Teamsters Presidential endorsement 2016?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You make over $1 million a year?
If you think that Bernie can pay for free college, free healthcare and other free crap by taxing people who make over $1 million, while America is already over $19 trillion in dept, well you must be a special kind of stupid.

10 point

That type of reaction is selfish and naive. They are two entirely different issues regardless of an impasse or not. Is pulling money out of DRIVE really going to help your cause? In fact it will only be hurting yourself and sending a union busting message to others.
Uh, I believe that he's saying that the Union officials didn't respect their majority vote so the Union leadership does not care what they (dues paying members) think and therefore screw them and the two horses they road in on.

They evidently don't respect the members vote count so they aren't trusted to speak for the very members they trampled on. No trust. No give money.

Gimme Danger

If you think that Bernie can pay for free college, free healthcare and other free crap by taxing people who make over $1 million, while America is already over $19 trillion in dept, well you must be a special kind of stupid.

It ain't free, it's paid for with taxes. Get rid of the corporate welfare and invest in our society. The rich can pay more. Just like they did in the 40s, 50s, & 60s.

10 point

It ain't free, it's paid for with taxes. Get rid of the corporate welfare and invest in our society. The rich can pay more. Just like they did in the 40s, 50s, & 60s.
Bernie's 2014 tax returns ($204,000.00 gross) showed that he paid 13% in taxes.
Wish I could get away with 13% taxation.

LagunaBrown

Uh, I believe that he's saying that the Union officials didn't respect their majority vote so the Union leadership does not care what they (dues paying members) think and therefore screw them and the two horses they road in on.

They evidently don't respect the members vote count so they aren't trusted to speak for the very members they trampled on. No trust. No give money.
Sounds very "right to work-ish" and anti Union to me. I don't care who is in charge or what impasse happened if you don't give money to DRIVE then you are crippling the Union. Corporation personhood is a joke and companies like Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, General Motors and BofA have got huge breaks while the working class gets the pension shaft. The government gives money to corporations while corporations spend ludicrous amounts to break the Unions and change laws. We need all the help we can get right now. There is a legislater war happening that needs to be addressed.

Gimme Danger

So your ba is kicked out of ups yet again and you post Star Wars pictures. Okay carry on.

What exactly is my role in labor relations? I show up to drive a package car, occasionally file a grievance and help fellow Teamsters when I can.
On the otherhand, making your day with Star Wars pics is my way of helping a brother out.

10 point

Sounds very "right to work-ish" and anti Union to me. I don't care who is in charge or what impasse happened if you don't give money to DRIVE then you are crippling the Union. Corporation personhood is a joke and companies like Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, AIG, General Motors and BofA have got huge breaks while the working class gets the pension shaft. The government gives money to corporations while corporations spend ludicrous amounts to break the Unions and change laws. We need all the help we can get right now. There is a legislater war happening that needs to be addressed.
Sounds to me that the IBT seemed anti member in their case and in other locals as well.
That issue left alot of bitterness no matter how you paint it.

And when the IRB busts people (conferences, locals) for fraud and/or other offenses do you think that makes members want to give them more $ or withhold extraneous support in any way possible?

You can understand the animosity that leaves behind. Trust is a very fragile thing.

LagunaBrown

Sounds to me that the IBT seemed anti member in their case and in other locals as well.
That issue left alot of bitterness no matter how you paint it.

And when the IRB busts people (conferences, locals) for fraud and/or other offenses do you think that makes members want to give them more $ or withhold extraneous support in any way possible?

You can understand the animosity that leaves behind. Trust is a very fragile thing.
You based that on a fraction of the IBT and not the whole. I trust that there are more good people out there in the the Teamsters Union than bad. The same can not be said for the corporate world.

That type of reaction is selfish and naive. They are two entirely different issues regardless of an impasse or not. Is pulling money out of DRIVE really going to help your cause? In fact it will only be hurting yourself and sending a union busting message to others.
You don't want to hear my voice, you're not getting my money. Plain and simple.

Exactly.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The majority, of the less than 30% of members that voted ?

Who can argue against that point ?

In reference to "conferences" (and we know who you are talking about)

It wasn't an unknown quantity.

Even RC was (or should have been) aware of any discrepancies.

After all, he was the IBT General President.

And it went back years.

You based that on a fraction of the IBT and not the whole. I trust that there are more good people out there in the the Teamsters Union than bad.

Yep.

You don't want to hear my voice, you're not getting my money. Plain and simple.

If your Local and the IBT, can't earn the trust and respect....

It's your money, and your rules.

-Bug-

10 point

In reference to "conferences" (and we know who you are talking about)

It wasn't an unknown quantity.

Even RC was (or should have been) aware of any discrepancies.

After all, he was the IBT General President.
And it went back years.
-Bug-
I'm not talking about longevity of supposed abuses. Nor am I singling out the IBT leadership in that statement (in regards to the GP) or culpability of policing conferences.

I'm just saying that IRB reports and imposed trusteeship because of it diminishes the members trust. Those issues do involve dues money. They also breeds contempt when it involves leaders held in high esteem.

You don't have to presume upon my statement. There's plenty to read in the last pages of the Teamster magazine .

Last edited:

10 point

You based that on a fraction of the IBT and not the whole. I trust that there are more good people out there in the the Teamsters Union than bad. The same can not be said for the corporate world.
I'm not saying that there aren't two separate issues here. I'm just saying that people get fed up and disillusioned with how things that greatly affect them are perceived and handled.