Teamsters Local 89

LMAO. So I negative rep Ive Gotta Package 4U because he's acting like a 13 yr old who can't reason well enough to provide any sort of debate other than "yeah, well wipe your chin". Then he goes back to something I typed last week and neg reps me. Ow, that hurt. I voted no. But people like you is why I am very disillusioned with some of those that still can vote, and are coming on here with the vote no "movement". You have no argument, other than "we want more, and if you vote yes you are sitting under your sup's or hall desk". (And then in threads where people are burning their ballets [supposedly] they say just vote, when what they mean is vote no.) Half of you still won't admit that UPS will not provide insurance no matter what is done...at least not without us paying for it weekly. Grow up. Try to debate, not sit around circle jerking each other.

My biggest beef with this contract is not about money....but our union leadership refusing to hear what we have to say!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
LMAO. So I negative rep Ive Gotta Package 4U because he's acting like a 13 yr old who can't reason well enough to provide any sort of debate other than "yeah, well wipe your chin". Then he goes back to something I typed last week and neg reps me. Ow, that hurt. I voted no. But people like you is why I am very disillusioned with some of those that still can vote, and are coming on here with the vote no "movement". You have no argument, other than "we want more, and if you vote yes you are sitting under your sup's or Ken H's desk". (And then in threads where people are burning their ballets [supposedly] they say just vote, when what they mean is vote no.) Half of you still won't admit that UPS will not provide insurance no matter what is done...at least not without us paying for it weekly. Grow up. Try to debate, not sit around circle jerking each other.
Yeah, i supppose you get enough circle jerk time in during twilight shift lol. Don't bash what you don't know....the old school FT drivers want and expect different things from this contract than you or I as PTers. The pension increases don't mean much to me....as I still have 18 yrs or so left on my ups sentence. And teamcare is a pile of crap stacked six feet high, IMO. But until you put on browns and start delivering....there's nothing to even debate. Oh and yeah, wipe your chin, you got a lil something......

Last edited:

BrownBrokeDown

Yeah, i supppose you get enough circle jerk time in during twilight shift lol. Don't bash what you don't know....the old school FT drivers want and expect different things from this contract than you or I as PTers. The pension increases don't mean much to me....as I still have 18 yrs or so left on my ups sentence. And teamcare is a pile of crap stacked six feet high, IMO. But until you put on browns and start delivering....there's nothing to even debate. Oh and yeah, wipe your chin, you got a lil something......

So by your logic, you and I as pters should not have even voted, only drivers opinions matter? And yes even having 18yrs left, those pension increases should mean a damn lot to you.

BrownBrokeDown

My biggest beef with this contract is not about money....but our union leadership refusing to hear what we have to say!

Then vote their asses out the next election. That doesn't change or mitigate the posts that your were crapping out on anyone that had a dissenting view because they chose to vote yes. I also believe you were the one that in another thread that said "just vote"...kinda hypocritical, don't you think?

I do agree that leadership doesn't listen, but tell me who was better than Hoffa in the last election?

Then vote their asses out the next election. That doesn't change or mitigate the posts that your were crapping out on anyone that had a dissenting view because they chose to vote yes. I also believe you were the one that in another thread that said "just vote"...kinda hypocritical, don't you think?

I do agree that leadership doesn't listen, but tell me who was better than Hoffa in the last election?
the point I was trying make was. The company nor the union will take us seriously if only 38% of the people vote! IM not telling anyine how to vote..........im voting no but you vote hbowever you want to. Just vote!

BrownBrokeDown

the point I was trying make was. The company nor the union will take us seriously if only 38% of the people vote! IM not telling anyine how to vote..........im voting no but you vote hbowever you want to. Just vote!

That may have been the point in the other thread, but not this one. Sorry, I'm not buying it.

But yes, the turnout has been pathetic. But according to Bleedin it doesn't matter anyway. Only drivers opinions matter, so therefore only they actually need to vote...wait, the national passed, narrowly i'll grant you but it did pass...so maybe a lot of the drivers voted yes...oooooh, maybe we're not only segragating by job but by the regions that voted no...so I got it now, only the drivers in the regions that voted no know what should be in a contract so only they need to vote...don't know how we can get that over 38% percent turnout then, sorry.

For the record, I voted no on the National and the Southern Supplement because of multiple things: retiree healthcare cost increases, uncertainty of current employee healthcare at the time (this has been resolved), 4 year progression, pter starting pay. In that order. I was ready to strike. I had even planned what my family would do in that case. But damn some of you are pi$$ing me the he11 off. I don't care if everything isn't approved for 4 damn years. I'll get my backpay. But comeone, at least have reasons (and post them) not these middle school insults.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So by your logic, you and I as pters should not have even voted, only drivers opinions matter? And yes even having 18yrs left, those pension increases should mean a damn lot to you.
That wasn't my point....i voted no, but i believe eveyone should vote, regardless of how they vote. My point is the differing perspectives.

BrownBrokeDown

That wasn't my point....i voted no, but i believe eveyone should vote, regardless of how they vote. My point is the differing perspectives.

I wouldn't be so sure. Every driver I know voted Yes, except one who voted No "for me" since we had been talking about it and I was bitching to him about it.

RealPerson

I wouldn't be so sure. Every driver I know voted Yes, except one who voted No "for me" since we had been talking about it and I was bitching to him about it.

Tell them Drivers to thank a No Voter then, for the Improved benefits, than what they Would of had if it passed the first time...

browned out

Tell them Drivers to thank a No Voter then, for the Improved benefits, than what they Would of had if it passed the first time...

All the yes voters should have been stuck with the garbage benefit package they voted for. Please read and ask questions on myteamcare.org; try to get answers; and make an educated decision.

C

chuchu

The part time start wage is increased by 50¢ .... not $1.50 like they want you to think because the $1.00 bump after seniority has been taken away.

The four year progression is still in place.

The healthcare is "resolved" to the base C6 plan (if you read the MOU in Art 45 you will see the "enhancements" are NOT guaranteed BUT the first plan is)....the one we didn't want. If other locals, like 177, are taking the $ offered by the company and buying[ a better insurance plan it shows the teamster hierarchy was going to make big money off our insurance by pocketing the difference. Since local 177 wasn't factoring in the 140,000 extra people the IBT was and STILL got better insurance it plainly shows we were offered a lesser plan. I heard other locals did the same as local 177.

If you're on the C6 plan and are OK with it that's great. But most of the central region are not AND when the guy running our healthcare meeting was asked "what happens to the retirees healthcare if the company pulls out?" he said " We don't know, we will insist the company takes the grey hairs with them". What a thank you for all the hard work they did for 30 yrs. Hips and knees have been replaced by our "grey hairs" in our center. But those weren't the BAs or any of the local board officers knees or hips.

Using seasonal all year long to stop our part timers from getting full time driving jobs? Bull crap.

You can cuss TDU all you want but this poor contract was from our IBT overpaid leadership who is appeasing ups to pocket millions in healthcare money. And the C6 funding is in jeopardy thanks to Obama rejecting Hoffa's plea for exemption and BEING DENIED three weeks ago.

Better read all the bold and not bold wording changes. There's more than you've been told.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
All the yes voters should have been stuck with the garbage benefit package they voted for. Please read and ask questions on myteamcare.org; try to get answers; and make an educated decision.

Some solidarity there -- everyone that works under the same contract in the same plan should receive the same benefits. I voted against both the NMA and my supplement, but both were overwhelmingly ratified in my area. I'd like to see my raise sometime before the end of the year, but I'm also not on here wishing UPS would lock the other "no" voters out either.