Teamsters United slate has enough signatures to be accredited

804brown

I find it funny that he's going to go from cleaning up poop stains at UPS to thinking he can be the IBT president.
Are you really trying to compare Tim's long and impressive record as a Teamster?? Before moving to an inside position, Tim was a package car driver, a shop steward and an organizer. He worked and learned under the guiding hand of Ron Carey at the Local level as well as the Intl.
He was worked for UPS for over 36 years. He knows this company well and it showed in how he handled contract negotiations in 2013.
As for his experience cleaning up crap, it will certainly come in handy when he gets elected and has to clean up the mess in the Marble Palace.

804brown

Members who thought he was king state that there's too many problems in this local for him to be focusing on international.
Problems?? Were you at the last General Membership Meeting?? I was. I did not see or hear one peep from the Old Guard or their supporters. Tim and the board gave their reports: union finances, trustees report, pension, H/W, president's report. Nothing but crickets out there.
The reason for the crickets is because things have greatly improved in the last 5 or 6 years under this board. The rank and file members know this.
The rank and file want to know their funds are in good shape and in safe hands. They also want to see their BAs a couple of times a week and feel they have their back. They want to be able to trust their union officials when they say something...and they do now. They don't want their officers colluding with management or going to the Division Manager's weddings, golfing, etc.

member6045

Are you really trying to compare Tim's long and impressive record as a Teamster?? Before moving to an inside position, Tim was a package car driver, a shop steward and an organizer. He worked and learned under the guiding hand of Ron Carey at the Local level as well as the Intl.
He was worked for UPS for over 36 years. He knows this company well and it showed in how he handled contract negotiations in 2013.
As for his experience cleaning up crap, it will certainly come in handy when he gets elected and has to clean up the mess in the Marble Palace.

Stop shining that Yugo! Tim didn't fix anything in 804! If you call refusing to pay medical benefits and eliminating a good medical plan!! He did that! Tim isn't using 60% of the $1500 a month ups gives the union on our behalf! That's our money. It should be used on the members!! Tim got his balls clipped and stitched with that last contract.

member6045

Crickets? Lol. That's disappointment. Crickets but no applause. You my friend are delusional.

Not even the members who retired and got an increase benefited from our last contract. They are still paying $525.00 for healthcare. $3900-525= 3375! Back door pay cut! They got a smooth kick in butt from Tim with that one.

member6045

Problems?? Were you at the last General Membership Meeting?? I was. I did not see or hear one peep from the Old Guard or their supporters. Tim and the board gave their reports: union finances, trustees report, pension, H/W, president's report. Nothing but crickets out there.
The reason for the crickets is because things have greatly improved in the last 5 or 6 years under this board. The rank and file members know this.
The rank and file want to know their funds are in good shape and in safe hands. They also want to see their BAs a couple of times a week and feel they have their back. They want to be able to trust their union officials when they say something...and they do now. They don't want their officers colluding with management or going to the Division Manager's weddings, golfing, etc.

Temper? Temper? What you witnessed was 100 people waiting to see if Tim was gonna answer the videos that have been put out!!! Hi Tim? No rumor report at that GM meeting. The members believe Liam totally!!! So what needed to said! Wasn't. He didn't come close bringing it up. As for that 6 years of greatness?? I guess it shows that one mans junk! Is another mans treasure!! Because local 804 is shambles!!!

Oh ya! Love the red clown nose!
i

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Temper? Temper? What you witnessed was 100 people waiting to see if Tim was gonna answer the videos that have been put out!!! Hi Tim? No rumor report at that GM meeting. The members believe Liam totally!!! So what needed to said! Wasn't. He didn't come close bringing it up. As for that 6 years of greatness?? I guess it shows that one mans junk! Is another mans treasure!! Because local 804 is shambles!!!

Oh ya! Love the red clown nose!
i
Did any of the guys thank Tim publicly for saving the Maspeth 250 jobs or is it only 804brown

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

1 guy got up last year who is a huge supporter of Tim and thanked him! The shop stewards that where involved don't support him!! Wait!!! The guy who was being fired doesn't support Tim either!!
I just asked 804brown that very question about if they support Tim.......they were closest to the situation so I would guess they have a lot of facts on what happened

804brown

Stop shining that Yugo! Tim didn't fix anything in 804! If you call refusing to pay medical benefits and eliminating a good medical plan!! He did that! Tim isn't using 60% of the $1500 a month ups gives the union on our behalf! That's our money. It should be used on the members!! Tim got his balls clipped and stitched with that last contract.
Lets be serious here. No one has been refused anything. If members stay in the network, their bills are paid. Simple. If they go outside the network, the plan pays a certain percentage and the member pays the rest. Simple.

As for "eliminating a good medical plan", LOL, you have no clue. That "good medical plan" had less doctors covered and cost the plan too much. It was unsustainable. The Fund would have been in the red in June of 2011 if nothing was done. With that change of plans, the Fund now has a surplus which will allow certain benefits to be returned such as lowering the monthly costs to retirees!!