vote from me aNd the rest of our local!

Marshal

Who are you?? My stupid SUP??..SUre sounds like it!..Not gonna strike over pennis and nickels! But are willing to strike for inferior Healthcare.....Very bad harassment and over 9.5. Language..Unfair and unjust punishment and termination! No full time jobs? Article 22 jobs are a pile of crap!an so on and so fourth!......a bid :censored2: NO vote from me aNd the rest of our local!

I completely agree with you. They're trying to put more punishment on us almost on Vehicle/Aircraft strikes. They don't understand how many K-Loaders are defective at our area, and none of the parking breaks work. Try pulling up a loader to an MD-11 and watch it roll back. Having to use both feet, one on the break and one on the gas, hoping you don't chip a piece of darn paint that ends your job.

And yes, I've seen someone chip paint before and get fired due to a bold can. They obtained the job back later that week, but still. I've also seen a girl dint a 767 pretty good and became a supervisor in training the next week. We call her "Airforce Amy"