Technical Help Needed

brownedout

Hi all, I know we're a knowledgeable bunch, I'm hoping someone has some useful information for me. I need to replace my standard television dvr cable box. It is a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300. The cablevision phone rep told me I will lose all my saved recordings when I swap for a new box. A search for further answers on the cablevision website would neither confirm nor refute this. The majority of these saved recordings are live sporting events, so it's not like I can go out and purchase the dvd's. So my question is, has anyone else ever had to deal with this situation? Does anyone know of a product that can be purchased to save these recordings to? Thanks in advance for any help.

klein

Für Meno :)
I was in the same boat, even lost a recording from when I made the local news here and was featured on TV.

I can't help you, but I would search online - must be a way to hook it up to a pc via an HDMI cable and burn DVD's.

You can always try calling the nerd team at Best Buy, since they sell both of those products, and they might be able to do it for you for a fee, and all you'll need is to bring in your DVR (cable box)