Teamsters voice anger with pension trustee

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Put simply, the financial problems of the CSPF and the investigation of the OCT should not be combined into one article.

The point BUG was making is the linkage is complex and unfair. An eight month trustee hardly has culpability for the decline of the CSPF. The reduction plan was being created before BL was appointed Trustee.
Now time will tell how much wrongdoing was actually involved in the Ohio Conference fiasco but connecting the two bodies is journalistic sensationalism, not factual reporting.

From that article;

"L's position as trustee for the Illinois-based Central States Pension Fund compromised the integrity of the fund, which is currently in financial trouble and set to drastically cut retiree benefits, said Butch L, retired former president of Local 100 Teamsters union."

"This shows you what kind of people are handling this money," Butch L told the Enquirer"

This particular journalist, from my hometown newspaper, has taken quite an interest in these issues.

That's even funnier.

A "journalist" quoting.... and using (as a source of information)

The disgraced, former (TDU) President of your Local.

I'm sorry but federal investigations finding 70% of funds were misused isn't very complex.

TDU.... kind of "dumbs down" the information on their website.

They feel it is more palatable, for the average Teamster to digest.

-Bug-

Last edited by a moderator:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
From that article;

"L's position as trustee for the Illinois-based Central States Pension Fund compromised the integrity of the fund, which is currently in financial trouble and set to drastically cut retiree benefits, said Butch L, retired former president of Local 100 Teamsters union."

"This shows you what kind of people are handling this money," Butch L told the Enquirer"

That's even funnier.

The disgraced, former (TDU) President of your Local.

TDU.... kind of "dumbs down" the information on their website.

They feel it is more palatable, for the average Teamster to digest.

-Bug-
I could care less about exact percentages. Money was being pissed away. Which has been the case in unions for the last 50+ years.

This is why some people have trouble trusting the unions with their money.

Last edited by a moderator:

10 point

From that article;

That's even funnier.

-Bug-
Agree.

She should have stuck with the Federal Investigatory report...60+ pages.
I could care less about exact percentages. Money was being :censored2: away. Which has been the case in unions for the last 50+ years.

The tail is wagging the dog.
Don't forget that we're "just entitled". That explains everything.

ezmoney5150

So you are saying there won't be an announcement shortly after the pensions are cut that bonuses are being paid? Maybe not millions but they will prosper off our losses.

I guess you're right if you consider making a salary "prospering off of our losses." But the question is do you work for free?

ezmoney5150

I could care less about exact percentages. Money was being :censored2: away. Which has been the case in unions for the last 50+ years.

LOL! The Central States Pension fund is not the union you silly boy.

I think you've read too many black helicopter conspiracy theories.

rod

Retired 22 years
I guess you're right if you consider making a salary "prospering off of our losses." But the question is do you work for free?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

I never said the central states pension fund.

Um.... then I am confused what you mean.

Are you talking about dues money ?

Just curious.

Not sure how he was "disgraced", unless you count losing a re-election bid?

Maybe "disgraced" is my perception.

When you get video taped, raiding the Secretary-Treasure's office....

And then, lose re-election while the ST wins again.

What would you call that ?

-Bug-