Telematics Discipline?

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
lets not forget that like everything else ups goes the government route and gets its equipment from the lowest bidder. something to think about when dealing with all electronic devices at ups.

Ms.PacMan

Attention: While in the station, please refrain from using the toilet.

:) I don't remember the exact wording but the trains in Europe have these signs over the toilets. My favorite was the overnight trains that had a pull out toilet (like the pull tab spout on the side of a Malt-O-Meal carton) on the bottom of a tiny cabinet in the sleeping car. The contents could then just slide out to the ground when you shut the door.

pretzel_man

lets not forget that like everything else ups goes the government route and gets its equipment from the lowest bidder. something to think about when dealing with all electronic devices at ups.

This is not a true statement. I have been involved in many, many bids for equipment purchases or work to be completed at UPS.

Price is certainly important and negotiated hard. However, it is NOT the only criteria.

Analysis of a vendor includes terms and conditions, intellectual property, intangible benefits, vendor support, size of the vendor organization, risk, etc.

Unless something is truly just a commodity I have not seen price be the only factor.

P-Man

tourists24

This is not a true statement. I have been involved in many, many bids for equipment purchases or work to be completed at UPS.

Price is certainly important and negotiated hard. However, it is NOT the only criteria.

Analysis of a vendor includes terms and conditions, intellectual property, intangible benefits, vendor support, size of the vendor organization, risk, etc.

Unless something is truly just a commodity I have not seen price be the only factor.

P-Man
Obviously this statement didnt hold true when UPS picked our uniform company....

pretzel_man

Obviously this statement didnt hold true when UPS picked our uniform company....

I don't know what went into that decision. I did say that cost was a factor, just not the only factor.

The original poster said that all contracts are awarded to the lowest bidder which is not true.

P-Man

helenofcalifornia

Pretzel, Tourist got you there. How UPS allows drivers to go out in the public with three colors of brown beats me. The Chinese "green" is the one that bugs me the most. I can tolerate "winter" brown and "summer" brown. Can you do anything about this or pass on word to the powers that be?

Ok, now I'm curious about something....

Hypothetical situation; driver has already used up his lunch and breaks, is out on area where no public restrooms are available, and he's gotta go. So instead of breaking trace, costing UPS some money and creating a Telematics issue, he decides to be a good loyal employee by whipping out some DR bags and taking his dump in the back of the package car.

Now lets say that our driver slips and falls and injures himself in the back of the package car while taking his dump. Since he isnt off the clock...would this be a work-related injury? How would the injury be reported? And what part of the 10 point commentary or the 8 Keys to Avoiding Slips and Falls would apply to this particular injury? Would the Safety Committee come up with a new acronym for us to memorize in order to help us avoid this injury and stay safe while pooping? And would this become part of the Keter audit?

Inquiring minds want to know!
And would said bodily function require haz-mat labels??
A-Always
C-Creating
R-Ridiculous
O-Observations
N-Needlessly
Y-Yawnfully(if they can make up acronyms, we can make up words).
M-Memorized

some1else

//In a truly rural area there are usually plenty of bushes and trees.//

generally only a ticket ~200$ here. but in some areas you might get lucky and get charged for a sex offense.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
//In a truly rural area there are usually plenty of bushes and trees.//

generally only a ticket ~200$ here. but in some areas you might get lucky and get charged for a sex offense.

The entire rural area I deliver to is patrolled by a single sheriffs deputy; and I have caught him peeing in some of the same spots I use.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
so as long as you know you wont get arrested then its not illegal?

I am not aware of any specific ordinance that prohibits peeing in the bushes, at least not in the country outside of city limits.

There are laws against indecent exposure, but there is also a requirement for criminal intent.

There are certain "spots" on my route that are secluded and out of sight of the road or any houses. I know where they are, the FedEx guy and the post man and the sheriffs deputy who cover my area also know where they are.

NHDRVR

I am not aware of any specific ordinance that prohibits peeing in the bushes, at least not in the country outside of city limits.

There are laws against indecent exposure, but there is also a requirement for criminal intent.

There are certain "spots" on my route that are secluded and out of sight of the road or any houses. I know where they are, the FedEx guy and the post man and the sheriffs deputy who cover my area also know where they are.

Humans are the only species to actually 'care' about where they relieve themselves. I know of a few customers that could use a little somethin-somethin in their DR bag though...

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Not true. The reason the crate method works when potty training dogs is because they are reluctant to relieve themselves where they sleep.

chema25

i agree with over95. Dont let them tell you when you can go to the bathroom! If they had thrir way they would put a code in the board for you so they wouldnt have to pay us. Dont put anything past them they dont care about us. I work at the HUB for my whole area and we are all pretty sour up here about telematics> THey dont trust and they feel we are all thiefs!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
i agree with over95. Dont let them tell you when you can go to the bathroom! If they had thrir way they would put a code in the board for you so they wouldnt have to pay us. Dont put anything past them they dont care about us. I work at the HUB for my whole area and we are all pretty sour up here about telematics> THey dont trust and they feel we are all thiefs!

I hate chema

:D