Teamsters voice anger with pension trustee

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They inflate the big rat balloon outside the job where nonunion (scabs) work.

They equate scabs with rats.
Bug just posted that even Union members are like rats on a ship.
Maybe rats have scabs.
So confusing.
Yep
Back in my day we had 9 planets
and Scabs were workers that crossed a Union picket line.

Now, a Scab means nothing ... as that is the way in the term is used.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Yep
Back in my day we had 9 planets
and Scabs were workers that crossed a Union picket line.

Now, a Scab means nothing ... as that is the way in the term is used.

Back in the day, there was no RTW, and UPS was pretty much a closed shop. So a scab was a union member crossing a picket line.

Today, a scab is an employee reaping all the benefits of a CBA (wages, working conditions, health insurance, representation, etc.) and not paying for it (dues.)

10 point

The "rats" I was referring too....

Are the other members of Tim S. slate.

And the observation, is will they jump ship ? Now that Tim S. lost his Local election.

-Bug-
I understood what you said.
But thx for trying to clear it up.

I just don't think of Fred and other concerned Teamsters as rats. That's all I'm saying.

You have a lot of clout on here and in real life. I don't understand the comment from a person of your position. It's not a judging comment I'm making so don't take it that way.

The members will show the support (or lack there of) for their candidates in less than a year this too will be a settled deal.

Let's not kill the wounded in our union. Even tho we all make mistakes, sometimes are a dollar short, and get off course from time to time we all really want the same union solidarity.

I respect someone who can go from porter to local president in a short period of time.

Sometimes success and prosperity are our first stumbling blocks. Few can handle it without messing up.

The "rats" I was referring too....

Are the other members of Tim S. slate.

And the observation, is will they jump ship ? Now that Tim S. lost his Local election.

-Bug-
They are already in disarray from what I'm hearing. They don't know what to do. I hear half of them are mad at the other and they don't know what the next move is. I love it.

10 point

They are already in disarray from what I'm hearing. They don't know what to do. I hear half of them are mad at the other and they don't know what the next move is. I love it.
I heard that what you heard is unheard of.

It looks like the slate is moving forward anyway.

They may not win but they have a right to run.

May the best representation win. We're going to need it.

Holydriver

There are always people "like you".

Take something, for nothing in return.

What's stopping you ?

Why don't you think for a minute....

And, list them.

Holydriver, is going to tell us.

We might be waiting.... for a long time.

-Bug-
here you go buddy, read this article and feel a little bit small. these are the pieces of :censored2: that run around spewing hatred for the wealthy. these lousy MFers take our dues and use that money to lobby congress to cut our very own pensions. is that something you support? paying someone to represent you and the choose to represent you by cutting your benefits? all the while collecting upwards of $200k each? come on man, i get your a union fool, but you must see at least a little bit of an issue here, right? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...osses-salaries-put-big-in-big-labor/?page=all

i pay my fuxxing union dues every god damned month. i work my 50 hours a week for an employer that punishes good work performance by taking the work load off of terrible employees that are too lazy to do their job. but why can they be like that? becuae a union wont allow the bad employees to be fired. if i owned a business, i certainly wouldnt hire some of these people. its pathetic what some people will do in order to reduce their work load.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I understood what you said.
But thx for trying to clear it up.

I just don't think of Fred and other concerned Teamsters as rats. That's all I'm saying.

I have absolutely no problems with who the members choose to support.

It's my opinion, they are being led astray by people with (selfish) ulterior motives.

Even tho we all make mistakes, sometimes are a dollar short, and get off course from time to time we all really want the same union solidarity.

I totally understand the sentiment.

They are just the wrong people.... with all the wrong reasons.

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
here you go buddy, read this article and feel a little bit small. these are the pieces of :censored2: that run around spewing hatred for the wealthy. these lousy MFers take our dues and use that money to lobby congress to cut our very own pensions. is that something you support? paying someone to represent you and the choose to represent you by cutting your benefits? all the while collecting upwards of $200k each? come on man, i get your a union fool, but you must see at least a little bit of an issue here, right? http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...osses-salaries-put-big-in-big-labor/?page=all

i pay my fuxxing union dues every god damned month. i work my 50 hours a week for an employer that punishes good work performance by taking the work load off of terrible employees that are too lazy to do their job. but why can they be like that? becuae a union wont allow the bad employees to be fired. if i owned a business, i certainly wouldnt hire some of these people. its pathetic what some people will do in order to reduce their work load.

This post.... deserves it's own response from me.

Wow.

You should be working for an employer, that could appreciate your special talents.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

As long as they choose who you choose.

It's my opinion, they are being led astray by people with (selfish) ulterior motives.

Because they conflict with your ulterior motives?

...and that would be your "sentiment", no matter who challenges an incumbent group, making them de facto TDU.

~Bbl~

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Holydriver

This post.... deserves it's own response from me.

Wow.

You should be working for an employer, that could appreciate your special talents.

-Bug-
no comment on this article, huh? i didnt expect one.... see, you like unions and thats fine with me. i like the right to work laws because, hey, i dont think we should all be forced to pay dues. and personally, im the type of guy that thinks we should all have the right to choose what we do and dont want to do. i dont know, call me old fashioned....

as i said before, i am a dues paying member of my local and have been for quite some time. but i feel that the RTW laws force the union reps to actually try and work for their members. how, you might ask? well, if im guaranteed money from everyone that works for me then i have no real incentive to do anything for them..,..after all, they have to pay me no matter my performance (kind of like congress.) however, if i have to earn someones trust and convince them to pay their hard earned money and dues to me when the law doesnt require it, i better work for those members in a way that earns their support and ultimately makes them want to join a union.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I'm the type of guy that thinks we should all have the right to choose what we do and dont want to do.

Hey....

I am not one to judge. Live your life, as you see fit.

"ARTICLE 36. NONDISCRIMINATION

The Employer and the Union agree not to discriminate against any individual with respect to hiring, compensation, terms or conditions of employment because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, physical disability veteran status or age in violation of any federal or state law, or engage in any other discriminatory acts prohibited by law, nor will they limit, segregate or classify employees in any way to deprive any individual employees of employment opportunities because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical disability, veteran status or age in violation of any federal or state law, or engage in any other discriminatory acts prohibited by law. This Article also covers employees with a qualified disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act."

-Bug-

Last edited:

Holydriver

Hey....

I am not one to judge. Live your life, as you see fit.

"ARTICLE 36. NONDISCRIMINATION

The Employer and the Union agree not to discriminate against any individual with respect to hiring, compensation, terms or conditions of employment because of such individual’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, physical disability veteran status or age in violation of any federal or state law, or engage in any other discriminatory acts prohibited by law, nor will they limit, segregate or classify employees in any way to deprive any individual employees of employment opportunities because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical disability, veteran status or age in violation of any federal or state law, or engage in any other discriminatory acts prohibited by law. This Article also covers employees with a qualified disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act."

-Bug-

its very interesting that a post suggesting joining/not joining a union as a choice is twisted into the choice being about sexual orientation. you are unable to make a reasonable justification for big union lies that you are fed and survive on so you try and call the other poster gay. or, you are the type that thinks by calling others gay your own homosexual tendencies will be better hidden. its cool, brother. i wont tell anyone your secret

10 point

no comment on this article, huh? i didnt expect one.... see, you like unions and thats fine with me. i like the right to work laws because, hey, i dont think we should all be forced to pay dues. and personally, im the type of guy that thinks we should all have the right to choose what we do and dont want to do. i dont know, call me old fashioned....

as i said before, i am a dues paying member of my local and have been for quite some time. but i feel that the RTW laws force the union reps to actually try and work for their members. how, you might ask? well, if im guaranteed money from everyone that works for me then i have no real incentive to do anything for them..,..after all, they have to pay me no matter my performance (kind of like congress.) however, if i have to earn someones trust and convince them to pay their hard earned money and dues to me when the law doesnt require it, i better work for those members in a way that earns their support and ultimately makes them want to join a union.
So the mindset is:

If you don't get your money's worth (realistically)...

And,
You can't vote them out of office...

Then,
Quit paying for what you feel that you don't get?

Hmmmm

10 point

-Bug-
Will you post facts to back up your assessment of the slate's personnel?

Never posting a reasonable and researchable rebuttal of the assertions with facts that the other slate's members are running for reasons other than that they believe the IBT could be run better than it is like watching shadow boxing on TV.

I always respect proven and provable facts when I have to make decisions.

Can you help us out?