Teamsters Vow To Stand With UPS Pilots On Picket Lines If The Independent Pilots Association Strikes

10 point

If you work at air gateway then no volume for you on a daily basis. Air gateways might get some packages via commercial airlines or cargo airlines, mostly likely those packages will be from UPS main accounts, Express scripts, Government packages, Grainger, H. Schein, Apple, etc.

It's peak season. Every peak season UPS airlines does not have lift capacity to move all the air volume. They contract other airlines to the move the volume. Glennlake most likely already has agreements in place with other air cargo airlines to move the volume in the event of strike. The ground hubs will just moving what air volume that can't get on a plane.
Replace pilots.... Maybe.

Make 10,000 hourly cross the picket line in Louisville, Ky....?

Go fish.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do you guys think this is Hoffa trying to act like a tough guy once toward the company before he walks into the sunset with his 4 pensions???

rod

Retired 22 years
All management could step up to the plate and fly the planes. They are all qualified doctors so I'm sure they know how to be a pilot too.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
All management could step up to the plate and fly the planes. They are all qualified doctors so I'm sure they know how to be a pilot too.
In 97 there was management who were pilots that did fly freight around but it was very limited..

worldwide

You think it's fair that ups drags their feet for 5 years trying to come up with a contract... Typical bs from a corporation

Fair is a relative term and depends on your point of view. All negotiations have multiple parties with their own agendas. I'm sure that UPS has made offers and the pilots union made their counter offers. Until both sides get what they are willing to accept, negotiations will continue - it can't be a "win" for only one side.