Ted Kennedy

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Just a thought, do you really think people who fight harder, have the feistiness to survive do better? I do. My father gave up and passed, ive seen feisty old people beat all odds just because of pure stubborness.
I think laughter helps, I have no proof to post, Ive just seen it happen. Was it just luck?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My father decided to stop fighting and left us the next day.
So I also think those that keep fighting are the true survivors.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Gawd, I'm sick of hearing about him. Nothing else on the radio today.

Heaven help us, one nutjob even mentioned Barney Frank as a possible replacement.
The only good thing about all day Ted, was some of those stories that couldn't be told until today. Those little tales that showed his true character, what a *****.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, if it's of any one intreresst, our national news described, that he sounded and acted much more as a Canadain politician, then an American one.
They also showed a few tweeter messages, saying "In lieu of flowers, give us healthcare" And other healthcare tweets in support of Kennedy.
May he rest in peace, no matter what, he is part of US history.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My father decided to stop fighting and left us the next day.
So I also think those that keep fighting are the true survivors.
I agree with that, but it has to be hard. From someone who has never had a very bad sickness, but seen those that have, I would give up.
I like life and all, but I would never go through some of the stuff I saw my DAD, Mom, sister, and husband go through, I think I would say, Lights out, I quit. But then I hear of the tough people who fight and make it. I guess you have to be there to know. I guess thats why the living will you make when you are 30 should not be the one you use when you are 70.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Funeral service are in Boston on Saturday, with burial at Arlington National Cemetery in DC. However there is a tropical depression ( T.S. Danny ) heading towards NE, arriving on sat., heavy rains and wind.
Can't wait for all the danny boy jokes; how he rained on fatboy's parade?.

diesel96

Did you know Ted Kennedy's bodyguard was once detained by Capitol Police for illegally carrying a machine gun in a Capitol building?

The most anti-gun Senator in Washington doesn't want me or you to be able to carry a handgun, but his security has machine guns.

The hypocrisy makes me sick.

Maybe if 2 of your brothers had their brains blown out by gunfire on the political stage, you'd have a different outlook on life as well....

We were all under the Kennedy Karma of Camelot back in the 60's, but that was because of John & Bobby. Ted did not measure up and even they weren't saintly either (remember Marilyn Monroe and all the gossip?)

One of the Kennedy's, Eunice, did some good with the founding of the Special Olympics. She is currently critical in a hospital (88 yrs. old). she actually will leave a decent legacy by comparison.

Yeah, didn't mearsure up....4 plus decades and probably the most active and respected member in the Senate on both sides of the aisle.......

iowa boy

Gawd, I'm sick of hearing about him. Nothing else on the radio today.

Heaven help us, one nutjob even mentioned Barney Frank as a possible replacement.

It's pretty sad, ole Teddy will be buried before good ole MJ will be. I can see this turning into another Michael Jackson love fest but with a different main character.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Maybe if 2 of your brothers had their brains blown out by gunfire on the political stage, you'd have a different outlook on life as well....is that why he is known as fat and drunk ?

Yeah, didn't mearsure up....4 plus decades and probably the most active and respected member in the Senate on both sides of the aisle.......
except during these last few years when he failed to show up to do his job but for a handful of times.

tieguy

Banned
Maybe if 2 of your brothers had their brains blown out by gunfire on the political stage, you'd have a different outlook on life as well....

which outlook is that being anti gun or being pro machine guns for your bodyguards?

most respected thief in a den of thieves.:happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Ted Kennedy killed more people with his car than I ever killed with my gun.

I wouldnt wish brain cancer on anyone, and my condolences go out to his loved ones, but as a Senator we will all be better off without him.

wkmac

Tooner, Jones,

Thanks for the kind words. My dad will be 80 this December and he refuses to slow down. He still works full time even after having a battle with cancer 5 years ago. He does have a mass in his brain that will at some point turn bad that's a ticking timebomb but doctor's believe he won't live long enough so it was one of those bad news but here's the good news kind of thing.

The other reason I hoped Kennedy would win his battle was because my 17 year old daughter who turns 18 this Saturday (damn time flies) is a musician who works for Jeff Carlisis as a guitar instructor for his Camp Jam Company. Jeff, Peter Stroud and Liberty Devitto introduced her to Musicians on Call which is an incredible organization and you'd be surprised to know how many "Rock Stars" love doing this. The kids out there with severe cases of cancer including brain cancer would just break your heart and make you cry but at the same time I hit my knees and say "thank you God"!

There's a lot of Ted Kennedy not to like, I understand that but I always said a prayer when I heard his name in the hopes of what a victory for him might mean for so many others. And to put another face on this and to also show what a sweetheart Derek St. Holmes is, check out the vid. below of Derek playing with a young guitar student of my daughter's. The boy's name is Dylan, he's 12 and he just lost his dad to cancer about a month ago. If you don't know who Derek is, the song and voice should give it away as he worked with Ted Nugent.

[video=youtube;j04YQlflA6Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j04YQlflA6Y[/video]

If any of you are Zack Wylde fans, keep him in prayer as he is in the hospital with blood clots in the lungs. We got word from Toshi Iseda and it's not good.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just a thought, do you really think people who fight harder, have the feistiness to survive do better? I do. My father gave up and passed, ive seen feisty old people beat all odds just because of pure stubborness.
I think laughter helps, I have no proof to post, Ive just seen it happen. Was it just luck?
Dylan Thomas said feistiness was the way to go. No one lives forever though, and I do feel that acceptance is important. I've always thought that the hardest part is leaving those you love behind.

moreluck

golden ticket member
So what, now we have him 'lying' in state for 2 days ??? !!! So CNN & Msnbc will have their cameras pointed at the corpse for 2 solid days? They could possibly pan out and catch his Portugese water spaniels taking a dump! That'll make great ratings for them !!

I was already pissed when I went to tune in The New Adventures of Old Christine last night and they presented an hour long Kennedy documentary. :sick:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So what, now we have him 'lying' in state for 2 days ??? !!! So CNN & Msnbc will have their cameras pointed at the corpse for 2 solid days? They could possibly pan out and catch his Portugese water spaniels taking a dump! That'll make great ratings for them !!

I was already pissed when I went to tune in The New Adventures of Old Christine last night and they presented an hour long Kennedy documentary. :sick:
well cnn & msnbc surely can use the rating boost.
I always thought they would turn this into another media frenzy, treating him like some king , like he thought of himself.

In Mass. its been all day tv & radio on every channel, after 10 mins I was bored.

On one radio show, people came forth with their own versions of what he was like. One was the co-pilot of the plane that flew him & Joan back from the Island after his famous drowning. Seems neither spoke on that flight, she stared at him and he just read the papers.But when they landed he exited wearing a neck brace that he did not have on when he boarded.

Just another staged event.

P

pickup

well cnn & msnbc surely can use the rating boost.
I always thought they would turn this into another media frenzy, treating him like some king , like he thought of himself.

In Mass. its been all day tv & radio on every channel, after 10 mins I was bored.

On one radio show, people came forth with their own versions of what he was like. One was the co-pilot of the plane that flew him & Joan back from the Island after his famous drowning. Seems neither spoke on that flight, she stared at him and he just read the papers.But when they landed he exited wearing a neck brace that he did not have on when he boarded.

Just another staged event.

God needed another angel.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
God needed another angel.
God saw that he was getting tired
And a cure was not to be.
So he put his arms around him
And whispered, “Come with me”.
With tear filled eyes we watched him suffer
And fade away