Technology change, was it approved by Union?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm sure it is a nationwide standard, and not localized. Besides, it is hard to say jobs lost when UPS has been continually hiring drivers in most parts of the country.

It's pretty funny that they think saving miles can cut multiple routes. I mean you'd have to be huge center to save enough miles to cut 4-5 routes. Then add in the extra time it takes to save those miles and its a wash.

I'm really trying to figure out what this hiring spree is all about. We aren't adding extra routes that I can tell. In fact we were just told upper management wants more
SPC.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's pretty funny that they think saving miles can cut multiple routes. I mean you'd have to be huge center to save enough miles to cut 4-5 routes. Then add in the extra time it takes to save those miles and its a wash.

I'm really trying to figure out what this hiring spree is all about. We aren't adding extra routes that I can tell. In fact we were just told upper management wants more
SPC.
I think it is more PR than really reducing costs.
Dumbing down the job is the real goal.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Whatever that means? Seriously still waiting for you to comment on this post. Has there been a loss of routes in your area? Please be honest. The Orion guy admitted that every center he has been in at least two routes were eliminated. Doesn't it bother you when hall says crap that isn't true? For once I would like to see you post something that is not pro Hoffa, Hall, In The Game, BUG or anyone else that you feel needs praised. Admit it jobs have been lost.
So your begging him to post negativity? Wow. So arbitrary. UPS can turn around tomorrow and cut every route. But they would have to work you or pay. What bothers me is grown men that waste their lives complaining and trying to bring everyone down instead up bringing each other up. Go take a nap and wake up and do something productive like massage Sylvester's folds with cocoa butter.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think it is more PR than really reducing costs.
Dumbing down the job is the real goal.
Yeah but this really doesn't do that.

Here's the thing if they want Orion to make left turns and cross streets and hit stops on corners they need to start training drivers differently. Because when the opposite is drilled in you for years and years you can't adjust overnight.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah but this really doesn't do that.

Here's the thing if they want Orion to make left turns and cross streets and hit stops on corners they need to start training drivers differently. Because when the opposite is drilled in you for years and years you can't adjust overnight.

Our flavor of the month is reducing backs, which we have by over 50% as a center. I have reduced mine by nearly 67%.

Will this all be for naught when we get Orion in September?

Are you slow witted? What in the hell are you talking about?
Who the hell are you to talk about slow witted? Bubblehead has already caught you in two count them two lies and you have already made derogatory comments about female members and then you went with the skinhead comment. Who's slow witted again?????