Teamsters voice anger with pension trustee

Inthegame

my point is this. the NLRA allows unions to draft members-only contracts in RTW states. just to clarify, I PAY MY :censored2:ING DUES, but it kills me to think that people like bernie sandesrs and hillary clinton get so much money from all these union dues that i pay. ive been asleep a lifetime just to wake in time to find the voice that has been speaking for me is no voice of mine..
You're still asleep if you think your dues are going to political candidates. And there's medication for those voices you hear...

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Unions are legally required to represent nonmember employees the same as members
That should not be, if I had my way.

Free to join or not.

But if you don't, not 1 union negotiated benefit unless the company decides to give those to you out of the generosity of their heart.

And no union representation.

You are on your own.

ezmoney5150

That salary doesn't mean anything in regards to the survival to the plan.

Did you work for free? I think not.

Last edited:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They legally can deny non paying members the protections of the union
Since the national labor relations act allows unions to create member-only contracts.

You're contradicting yourself.

my point is this. the NLRA allows unions to draft members-only contracts in RTW states.

Could you post a link, to the NLRA site.... that explains that ?

I think you are confused.

Unions are legally required to represent nonmember employees the same as members

Yep.

I PAY MY :censored2:ING DUES, but it kills me to think that people like bernie sandesrs and hillary clinton get so much money from all these union dues that i pay.

What ?

You're still asleep if you think your dues are going to political candidates.

Holydriver.... obviously doesn't know, that would be illegal.

Free to join or not.

But if you don't, not 1 union negotiated benefit unless the company decides to give those to you out of the generosity of their heart.

And no union representation.

You are on your own.

Kind of hard to argue, against that point.

-Bug-

Holydriver

You're contradicting yourself.

Could you post a link, to the NLRA site.... that explains that ?

I think you are confused.

Yep.

What ?

Holydriver.... obviously doesn't know, that would be illegal.

Kind of hard to argue, against that point.

-Bug-
You're all going to say that unions do not make political contributions? And union money for contributions comes from dues? Do I really need to post 20 or so articles about this? Really? Are you all that :censored2:ing blind or are you willfully ignorant?

Inthegame

You're all going to say that unions do not make political contributions? And union money for contributions comes from dues? Do I really need to post 20 or so articles about this? Really? Are you all that :censored2:ing blind or are you willfully ignorant?
Teamster "Union" money for contributions comes from voluntary DRIVE deductions from members, not from dues. You really need some lessons.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Someone needs to call somebody else fat.

OK.

Tim S. is fat.

Feel better ?

We already got scab in.

English ?

You're all going to say that unions do not make political contributions?

Since you addressed me....

I never said, Unions don't make political (financial) donations. They do.

As ITG pointed out;

Teamster "Union" money for contributions comes from voluntary DRIVE deductions from members, not from dues.

It's illegal, to use dues money for that.

Do you know what DRIVE is ?

Do I really need to post 20 or so articles about this?

If you can post one, I'd like to read it.

Are you all that :censored2:ing blind or are you willfully ignorant?

Relax.... it's Christmas. :santa:

-Bug-

twoweeled

The point BUG was making is the linkage is complex and unfair. An eight month trustee hardly has culpability for the decline of the CSPF. The reduction plan was being created before BL was appointed Trustee.
Now time will tell how much wrongdoing was actually involved in the Ohio Conference fiasco but connecting the two bodies is journalistic sensationalism, not factual reporting.
It's a pattern many of us have seen, when someone doesn't have an answer. "It's complex". Implying it's just too difficult to understand, so don't even try it. We here this from Attorney's who have no responses, politicians who have just been caught, and Company officers after a company has ceased to exist as they escape with their golden parachutes. To follow every inch of wrongdoing, to the very beginning and lay blame in the exact correct place on the appropriate person without mistake, may be a complex task. Fortunately, it's not necessary. Claiming the problem is too complex, is a cop out. A few facts are readily available and obvious. The Pension funds are in trouble, and we did/do have officers in power. These officers did not take power, two weeks ago. These people of authority, leaders, officers have been in power for many years. Most of us don't feel the need to see them involved in the exact beginning minutes of these problems. They had many years to address these problems. I think it's obvious they didn't do their jobs correctly or even adequately. If it wasn't their responsibility to right the ship, than what exactly was their responsibility?

Inthegame

Since you quoted my 10 month old post I'll try again to explain my point. Bill L was appointed CSPF trustee in the spring of 2015. Being most trust funds meet quarterly, I'm suspecting Bill L had maybe three meetings. He resigned the CSPF trustee position after the Ohio Conference fiasco blew up. The reporter somehow tried to connect the issues. That connection was bogus as one entity had nothing to do with the other. That's not too complex after all, is it?