teamsters united candidate punks out

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Wow.

You step away from the computer for a moment, and look what happens. :biggrin:

I started this (train wreak) of a thread.... So it's up to me to stop it.

Let me respond to a few posts, and we can call this one good.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Your title is a little mis-leading bug

I could have used the term "supporter".

TDU does the exact same thing.

What a burden omnipotence must be....

....hypothetically?

It's no burden at all. ;)

Haven't made any mistakes? Quite an achievement...and those folks that you learned from who were "the best" taught you how to jump on the phone and snuggle up with that center manager? And what exactly do you do when you're on the receiving end of that center manager call and...the center manager tells you that he paid the last 8 overtime grievances but he needs to fire Joe B. and he doesn't have a real strong case?

I don't know how your Local does things....

But, we don't deal with petty little center managers.

Any calls that would be made, would be to the local Labor person or the IBT.

Really. No real issues here? I have no idea and no dogs in this fight. It just seem pathetic that fat and bad breath are all you guys got... No re-enforcing arguments. No issues. If I cared about any of this I would be disappointed in the leaders. Just like I am disappointed in the US presidential candidates.

There are real issues.

But, Teamster politics are no different. Emotions run high on both sides.

Don't take your position for granted.

It's the members who put me here. And, it's the members that can take me out.

I don't belong in this topic since I am completely clueless. As someone that has cleaned up a lot of toilets for my family over the years I guess

I like the gif but maybe it's a good time to debate whatever issues you are concerned about. As I said I have no idea what you guys are debating. According to @Lead Belly it's toilet cleaning, halitosis, and overeating. There has to be more to this than that.

Let's keep this correspondence going @cheryl. I like this. Are you a mod/site owner or just a poster?

My records are all public records. Stop threatening me with your screenshots of what gets posted here.

You send me screenshots as well. Are you under the influence? This is very odd of you. And you are the one who told me to.

I think he's trying to shame me, but it's unclear.

Everyone, can learn something from these 2 verbal exchanges.

Posting on a forum.... is almost a disservice to the topic, and points trying to be made.

You can't read body language.

You can't see facial expressions.

You can't hear the inflections, in someones voice.

Okay, I get it. I am designated to be the evil one. Even though I have no dog in these fights you guys are tribal minded and you need an enemy. I will accept that role if you find that relevant to what you are really fighting for. Seems like I am a distraction, but these things actually matter.

You're good.

As previously mentioned.... (Teamster) politics can get ugly.

So now all of the slugging comes out.
It's only going to get worse.

If no one, was passionate about their beliefs.... life would be boring.

@cheryl provides us with an opportunity.

@Lead Belly is my brother, from another mother.

Let's end this thread here.

-Bug-

There are real issues.

Posting on a forum.... is almost a disservice to the topic, and points trying to be made.

You're good.

-Bug-
Great post brother. I kept it clean and I got my say. I wasn't moderated for how I feel and I respect that. I will let the thread die. For the record my blood pressure never went up in this thread. I was a total Jedi. I appreciate you @BigUnionGuy

Brown Spider

There are real issues.

You're good.

-Bug-

Brown Spider

We do things a bit differently. We attempt to address all issues at the lowest level possible...even a "petty little center manager".
In fact...if a Steward can resolve the issue with a "petty little" sup, that works just fine. In fact, our Stewards have been remarkably successful at doing just that.

And......we rarely.....call.....the.....IBT.

In the interest of brevity...you could have ended your post...after..."I don't know..."

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We do things a bit differently. We attempt to address all issues at the lowest level possible...even with a "petty little center manager".

Minor
little "day to day" issues ? Sure.

But, there is a fine line.

After all.... a Steward is not an employee of the Local.

In fact...if a Steward can resolve the issue with a "petty little" sup, that works just fine. In fact, our Stewards have been remarkably successful at doing just that.

That's a double edge sword.

If the Steward is keeping the Local informed (for seeking guidance purposes).... Ok.

And we rarely call the IBT.

Most TDU Locals don't.

They don't want to suffer the embarrassment, of being wrong.

IE: Local 804.

In the interest of brevity...you could have ended your post...after..."I don't know..."

Yawn.

-Bug-

Holydriver

Really. No real issues here? I have no idea and no dogs in this fight. It just seem pathetic that fat and bad breath are all you guys got... No re-enforcing arguments. No issues. If I cared about any of this I would be disappointed in the leaders. Just like I am disappointed in the US presidential candidates.
i said the same thing to this guy not to long ago... as an outsider looking in, i am inclined to support TDU just becausae the TDU advocates on here arent name calling and looking like 3rd graders. which, to me, are typically signs of a desperate attempt to remain in power

Brown Spider

Minor little "day to day" issues ? Sure.

But, there is a fine line.

After all.... a Steward is not an employee of the Local.

That's a double edge sword.

If the Steward is keeping the Local informed (for seeking guidance purposes).... Ok.

Most TDU Locals don't.

They don't want to suffer the embarrassment, of being wrong.

IE: Local 804.

Yawn.

-Bug-

Our Stewards do quite well, thank you. They consult with the Local before entering into any resolution and make it clear to UPS that the proposed resolution is subject to the approval of the Principal Officer. They're well trained and professional in their dealings with the Employer.

I wouldn't consider us to be a TDU Local. We may have 2 - 3 members show up at monthly meetings wearing TDU gear. There may be another 5 -10 who don't wear the gear or don't attend the meetings. We rarely contact the IBT simply because we have the experience and contact with other local unions to review and resolve that which affects us...and them. We feel most comfortable speaking frankly with those in similar straits and equally affected. No sense reaching out the to the General President of Bluster for every little issue. But...then again...we'll be sure to call him if we need a contract rammed down the throats of our members.

I'll look for you at the convention. How high will you be leaping when the H chant starts?

10 point

i said the same thing to this guy not to long ago... as an outsider looking in, i am inclined to support TDU just becausae the TDU advocates on here arent name calling and looking like 3rd graders. which, to me, are typically signs of a desperate attempt to remain in power
Uh, oh.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
i am inclined to support TDU just becausae the TDU advocates on here arent name calling and looking like 3rd graders. which, to me, are typically signs of a desperate attempt to remain in power

Freedom of choice, is the American way.

TDU'ers not name calling.... ???

That's all they do here. Read a few threads.

Our Stewards do quite well, thank you.

They're well trained and professional in their dealings with the Employer.

Good to hear it.

They consult with the Local before entering into any resolution and make it clear to UPS that the proposed resolution is subject to the approval of the Principal Officer.

Entering in to resolutions with the company ?

That's an awful big "legal encumbrance" on your Local.

But.... what do I know. :biggrin:

I'll look for you at the convention. How high will you be leaping when the H chant starts?

Pfft.

Weak minded challenges.... come from weak minded people.

-Bug-

Brown Spider

Freedom of choice, is the American way.

TDU'ers not name calling.... ???

That's all they do here. Read a few threads.

Good to hear it.

Entering in to resolutions with the company ?

That's an awful big "legal encumbrance" on your Local.

But.... what do I know. :biggrin:

Pfft.

Weak minded challenges.... come from weak minded people.

-Bug-

What part of the proposed resolution being subject to the approval of the Principal Officer did you not understand? It's unfortunate that many local union officers see a bright, hard working and respected Steward...and immediately perceive him as a threat to their own future.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
What part of the proposed resolution being subject to the approval of the Principal Officer did you not understand?

You do realize, this isn't a private conversation ?

It's unfortunate that many local union officers see a bright, hard working and respected Steward...and immediately perceive him as a threat to their own future.

Name me one elected official, (once elected) that doesn't spend the majority of their term

figuring out.... how to get to get re-elected ?

Constantly evaluating your running mates, is one key to your success.

(that's a freebie for the young Jedi. And he knows, who I mean. ;))

Spider.... don't take my "well founded" observations, as a personal attack.

-Bug-

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
The just do it on the TDU site instead.

Brown Spider

-Bug-

Private conversation? Of course not...and what is the concern?

Spending the majority of their term figuring out how to get re-elected and constantly evaluating running mates doesn't sound like someone who actually understands the oath of office that he took.

I don't take any of your observations as a personal attack, BUG. I just think that, more often than not, you're wrong. Not every time...Bug...but...certainly...more often than...not.

Name me one elected official, (once elected) that doesn't spend the majority of their term

-Bug-

-Bug-