Teamsters?????

wgf46

They do more than that, I'd really hate to think where we would be without them !!! Sure, it's not perfect, can't imagine the working conditions without the UNION support. Some places do not need a Union, UPS is one of those conglomerations that does. In my opionion.

upsman2940

What do you think you would have without them, and the members that paved the way for you! I think you wouldn't be asking the question without one or both of them.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
For all there faults they do a great job !!! Ups would not pay us or provide us with the pay and benefits we enjoy without the IBT. I can only speak for the pt'ers .Where else can you get a part time job that pays $22.00 per hour ,has a pension of $60.00 per mos x years service, and have benefits second to none ( I pay ($0.00) for my prescriptions!) I dare you you to find a part time job that pays as well for 17 1/2 hours a week for reading frickin zip codes. And if you think that anyone would give that to you without the IBT you should be commited !!!
My full time job has benefits that would be comparable @ $700.00 per month out of my pocket I pay $53.00 per month union dues .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They do more than that, I'd really hate to think where we would be without them !!! Sure, it's not perfect, can't imagine the working conditions without the UNION support. Some places do not need a Union, UPS is one of those conglomerations that does. In my opinion.

And the flip side is that UPS is the way it is because of the Union.

The truth, which we will never know, is probably somewhere in the middle.

Justaname

I work 50 to 60 a week as well. Still make at least a couple of meetings. Just out of curiosity what is it that you're expecting them to do.

I work 50 to 60 a week as well. Still make at least a couple of meetings. Just out of curiosity what is it that you're expecting them to do.

If am correct the contract states that you can only be over 9.5 twice in five working days. I work 3 or 4 9.5's a week and have filed more greivances the I know, stewards just say file a greviance. Come on man. Can't remember when i've got off in 8 hours when i take a 8 hour day.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If am correct the contract states that you can only be over 9.5 twice in five working days. I work 3 or 4 9.5's a week and have filed more greivances the I know, stewards just say file a greviance. Come on man. Can't remember when i've got off in 8 hours when i take a 8 hour day.

if you have an 8 hour day and are over dispatched ,at 1400 send in a message that you have the request and have too much work. If you dont get help file for 2 hours penalty pay. I also use this chance to file on any supervisors working and any other nit picky things i can file on. Next request I am assured of an 8 hour day

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

if you have an 8 hour day and are over dispatched ,at 1400 send in a message that you have the request and have too much work. If you dont get help file for 2 hours penalty pay. I also use this chance to file on any supervisors working and any other nit picky things i can file on. Next request I am assured of an 8 hour day

Here we just bring back what we need to for our 8 hour request. I've brought stops back at least 5 times this year.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
thanks 728ups, I been driving for 9 years and this is the first I've heard about this. once again where's my steward and why hasn't he told me this.

There is this book that is handed out every few years after negotiations and a vote. It has all the information in it that you need. It's called a CONTRACT!!!!! READ IT!!!!!

STEWARDS ARE NOT BABY SITTERS AND CAN'T READ MINDS!!!

Justaname

Yeah I'm not to sure about 9.5 language being only a part timer who only drives during peek. You could always give your BA a call to see what can be done, wouldnt hurt anyways.