Teamsters/UPS 2018 Contract

PT Car Washer

I worry about progression because I don't have a lot of seniority. A normal week for me is 3 days of driving. 3 days of 18.75hr too 3 days of top pay is a big difference. I have to make a plan for my family's future. Just didn't want to get screwed by a new contract. Sounds like I wont.
First year is always the worse. Get a few new guys under you in seniority and you will be working everyday.

NXA

I worry about progression because I don't have a lot of seniority. A normal week for me is 3 days of driving. 3 days of 18.75hr too 3 days of top pay is a big difference. I have to make a plan for my family's future. Just didn't want to get screwed by a new contract. Sounds like I wont.
Would somebody educate this man about guaranteed hours? I would, but I don't remember all the language right now.

NXA

There needs to be work available for him to get hours...
It's more complicated than that. I used to be "laid off "in the proper sense, and I would work two part-time shifts to make my 8 hours. Yes it sucked, yes I did it anyway, yes my family's bills were paid.
What I can't remember is the contractual details about being laid off.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Would somebody educate this man about guaranteed hours? I would, but I don't remember all the language right now.
All the language as in your supplement/rider? Or ALL the different language in all the different contracts/supplements/riders?.

By The Book

I was hired off the street last November to be a package car driver. I got pretty lucky with how it all went down. I'm obviously the low man and make 18.75 an HR and don't always get to work. I was told about the 4 year progression to top wage. My only worry is if the new contract in 2018 comes out and makes the progression longer or wage lower. Do I have to wait or am I grandfathered into the progression I was hired at???? Thanks for any feedback
No worries....you will be at top rate in November 2019. You are entitled to work before anyone below you on your full time seniority list. If drivers above you come in and work while on vacation and you are sitting home eating top ramen....that's your work, I think.

NXA

All the language as in your supplement/rider? Or ALL the different language in all the different contracts/supplements/riders?.
Is it in the supplements? I genuinely don't remember, and I'm too lazy to go digging for it (but not too lazy to ask)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Your progression is based on the contract in force when you made seniority, unless otherwise stipulated in a future contract, however in the past everyone has always been grandfathered, even if it is to the driver's detriment. I was hired under one contract then a new one was ratified resulting in new drivers off the street making more money than me for a while until the progression caught up and I passed them.

My "Are you sure?" was not about being grandfathered but rather was about the time frame that he gave, which was off by a year.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Learn new routes and those 3 driving day weeks will be a thing of the past.