Technology change, was it approved by Union?

image.jpg

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This is when you guys lose me? What in the hell are you talking about? Please just answer the post intelligently. I would imagine you both are somewhat intelligent. So give it a try and see if you can give a response that is on the subject. Not some random stupid answer that no one can understand? Including me
What he is saying is that your posts should always be at a sixth grade level.

Ron Carey lives on

Article 6 section 6 protects you to a point, but we all know Ups will call anything "defrauding" or "dishonesty". The language needs more teeth. The dreaded "other serious offense " is the company's favorite.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Personally speaking I know of no discipline taken on any driver on local levels or state panels, in my local? Not to say it is not happening in other places. Best thing to do is do what they say it will make you some money in ot, and 9.5 ' s. It is sad for the businesses getting packages at 4pm

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Obviously....

Irishman (skin head) Collins is just trying to "stir the pot".

Or, is just not bright enough to read the contract or even pay attention.

"General Secretary-Treasurer hall announced today that UPS will add thousands of new full-time package jobs across the country this year in the face of strong Teamster enforcement of the new National Master UPS Agreement."

http://teamster.org/news/2014/05/teamsters-announce-ups-will-add-thousands-new-union-package-jobs

Section 4. Technological Change

1. Technological change shall be defined as any significant change in equipment or materials which results in a significant change in the work of the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in the bargaining unit.

4. The Employer shall be required to provide the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, any relevant information to the extent available regarding the technological changes.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-

calcio56

I don't think the goal is to eliminate jobs. It's to increase efficiency so that fewer new jobs will need to be created.

Irishman Collins

Has there been jobs lost? According to the other threads on here, there may have been jobs gained because of it.
No back when I was trained. The Orion guy admitted what the technologies purpose was. He said to decrease miles, add stops and eliminate routes. My center has had four routes eliminated.

Irishman Collins

Obviously....

Irishman (skin head) Collins is just trying to "stir the pot".

Or, is just not bright enough to read the contract or even pay attention.

"General Secretary-Treasurer hall announced today that UPS will add thousands of new full-time package jobs across the country this year in the face of strong Teamster enforcement of the new National Master UPS Agreement."

http://teamster.org/news/2014/05/teamsters-announce-ups-will-add-thousands-new-union-package-jobs

Section 4. Technological Change

1. Technological change shall be defined as any significant change in equipment or materials which results in a significant change in the work of the bargaining unit or diminishes the number of workers in the bargaining unit.

4. The Employer shall be required to provide the National Teamster/UPS Committee for Technological Change, any relevant information to the extent available regarding the technological changes.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

-Bug-
There is definitely a significant change and there is a diminishing of workers. If you weren't sitting behind a desk all day. You would know that.

Ron Carey lives on

Orion s purpose is to have a unskilled workforce. Easily replaced during a work stoppage or just basically stopping wage increases. 18.75 with 4 years to top out. Ups has already started process. The bean counters in Atlanta are counting on the smoke and mirrors of the hoffa administration. To sell a contract or push it through in some cases. Believe me Ups loves the current leadership of the Union

Sent using BrownCafe App

Irishman Collins

It's better than sitting you your mom and dads basement.
Whatever that means? Seriously still waiting for you to comment on this post. Has there been a loss of routes in your area? Please be honest. The Orion guy admitted that every center he has been in at least two routes were eliminated. Doesn't it bother you when hall says crap that isn't true? For once I would like to see you post something that is not pro Hoffa, Hall, In The Game, BUG or anyone else that you feel needs praised. Admit it jobs have been lost.