Teamsters/UPS 2018 Contract

I was hired off the street last November to be a package car driver. I got pretty lucky with how it all went down. I'm obviously the low man and make 18.75 an HR and don't always get to work. I was told about the 4 year progression to top wage. My only worry is if the new contract in 2018 comes out and makes the progression longer or wage lower. Do I have to wait or am I grandfathered into the progression I was hired at???? Thanks for any feedback

MendozaJ

Start $18.75
Seniority $18.75
Twelve (12) months $19.50
Twenty-four (24) months $21.00
Thirty-six (36) months $25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Are you sure?
Your progression is based on the contract in force when you made seniority, unless otherwise stipulated in a future contract, however in the past everyone has always been grandfathered, even if it is to the driver's detriment. I was hired under one contract then a new one was ratified resulting in new drivers off the street making more money than me for a while until the progression caught up and I passed them.

MrBrown

Start $18.75
Seniority $18.75
Twelve (12) months $19.50
Twenty-four (24) months $21.00
Thirty-six (36) months $25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate
Mmm just hit 21. I work with some guys who say progression used 2 b 6 months. 4 years is a little long. We're not learning a traditional trade. You can either deliver packages or you can't

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Mmm just hit 21. I work with some guys who say progression used 2 b 6 months. 4 years is a little long. We're not learning a traditional trade. You can either deliver packages or you can't
Also its not like they expect the new guys to do less then the regular drivers, in fact they expect them to do more.

I worry about progression because I don't have a lot of seniority. A normal week for me is 3 days of driving. 3 days of 18.75hr too 3 days of top pay is a big difference. I have to make a plan for my family's future. Just didn't want to get screwed by a new contract. Sounds like I wont.