Telematics Grievance?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If we are not allowed to modify a package car by wiring in things such as radios, how does the company get away with wiring in the telematics equipment on the older vehicles? Just throwing it out there.

705red

Browncafe Steward
If we are not allowed to modify a package car by wiring in things such as radios, how does the company get away with wiring in the telematics equipment on the older vehicles? Just throwing it out there.
Or if we cannot strap down a battery powered radio in the cab, why can we drive around with our hand cart seat belted to the jump seat?

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
I would imagine it is because the company owns the equipment. If you were to buy a package car, they probably wouldn't care what you did to it.

tourists24

Hey! brownmonster could be the first "owner-operator" at the new UPS!
hey,,, maybe you have an idea there Hoax.... we buy em and do with em what we want.... Id have a/c,,, dvd,,, and hydraulics to bounce those packages around...

Sounds like the start for a new thread.... What would you have in your truck if you were owner/operator?...lol

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
When I started working at ups, ALL pkg cars had a dash fan. I'd start there. Put the dash fan back.

JustTired

free at last.......
I was told years ago, that if you wanted a fan, to just write it up as broken. Even if it doesn't have one. Then they can 'replace' it. of course, you have to clue in your mechanic.

Or if we cannot strap down a battery powered radio in the cab, why can we drive around with our hand cart seat belted to the jump seat?

My understanding is that a handtruck in the cab is a dot violation. Maybe it is just a state/building/local union violation. Much like working before your start time is.

If your handtruck breaks a side or front window while your vehicle is in motion you will be fired.

City Driver

because the company owns the truck and can do whatever the hell they want with it within DOT regs

its like sayin "if im not allowed to throw eggs at bills house, how come bill is allowed to throw eggs at bills house?"

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Claw_Inspector_Gadget.jpg

UPS Division Manager on the job.

Go Go Gadget Telematics!

705red

Browncafe Steward
you guys still dont have that radio thing settled?
No! Its an election year here, so of course UPS will try and piss off the members hoping that they will vote for the other guys that are running that were in good graces with UPS before our current slate won.

tieguy

Banned
No! Its an election year here, so of course UPS will try and piss off the members hoping that they will vote for the other guys that are running that were in good graces with UPS before our current slate won.

Do you really think UPS cares which idiot gets elected to the job?:happy-very: