Technology Jobs at FedEx??

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They like to use outside contractors... we have one IT guy, and he covers pretty much the whole state.

When the contractor who installed our ROADS system was there, I got to talking to him. FedEx had given him hotel and car rental stipends
that covered the nicest rooms, and he happened to be renting one of those fancy cars from the rental company "GT mustang convertible something like that"
but he said most of the time he skimped and pocketed the extra $$...

Sure glad Fred has money for that. :money:

mm92280

I think most everyone that has responded thus far is probably a driver or loader and, thus, there experience might be a little different. I could tell by reading the forums that morale was bad (which is probably why you guys are on the forum in the first place - to vent about company/work issues), so I guess I am not too surprised. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the software that the drivers/loaders use isn't necessarily the same software that the HR department, Payroll department and Finance department at FedEx likely uses. I know FedEx has contracts with some of the ERP providers (SAP & I believe they may have an Oracle contract somewhere). So, I was sort of hoping to get some insight from one of the IT guys that worked in HR, Payroll, Finance or one of the Logistics guys. I kind of figured that there might not be very many of them on here, though, as I know this site is geared toward drivers.