Telematics anyone

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just do not understand the saying it's going to take more time for having the bulkhead door shut, leaving the car running, etc. I follow all the rules and I am able to get 45-65 stops done by noon, and 130-140 by 1500 without running.
And just how many years will you be moving at that pace, honestly?

pretzel_man

pretzel, ok let me reiterate..i don't know your position,,are you a center manager,, a on road,,division manager?? <<<< do you have any concept about day to day operations??? Are you sent here by corporate for damage control? Here is my problem with your nonsensical post about increased production due to the implementation of telematics. IT IS GOING TO HURT THE PRODUCERS,, you and corporate puppeters can live in a fantasy world about the service providers that put your families groceries on the table every day,, but hey,,here is a reality check.......................there are still some. no,,the vast majority of drivers don't need this level of micro management,, they work hard and do the job right--- this is another unfounded slap in the face to the army of drivers that make this company what it is ..this company has been around 100 years because of the driver,, just keep droppin morale and watch where we end up

Again, I'm not sure how to answer but I'll try.

I am not a center manager. Actually, I have never been a center manager. I have been at UPS for 33 years however and held operations management positions in hub, feeder and air. I've been in IE in Air, Package, Feeder in multiple districts and regions.

Am I sent here by corporate for damage control?? No.

My nonsensical posts about production? I'm posting about reports that I've seen first hand. I'm posting from a position of fact. I can't help it if you choose to not believe it.

Here are facts from what I've seen first hand. A % of drivers changed their production behavior based on telematics. Its a small %, but believe it or not, not all drivers give a fair day's work every day. I've seen this first hand.

Over 10,000 drivers are now on telematics. I've been in many telematics centers. I've spoken with countless drivers. I don't see the disaster that you are describing.

P-Man

rod

Retired 22 years

I am not a center manager. Actually, I have never been a center manager. I have been at UPS for 33 years however and held operations management positions in hub, feeder and air. I've been in IE in Air, Package, Feeder in multiple districts and regions.

My nonsensical posts about production? I'm posting about reports that I've seen first hand. I'm posting from a position of fact. I can't help it if you choose to not believe it.

Here are facts from what I've seen first hand. A % of drivers changed their production behavior based on telematics. Its a small %, but believe it or not, not all drivers give a fair day's work every day. I've seen this first hand.

Over 10,000 drivers are now on telematics. I've been in many telematics centers. I've spoken with countless drivers. I don't see the disaster that you are describing.

P-Man

I'm just curious P-man----how many 'drivers" does UPS actually have now days-give or take a few

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

P-Man
Are you afraid of people finding out who you are? Is this the reason you don't state your job? Curiosity, not trying to be a smart butt.

Last edited:
I

IH8No1

Are you afraid people finding out who you are? Is this the reason you don't state your job? Curiosity, not trying to be a smart butt.

He told me he had learned his lesson from a guy named STUG. It's better to remain anonymous. Then you are free to tell the truth without any retributions. He said something about a picture being worth a 1000 words. Go figure.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
He told me he had learned his lesson from a guy named STUG. It's better to remain anonymous. Then you are free to tell the truth without any retributions. He said something about a picture being worth a 1000 words. Go figure.
Thank you, Mr/Mrs/Miss/Ms anonymous.:wink2:

pretzel_man

Are you afraid of people finding out who you are? Is this the reason you don't state your job? Curiosity, not trying to be a smart butt.

Not afraid, but prefer to remain anonymous. I have never heard people I report to talk about the BC or mention any discouragement for posting.

Some people I work with and those that report to me talk about the BC. I'd rather they not know that I'm posting.

Again, not afraid, but its easier for me.

P-Man

Not afraid, but prefer to remain anonymous. I have never heard people I report to talk about the BC or mention any discouragement for posting.

Some people I work with and those that report to me talk about the BC. I'd rather they not know that I'm posting.

Again, not afraid, but its easier for me.

P-Man
P-Man, I don't remember seeing anything you have posted that your bosses should care about. No "protected" info, no mention of ways to get around the established policies. You should be safe, however sometimes some management people would much rather have the rest of us like mushrooms....kept in the dark and fed smile*.
I, for one, appreciate that you give us a calm and clear alternative perspective on many issues.

p.s. don't let that give you a big head, I'll still call BS if I feel the need. LOL

pretzel_man

P-Man, I don't remember seeing anything you have posted that your bosses should care about. No "protected" info, no mention of ways to get around the established policies. You should be safe, however sometimes some management people would much rather have the rest of us like mushrooms....kept in the dark and fed smile*.
I, for one, appreciate that you give us a calm and clear alternative perspective on many issues.

p.s. don't let that give you a big head, I'll still call BS if I feel the need. LOL

Thanks Trpl,

Honestly, I'm not worried about any repurcussions from above. Its more that I don't want to have people that report to me and work with me feel stymied.

Maybe I'm wrong, but for now...

P-Man

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

I don't think so. It is ALWAYS better to remain anonymous here.
We don't need no stinking anonymity! I'm free to post whatever I like about all the mgmt people, I want. I'll just do it when I want a little vacation time, is all.:wink2:

Oh, and 9/5, please add this to those cool quotes, compliments of 555.
management people would much rather have the rest of us like mushrooms....kept in the dark and fed smile*.

trickpony1

I don't think so. It is ALWAYS better to remain anonymous here.

I have often wondered how "anonymous" we really are.

It seems whenever someone gets banned and comes back as another username, everyone knows.

It seems that whenever a user gets embarassed, stigmatized or ridiculed and comes back as another username, everyone knows.

The information (IP address) can be had. How easy that info is to get may be subject to debate but someone has it.

I have often wondered how "anonymous" we really are.

It seems whenever someone gets banned and comes back as another username, everyone knows.

It seems that whenever a user gets embarassed, stigmatized or ridiculed and comes back as another username, everyone knows.

The information (IP address) can be had. How easy that info is to get may be subject to debate but someone has it.
I'm not sure that any one person has the info, but yeah we can be traced within a reasonable limit as to our true ID. This site knows my IP addy and my E-mail addy which can be traced through AOL but that info isn't all that easy to come by for the general public.
If..If...IF there is a corporate monitor or someone from the center I work in are reading here, the chances of my real ID being in danger of exposure is slim. They have a better chance of figuring out who I am by what I post than from my IP.

BBAG's postings are what gives him away to most of us.Same with others that have been outed as having multiple nick names.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

P-Man
,, those magic omnipotent reports that you speak of,,problem is those centers are already tweaking numbers to keep the almighty corporate in Atlanta and the sacred stock owners happy,,,, {gotta justify the cost dont we} ,,,heck if a few centers have improved production i want more more more....pretzel,, can you tell me how many off area misloads on average a driver has weekly,,based on those reports????

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
,, those magic omnipotent reports that you speak of,,problem is those centers are already tweaking numbers to keep the almighty corporate in Atlanta and the sacred stock owners happy,,,, {gotta justify the cost dont we} ,,,heck if a few centers have improved production i want more more more....pretzel,, can you tell me how many off area misloads on average a driver has weekly,,based on those reports????

Many, and drivers need to call them in to the center rather than cover them between themselves. If the Supes want to micromanage every move a driver makes they can deal with all the crap that we take care of.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Many, and drivers need to call them in to the center rather than cover them between themselves. If the Supes want to micromanage every move a driver makes they can deal with all the crap that we take care of.

We cover them between ourselves unless they are so far off area that this is not feasible at which point we ODS the address and 1Z and ask what they want done with it.