Telematics in Feeders?

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Yesterday I overheard a 22.3 in my area talking about Telematics in Feeders (He's a shifter so I'm not sure if the OTR are getting it too)...This going on anywhere else?

brett636

A friend of mine who is in feeders was telling me about some new system that will transmit idle times wirelessly instead of saving it to their time cards in the cab. I dunno about much else other than that. Would not be surprised if they installed something similar for seatbelts and GPS location information.

The shiftcoms in our equipment are GPS capable but the equipment in the building is not. Even with the size of our bldg it`s far cheaper to simply watch the computer screens to see who`s doing their share of the work and just drive out and have a motivational talk. Especially in todays economy it would be a waste to GPS shifters in a "captive" work environment. But then again we all know how UPS loves to spend on needless items.
As far as street equipment I`m sure they`ll get around to putting in some sort of Telematics system in eventually.