Telematics Grievance?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by brownmonster, Jul 22, 2009.

1. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

If we are not allowed to modify a package car by wiring in things such as radios, how does the company get away with wiring in the telematics equipment on the older vehicles? Just throwing it out there.

2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

That's funny!

3. helenofcalifornia

helenofcalifornia Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm.......

4. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Or if we cannot strap down a battery powered radio in the cab, why can we drive around with our hand cart seat belted to the jump seat?

5. Monkey Butt

That's just in Metro Chicago. Everywhere else it's ok. :wink2:

6. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

you guys still dont have that radio thing settled?

7. bubsdad

bubsdad "Hang in there!"

I would imagine it is because the company owns the equipment. If you were to buy a package car, they probably wouldn't care what you did to it.

8. Monkey Butt

Hey! brownmonster could be the first "owner-operator" at the new UPS!

9. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

hey,,, maybe you have an idea there Hoax.... we buy em and do with em what we want.... Id have a/c,,, dvd,,, and hydraulics to bounce those packages around...

Sounds like the start for a new thread.... What would you have in your truck if you were owner/operator?...lol

10. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

When I started working at ups, ALL pkg cars had a dash fan. I'd start there. Put the dash fan back.

11. JustTired

JustTired free at last.......

I was told years ago, that if you wanted a fan, to just write it up as broken. Even if it doesn't have one. Then they can 'replace' it. of course, you have to clue in your mechanic.

12. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

My understanding is that a handtruck in the cab is a dot violation. Maybe it is just a state/building/local union violation. Much like working before your start time is.

If your handtruck breaks a side or front window while your vehicle is in motion you will be fired.

13. City Driver

City Driver New Member

because the company owns the truck and can do whatever the hell they want with it within DOT regs

its like sayin "if im not allowed to throw eggs at bills house, how come bill is allowed to throw eggs at bills house?"

14. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

[​IMG]

UPS Division Manager on the job.

Go Go Gadget Telematics!

15. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

No! Its an election year here, so of course UPS will try and piss off the members hoping that they will vote for the other guys that are running that were in good graces with UPS before our current slate won.

16. tieguy

tieguy Banned

Do you really think UPS cares which idiot gets elected to the job?:happy-very:

17. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

As much as we care which idiot is running certain UPS operations. Yes. :wink2:

18. thelus

thelus Package Car Whipping Boy

are you kidding me UPS is still :censored2: over the 2 times we threat to strike last year:happy-very: