Technology Rumor

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Actually upstateNYupser I am going to withdraw my post "MY BAD" after giving this more consideration and reading the original post I think I hit the nail on the head. First of all this is titled Rumor which is not fact but here say. We are getting new DIADS by 2011 and supposedly they are equipped with cameras. I dont know about you upstate Ny UPSER but I keep my diad in the cab when Im delivering that would put a camera in every drivers cab what the camera is looking at or where the camera is located on the new diad is another story....thats where the rumors start. its suppose to take a real time pic of the deliver to cut down on claims but then again that camera will be in the cab as well I rest my case and you owe me an apology upstater!!!! Caponi <-------------- UPSer for 23 years
This is gonna be good!

The camera in the DIAD is not going to be enabled. Its just like a camera in a cell phone. If you removed the software for your cell phone camera, the hardware is useless.

P-Man
Huh? Can I have that in English?

the cameras will not be installed only to watch you but to perform outsourced observations from god knows where which in turn will eliminate many hundreds of supervisors jobs normally this would make me extremely happy but it only means we will have to put up with people hundreds if not thousands of miles away get used to being on camera and start practicing your methods
Does that mean we'll have to start speaking with the back of our tongue touching the top back teeth?

For your first question, I was told by friends in corporate who are very close to the DIAD V. Just like your cell phone, the DIAD V will have a camera, but no software to enable it will be installed.

For your second question, I don't know what started the rumor, but I don't believe it was the DIAD V. The original post said that cameras were already installed. The first DIAD V has not even been built yet.

As upstate said, the logic that the DIAD V is a camera to watch drivers is at best flawed. How would a cell phone be used to watch someone all day. Its the same principle, and makes no sense.

We are now up to over over 50 posts with complaints on something that doesn't exist and is not in the works.

Time to drop this?

P-Man
So now let me see if I underst.............:wink2:

I agree. Why put cameras in the DIAD when there's already two hidden in every PC?
I picture your animated eyeball peeking around in every pkg car.