Teamsters United slate has enough signatures to be accredited

TimeForChange

I got the official word that Teamsters United supporters collected over 62,000 petition signatures! That's the most that any reform slate has ever collected. Great work, everybody!

The office of the Election Supervisor will soon certify that the Teamsters United slate is accredited. The slate will be able to put six pages of campaign ads in two issues of the TEAMSTER ragazine. I think the issues will both be between January and May of next year.

Because of the petition signatures, the slate will also get a list of all Teamsters and their addresses, which will be used to mail campaign ads, although the slate will probably not have the money to mail something to all 1,300,000 or so Teamsters. That's why the magazine ads are so important.

I'm sure that the Hoffa lovers will boast that Hoffa submitted double that number of signatures. But the Hoffa slate won't be any more accredited than Teamsters United will be. They will just have more pages in the TEAMSTER rag to put even more photos of Hoffa.

Evil

Teamsters United has collected over 12,000 from the West and received 6,000 signatures from Local 396 members. That's 1,000 more signatures than the principal officer of his own local collected.

804brown

Tim's experience was hanging members out to dry. No thanks.
No, ya see it was Tim's intelligence and his ability to think outside the box, if you will, by using media and local pols to push UPS' hand into getting back to the table. It took a few weeks but they got their jobs back. Remember he was trying to fix a screw up by a rogue BA. UPS took advantage of the situation and used those 250 members and got their ultimate prize: banishment of Liam.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
No, ya see it was Tim's intelligence and his ability to think outside the box, if you will, by using media and local pols to push UPS' hand into getting back to the table. It took a few weeks but they got their jobs back. Remember he was trying to fix a screw up by a rogue BA. UPS took advantage of the situation and used those 250 members and got their ultimate prize: banishment of Liam.
Your absolutely right! Tim was in front of those cameras. It wasn't even his call. TDU Dave commanded he go to the cameras. And while Tim was focused on TDU antics, Hall and O went in, did the real Union work and within 24 hours the 250 members had jobs again. But Tim wouldn't know that anyway, because he wasn't really involved. He just thinks UPS was backed into a corner by his TDU antics.
I'm still waiting for someone to thank Tim.

804brown

Your absolutely right! Tim was in front of those cameras. It wasn't even his call. TDU Dave commanded he go to the cameras. And while Tim was focused on TDU antics, Hall and O went in, did the real Union work and within 24 hours the 250 members had jobs again. But Tim wouldn't know that anyway, because he wasn't really involved. He just thinks UPS was backed into a corner by his TDU antics.
I'm still waiting for someone to thank Tim.

Time to embrace reality. Those "antics" WORKED!! Hall "went in" AFTER Tim's tactics got UPS back to the table. The final deal was already decided. UPS wanted Liam gone. Tim wanted the 250 back. No need for Captain Concession and Barnacle Boy to break a sweat. I heard Split Raise Hall offered 125 members back and Liam allowed in building every other day, LOL!! (Just a joke, not sure they even spoke) They were a non-factor here. Sort of like them being a non-factor at contract negotiations. House slaves never put up a fight!!

Last edited:

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Time to embrace reality. Those "antics" WORKED!! Hall "went in" AFTER Tim's tactics got UPS back to the table. The final deal was already decided. UPS wanted Liam gone. Tim wanted the 250 back. No need for Captain Concession and Barnacle Boy to break a sweat. I heard Split Raise Hall offered 125 members back and Liam allowed in building every other day, LOL!! They were a non-factor here. Sort of like them being a non-factor at contract negotiations. House slaves never put up a fight!!
"I heard" Tim wanted all 250 fired permanently.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I got the official word that Teamsters United supporters collected over 62,000 petition signatures! That's the most that any reform slate has ever collected. Great work, everybody!

That doesn't say a lot for Tom and Sandy.

Who have run twice, and lost.

They were TDU's best shot.

Not so much.... anymore.

-Bug-

LagunaBrown

The office of the Election Supervisor will soon certify that the Teamsters United slate is accredited. The slate will be able to put six pages of campaign ads in two issues of the TEAMSTER ragazine. I think the issues will both be between January and May of next year.

Because of the petition signatures, the slate will also get a list of all Teamsters and their addresses, which will be used to mail campaign ads, although the slate will probably not have the money to mail something to all 1,300,000 or so Teamsters. That's why the magazine ads are so important.

I'm sure that the Hoffa lovers will boast that Hoffa submitted double that number of signatures. But the Hoffa slate won't be any more accredited than Teamsters United will be. They will just have more pages in the TEAMSTER rag to put even more photos of Hoffa.

Big deal.... Get over 35 percent of the election vote and I will be impressed.