Teamsters shipping method

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by payton_who, Aug 9, 2007.

1. payton_who

payton_who New Member

Hello,
    I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I just got something from the teamsters delivered to my house. They shipped it to me using Fed-EX !!!!

2. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

My UPS scorecard from American Express was sent Fed-ex also.
    Sh@t happens

3. DS

DS Fenderbender

Everything they send me comes Canada Post.

4. longlunchguy

longlunchguy Runnin on Empty

wow.they sent you something? they just take my dues every week. haven't seen or heard from any one from our local since the last time they wanted to sign us up for D.R.I.V.E.

5. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

That is a lie! Fed ex is not allowed in any teamster buildings here at all! Fedex deliveries get refused and not a chance will they ship anything to you other than usps, dhl, and ups. What did you get in the package? Was it sent from another compnay as a third party for the teamsters? Ifso you need to notify your local immediately!

6. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

....AND you should have refused it!

7. govols019

govols019 You smell that?

Yeah, our local refuses anything that comes Fed-Ex.

8. brownrodster

brownrodster New Member

If I got something from the teamsters via fedex I'd accept it. Photo the package and plaster it all over the internet!!! What a disgrace.

9. Pollocknbrown

Pollocknbrown Member

Whats the difference all the news letters and all that jazz and Union propoganda and even UPS propoganda i get, i get from the USPS. Personally i dont bleed the union or company's colors yet so im not really affected.

10. upsdude

upsdude Well-Known Member

Red........................ I understand what you're saying but I disagree with that stance. Wouldn't it be better to have a form letter printed and ready to hand them? The letter would list the pay scale for UPS and other Teamster drivers. That would give the FedEx guy something to read and hand to his co-workers. Also include contact information for the FedEx guy to call your BA. Think of it as a Sales Lead!

Just a thought.

11. payton_who

payton_who New Member

I am sorry but it is not a lie.
    It was the health insurance information.
    It came from my local.
    I did not refuse it because it was left at my door.

12. RozUPS

RozUPS New Member

Maybe it's because the Teamsters are heavily courting Fedex drivers and workers to join the union.

13. satellitedriver

satellitedriver Moderator Staff Member

That was the first thought that entered my mine.

14. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

What local are you in? Wouldnt ups be the one sending you the health insurance info?