Teamsters Local 89

​I'm not worried about money. Im worried about 2 things Fred isnt. Our customers and our jobs up north. My local doesn't have 9000 members being fed propaganda to them like in 89. You have almost a quarter of the Central Region which means you are playing politics with our jobs.
First off. There isn't going to be a strike. IBT will not let it happen. They will work it out and meet in the middle on this. They are just going to have to work for are dues. That's all.

​ Second the customers are not going anywhere. The customers have only one place to go to. FedEx ground. Come on seriously. Also ups is way to smart to let this go. One more thing if ups wanted to be like a fedex model they would have done it already and if the fedex model is better then a ups why are they second best.

​The only people who are harassed are the ones who allow themselves to be harassed or have skeletons in their closet. If you choose not to file grievances over 9.5 then you are your own problem. In 24 years and 11 as steward I've never been terminated, not for lack of trying, so why is that?
Dude you need a clue. Even the bass kissers in my bldg. are getting harassed. It's out of control. It needs to stop.

It's more then that. Stop the crap.
It the court of public opinion it will look like we are pusillanimous :censored2: biaoutches. We got a great deal in 2007 as the rest of the country died. How old are you East coast Navy?? Ask yourself. Do you get it? I'm not calling you out. I'm just asking if you know why you are in the middle of this jihadd????????

It the court of public opinion it will look like we are pusillanimous :censored2: biaoutches. We got a great deal in 2007 as the rest of the country died. How old are you East coast Navy?? Ask yourself. Do you get it? I'm not calling you out. I'm just asking if you know why you are in the middle of this jihadd????????
I was around in 2007. And I was also in 2001 to 2005 in the trenches getting shot at and taking grenades. So let's not talk about where we were. Let's talk about the now. You guys keep saying stop. Vote yes. Everything is going to be fine. Just the customers are not going anywhere. some popcorn, sit back and enjoy the benefits we the no voters are going to get you.

That's what we think. But yet Mr. stay under the radar is saying this shouldn't happen.
I agree. I got hit bad and the manager who lied was terminated in the end. Me and my local think outside the box that's why he's no longer with the firm. It's up to us to file GOOD grievances. It's also up to up to think like Jews and go an I for an I. I admire the Jews. They fight for what was right ( Jesus was a Jew and he wouldn't ever do an I for an I but I'm not perfect like the Christos so I will go like the jew I am an take others ( management who cover up things dayly) and this is how yiu have to be. Do the job and the right thing will come if you have the faith. Voting no won't help you have to step your game up. This company is smart and they respect to ones who play the game like Jordan. Have faith a vote yes. Vote yes God bless

He's a good union guy who goes balls deep into management. I bet they fear him in his barn. He seems a lot like me an asswhole and my kind of asswhole. You guys and girls have him all wrong. He is union down to his bone marrow. Those on this site who like me ( and judging from my rep which I am the third highest reped poster) should respect what he is saying because I wouldn't steer any of you wrong. Think about it real hard before you send in That no vote.
He got me at there is no harassment unless you are a problem child. Sorry that's just what I think.

enzo

I am beginning to think that 407 steward is ups management!!!!!! Remember anyone can post and pretend to be a union member!

Well when you get older and have walked the walk and are able to talk the talk you will understand. I'm guessing g you are under 32?? Am. I right???? Play along it will be a tutorial.
I've walked the walk. More then any other 32 year old in the company. I've been OJSed 40 times in my 8 years. 27 by six different sups, 10 by 3 different managers and 3 by a div. manager. They couldn't find anything wrong.

I'm all ways 2.5 hours over because my route needs to be time studied and I have balls to do the job right (not like the runners that I'm compared to). I'm a alternate steward. I was walked off the property for putting makeup on my tattoos. (Had to take a one day suspension with two days no pay).

So I might not have the age. I might not have been around in 97. But I have the balls and two months saved for a strike. I don't want to go on strike. But I friend#^%ing will if I have to.

C

chuchu

Fred and almost every hub in Ohio has got a point. If we are giving concessions when the company is making record profits we will always be giving in to concessionary and divisive language changes in the future contracts. I'm glad the No! vote helped get rid if some of the bad article changes. We have a guy who is a great worker and family man that was MMI'd and would've been terminated upon ratification of the contract as proposed the first time around. Can any steward say the negative language changes are good? There's no way I'd vote for single day vacation drivers to work all year long, not covering vacation days, to keep part time workers from getting a full time job. What's good about that?

BTW: the company plan that 89 and a lot of us are on is not the plan the management is on FYI. And no one except Hall said we'd have to pay $100/ WK because that was the first fake offer from UPS.

Looks like 177 took the same $ the company offered the IBT and bought better insurance with less than 140,000 additional workers added! It appears the IBT is selling us less insurance than what we're entitled to and using us for sacrificial pawns, giving concessions right and left to line their pockets.

That, is bull.

ezmoney5150

Fred and almost every hub in Ohio has got a point. If we are giving concessions when the company is making record profits we will always be giving in to concessionary and divisive language changes in the future contracts. I'm glad the No! vote helped get rid if some of the bad article changes. We have a guy who is a great worker and family man that was MMI'd and would've been terminated upon ratification of the contract as proposed the first time around. Can any steward say the negative language changes are good? There's no way I'd vote for single day vacation drivers to work all year long, not covering vacation days, to keep part time workers from getting a full time job. What's good about that?

BTW: the company plan that 89 and a lot of us are on is not the plan the management is on FYI. And no one except Hall said we'd have to pay $100/ WK because that was the first fake offer from UPS.

Looks like 177 took the same $ the company offered the IBT and bought better insurance with less than 140,000 additional workers added! It appears the IBT is selling us less insurance than what we're entitled to and using us for sacrificial pawns, giving concessions right and left to line their pockets.

That, is bull.

Concessions? How funny. You guys are living in some other reality.

cynic

How many times can you dip into that well? Your no votes got what they wanted. Now stop screwing the goose that lays the golden eggs. (Our customers)

​When Amazon jumps ship for fed ex what do you think will happen? News Flash! Lay offs. Will you be so proud then?

If you read the Amazon user forums you'll see which logistics company is preferred and which one is despised.

BrownBrokeDown

LMAO. So I negative rep Ive Gotta Package 4U because he's acting like a 13 yr old who can't reason well enough to provide any sort of debate other than "yeah, well wipe your chin". Then he goes back to something I typed last week and neg reps me. Ow, that hurt. I voted no. But people like you is why I am very disillusioned with some of those that still can vote, and are coming on here with the vote no "movement". You have no argument, other than "we want more, and if you vote yes you are sitting under your sup's or hall desk". (And then in threads where people are burning their ballets [supposedly] they say just vote, when what they mean is vote no.) Half of you still won't admit that UPS will not provide insurance no matter what is done...at least not without us paying for it weekly. Grow up. Try to debate, not sit around circle jerking each other.

BrownBrokeDown

If you read the Amazon user forums you'll see which logistics company is preferred and which one is despised.

Shipping with internet based comanies has less to do with what carrier the customer likes, and more to do with who gives the biggest discount and provides the least interrupted service. My second job is at a very large company that does a lot of online business. If Amazon decide we were a risk to the service to the customers, the account could be pulled faster than we could say lay-offs.