Telematics and lunch break......

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
tomorow u tell ur sup, u are breaking trace 5 minutes to go to some restaraunt. And he is paying u for it. U would never do that, cause u no u would get fired. Boy the truth reaaly hurts dont it. Why do u think ups came up with telematics anyway? Because they have a bunch of honest drivers? Nope. Wonder what u fools did before telematics? Ups already thinks we are a bunch of dishonest losers. After reading here, I cant imagine why....
On my route, I don't have to break trace to take lunch. When I didn't have a rte I did. Up to a mile off trace and have been told that is acceptable. Why not take English 101 again? Maybe that way you can type a coherent statement.

tourists24

Thats just ridiculous. If ur stopping point is 10 minutes off trace, u seriously think thats ok.? God help u.
Again,,, we arent talking about 10 minutes off trace (or at least this thread wasnt). You said off trace with no exception included..... I dispute that with what I have stated and stand by it.... and will not put anyone's job in jeopardy by doing so

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Again,,, we arent talking about 10 minutes off trace (or at least this thread wasnt). You said off trace with no exception included..... I dispute that with what I have stated and stand by it.... and will not put anyone's job in jeopardy by doing so
​As would I!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
ok... the "telematics" guy for our center gave us this example:

these are 2 stops that are 1,000 yards apart......

2200 Loop Ave. and 2400 Loop Ave. (both on the same side of the road)

I deliver 2200 Loop and on my way to 2400 Loop I decide to pull into an abandoned parking lot and park in the rear under some shade trees and take my hour lunch.

they're saying I took a 105 minute break and saying my break started the second I turned my wheels right into the abandoned parking lot and my break was over when I pulled back onto Loop Ave.

now I know you can't drive 3 miles to your home like you used to and take break (WE ARE PAYING FOR THAT FUEL AND YOU BROKE TRACE!)

..........but that will turn your hour lunch into a 50 minute lunch.

any ideas?

I brought up the OP up so Iamdense can re-read what was stated. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 30 secs it took for this poster to get through a vacant parking lot to the shade. There is NO reason why mgt should have an issue with this. If I were this OP I would file ART 37 against mgt for harassing me for this. Parking in the shade is an effective way to cool off on a hot day, which is a SAFETY issue.

iamhuge

Banned
ok... the "telematics" guy for our center gave us this example:

these are 2 stops that are 1,000 yards apart......

2200 Loop Ave. and 2400 Loop Ave. (both on the same side of the road)

I deliver 2200 Loop and on my way to 2400 Loop I decide to pull into an abandoned parking lot and park in the rear under some shade trees and take my hour lunch.

they're saying I took a 105 minute break and saying my break started the second I turned my wheels right into the abandoned parking lot and my break was over when I pulled back onto Loop Ave.

now I know you can't drive 3 miles to your home like you used to and take break (WE ARE PAYING FOR THAT FUEL AND YOU BROKE TRACE!)

..........but that will turn your hour lunch into a 50 minute lunch.

any ideas?

I brought up the OP up so Iamdense can re-read what was stated. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 30 secs it took for this poster to get through a vacant parking lot to the shade. There is NO reason why mgt should have an issue with this. If I were this OP I would file ART 37 against mgt for harassing me for this. Parking in the shade is an effective way to cool off on a hot day, which is a SAFETY issue. [/QUOTE] good one. ok, since you make the rules, i have determined 10 minutes is too much. But 30 seconds is fine. So, tell me the ur cut off point, from ok, to not ok. uh, oh thats right. U dont make the rules. Break trace, ur lunch starts.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
good one. ok, since you make the rules, i have determined 10 minutes is too much. But 30 seconds is fine. So, tell me the ur cut off point, from ok, to not ok. uh, oh thats right. U dont make the rules. Break trace, ur lunch starts.
NO! My lunch starts when my ass gets out of that seat and I am no longer driving. I'm done......

iamhuge

Banned
good one. ok, since you make the rules, i have determined 10 minutes is too much. But 30 seconds is fine. So, tell me the ur cut off point, from ok, to not ok. uh, oh thats right. U dont make the rules. Break trace, ur lunch starts.
NO! My lunch starts when my ass gets out of that seat and I am no longer driving. I'm done...... [/QUOTE] hopefully for good, cause u dont know what ur talkin about

tourists24

nope,,, quit dreaming tie boy.... there is a point that the tide changes... but it definitely is not at your BS point of trace break.....

iamhuge

Banned
nope,,, quit dreaming tie boy.... there is a point that the tide changes... but it definitely is not at your BS point of trace break.....[/QUOTE]sorry, it is.

tourists24

I thought the would want the truth. if he wanted to learn how to do things wrong, he would have asked
and he got it from me...you speak some IE nonsense..... he can do it right and get paid appropriately. He'll never get fired for that 30 seconds. its correctly his

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Thats just ridiculous. If ur stopping point is 10 minutes off trace, u seriously think thats ok.? God help u.

If thats where the closest bathroom is, I do think thats OK.

If you as a management person have a problem with that, then either set up some porta-potties on the trace you want me to follow or STFU.