Ted Kennedy

moreluck

golden ticket member
Getting the story straight before Washington D.C. canonizes him!!.........

The Last of The Kennedy Dynasty

As soon as his cancer was detected, I noticed the immediate attempt at the"canonization" of old Teddy Kennedy by the mainstream media. They are saying
what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear & nottwist the facts to change the real history.

1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled
twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheatfor him.

2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops! The man can't count to four! His
father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the
necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea , where a war was raging. No preferential
treatment for him! (like he charged that President Bush received).

3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris , never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged. Imagine a person of
his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private!

4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia , he was citedfor reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90
miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally,he passed the bar exam in 1959. Amazing!

5. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted
had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear
about that from the unbiased media, did we?

6. On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his
Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail,
Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.

7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party, passing several houses and a fire station. Two friends then returned with him to the scene of the
accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew - that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the
authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the
wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car.
The Kennedy family began "calling in favors", ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an
autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue
Kopechne and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that
his family could fix the problem overnight. Since the accident, Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their
attorney's bills... a "token of friendship"?

8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or
argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and
funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism". In his very first Senate roll, he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and
opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries.

9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of an increase in immigration, up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the pious grilling
he gave the last two Supreme Court nominees, as if he was the standard bearer for the nation in matters of "what's right". What a pompous jerk!

10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than "great
American". "A blonde in every pond" is his motto.

Let's not allow the spin doctors make this jerk a hero -- how quickly the
American public forgets what his real legacy is. Let's keep this going for
truth, justice and the American way!

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just to be Fair and Balanced:
I Need a Job.

I will be available in January 2009, and I am willing to relocate.

RESUME: GEORGE W. BUSH
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, DC 20520

LAW ENFORCEMENT:
* I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine, in 1976 for driving under the influence of alcohol.
I plead guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for 30 days. My Texas driving record has been 'lost' and is not available.

MILITARY:
* I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL.
I refused to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use.
By joining the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam .

EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* I graduated from Yale University with a low C average. I was a cheerleader.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:
* I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.
* I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas, in 1975. I bought an oil company but couldn't find any oil in Texas.
The company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
* I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
* With the help of my father and our friends in the oil industry (including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR OF TEXAS:
* I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.
During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America.
* I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
* I set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.
* With the help of my brother, the governor of Florida, and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court, I
became President of the United States, after losing by over 500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:
* I am the first President in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal record.
* I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one billion dollars per week.
* I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.
* I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.
* I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.
* I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.
* I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S. stock market.
* In my first year in office, over 2 million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues.
* I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in U.S. history. My 'poorest millionaire,' Condoleezza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.
* I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. President. I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations. My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S.history, Enron.
* My political party used Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my election decision.
* I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation or prosecution.
* More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate rip-offs in history.
* I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed..
* I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.
* I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
* I appointed more convicted criminals to my administration than any President in U.S. history.
* I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in the history of the United States Government.
* I've broken more international treaties than any President in U.S. history.
* I am the first President in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.
* I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law.
* I refused to allow inspector's access to U.S. 'prisoners of war' detainees and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.
* I am the first President in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election).
* I set the record for fewest numbers of press conferences of any President since the advent of television.
* I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one-year period.
* After taking off the entire month of August, I presided over the worst security failure in U.S. history.
* I garnered the most sympathy ever for the U.S. after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.
* I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for protests against any person in the history of mankind.
* I am the first President in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will of the United Nations, the majority of U..S. Citizens and the world community.
* I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families in wartime.
* In my State of the Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking Iraq and then blamed the lies on our British friends.
* I am the first President in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.
* I am supporting development of a nuclear 'Tactical Bunker Buster,' a WMD.
* I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:
* All records of my tenure as governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed and unavailable for public view.
* All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
* All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President attended, regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
* I specified that my sealed documents will not be available for 50 years.
:wink2:

over9five

Staff member
Did you know Ted Kennedy's bodyguard was once detained by Capitol Police for illegally carrying a machine gun in a Capitol building?

The most anti-gun Senator in Washington doesn't want me or you to be able to carry a handgun, but his security has machine guns.

The hypocrisy makes me sick.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Did you know Ted Kennedy's bodyguard was once detained by Capitol Police for illegally carrying a machine gun in a Capitol building?

The most anti-gun Senator in Washington doesn't want me or you to be able to carry a handgun, but his security has machine guns.

The hypocrisy makes me sick.
I can't imagine how you're able to carry on. It must take a lot of inner strength. :happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
We were all under the Kennedy Karma of Camelot back in the 60's, but that was because of John & Bobby. Ted did not measure up and even they weren't saintly either (remember Marilyn Monroe and all the gossip?)

One of the Kennedy's, Eunice, did some good with the founding of the Special Olympics. She is currently critical in a hospital (88 yrs. old). she actually will leave a decent legacy by comparison.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
a foot note about the Chappaquiddick story; having been on those local roads many times why did he leave the cabin & travel down the wrong roads that night ? Of the two men who returned to the accident with him, neither could swim. And why did he make 17 phone calls from his hotel before calling the cops.

Neither teddy nor Bush had stellar past histories , but Bush never let a girl drown .

P

pickup

Getting the story straight before Washington D.C. canonizes him!!.........

The Last of The Kennedy Dynasty

As soon as his cancer was detected, I noticed the immediate attempt at the"canonization" of old Teddy Kennedy by the mainstream media. They are saying
what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear & nottwist the facts to change the real history.

1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled
twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheatfor him.
Big deal, you never cheated on a test? If you're not cheating, you're not trying
2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops! The man can't count to four! His
father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the
necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea , where a war was raging. No preferential
treatment for him! (like he charged that President Bush received).
I believe that his father pulled the strings not only without his permission but against his wishes. As for his assignment in Europe, I don't recall any wars going on at that time in Europe so he must have done a good job. I even heard he took a sidetrip to Germany and knocked a little bit of cement out of the wall between west and east Germany. Decades later, the wall finally fell down but does anyone give credit to the man that started the process?
3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris , never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged. Imagine a person of
his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private!
That so called lack of advancement clearly speaks volumes about his love of the common man. I am sure that he was offered many ranks but refused them because he preferred to eat and drink with the real people
4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia , he was citedfor reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90
miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally,he passed the bar exam in 1959. Amazing!

Amazing indeed, Passing the bar is not an easy task. Also amazing is that he managed to drive so fast with no headlights in a residential neighborhood without hitting anything

5. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted
had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear
about that from the unbiased media, did we?I don't believe he was flying that plane so his intoxication would not be an issue. Perhaps he took a few sips from the nippy bottle as the plane was going down. Plus he lost a brother and a leader in one fateful day in dallas less than a year ago. Can you blame the poor guy for self medicating?

6. On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his
Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail,
Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.
Clearly, he is not at fault , but the municipality is. Imagine an unlit bridge with no guardrail, that is an accident waiting to happen
7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party, passing several houses and a fire station. Two friends then returned with him to the scene of the
accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew - that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the
authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the
wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car.
The Kennedy family began "calling in favors", ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an
autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue
Kopechne and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that
his family could fix the problem overnight. Since the accident, Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their
attorney's bills... a "token of friendship"?
Clearly, the man was in shock and just reverted to instinct and went to what was familiar. don't judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoes

8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or
argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and
funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism". In his very first Senate roll, he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and
opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries.
Seems scant perhaps but the reality is that he was the silent force behind other bills that he allowed other senators to put their names on in an effort to mold the next generation.
9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of an increase in immigration, up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the pious grilling
he gave the last two Supreme Court nominees, as if he was the standard bearer for the nation in matters of "what's right". What a pompous jerk!
Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free.. .have these words no meaning for you ?
10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than "great
American". "A blonde in every pond" is his motto.

A blonde in every pond, if they put that proposal on the ballot, I would salute it and vote wholeheartedly for it and what red blooded american male wouldn't?

Let's not allow the spin doctors make this jerk a hero -- how quickly the
American public forgets what his real legacy is. Let's keep this going for
truth, justice and the American way!

The spin doctors have spoken ! Now I need to throw up

diesel96

Perhaps a more legimate panel to latch a "cannonize label" on Ted Kennedy would be his peers and district constituents who felt compelled to re-employ his services for decades, rather than and angry defeated lynch mob in the form of the right wing spin doctors.....

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Perhaps a more legimate panel to latch a "cannonize label" on Ted Kennedy would be his peers and district constituents who felt compelled to re-employ his services for decades, rather than and angry defeated lynch mob in the form of the right wing spin doctors.....
And displaced liberals living in Florida? :peaceful:

tieguy

Banned

I would like to think you're right. Rich liberal elitist leaders like the Kennedys and Kerry being elected leads me to believe money buys votes in Ma.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
so true, tieguy. We also have Barney Frank. Classic Clowns that just keep on getting elected. Or maybe we know our streets will be safer if they aren't here.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Lets also recall that because of a lax immigration that teddy helped pass, Bobby Kennedy's killer was allowed to enter the USA.

wkmac

Lets also recall that because of a lax immigration that teddy helped pass, Bobby Kennedy's killer was allowed to enter the USA.

Let's see, Ted first was elected to the US Senate in 1964' meaning he wasn't sworn in till Jan. 65' and RFK was killed in June of 68'. Sirhan Sirhan was born in 1944' in Jerusalem and immigrated with his parents to America when he was 12 meaning about 1956/1957. I had no idea Ted Kennedy was that good with ex post facto law!
:happy-very:

OK, now that I've had some fun, I will pick on Sen. Kennedy for a bit. This is a case of unintended consequences and getting what you didn't want by monkeying with the law. In 2004' when Sen. Kerry was running for President and Mass. had a republican governor, their law allowed the governor to appoint a successor to fill an vacancy and it's fair to say the governor had Kerry won, he probably would have appointed a republican. In order to stop that, the state democrats moved and got the law changed that required a seat to be filled by election which is the right thing to do anyway. At least outside of rescinding the 17th amendment which is ever better.:wink2:

Now the problem for Ted is there is a democrat governor and his mortality being obvious, his push under one set of circumstances has now come back to bite him. As the song sez, "you can't always get what you want!"
:happy-very:

Kennedy, looking ahead, urges that Senate seat be filled quickly

Seeks law change for interim post

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Of course he will get what he wants, after all that Senate seat belongs to his family. His first pick to replace him is his current wife, Vickie.
Logic states if he was so concerned about the up coming votes and his lack of ability to be there due to his illness, then he should resign now.

over9five

Staff member
Seems to me he should give his "5 months" notice. This would give Massachusetts voters time to get a good Republican in there. Something Kennedy seems to expect to happen...

fact check

a foot note about the Chappaquiddick story; having been on those local roads many times why did he leave the cabin & travel down the wrong roads that night ? Of the two men who returned to the accident with him, neither could swim. And why did he make 17 phone calls from his hotel before calling the cops.

Neither teddy nor Bush had stellar past histories , but Bush never let a girl drown .
Bush let an entire city drown.