Telematics on rentals?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I was really asking.:o
C'mon really! Do you think there is Telematics in a rental truck? This is gazillion dollar technology designed for UPS. They are not going to spend all that time and money to install the devices in rental trucks just to spy on us.

So, let the truck idle all day long when it's cold, drive as far as you want in reverse, record while in motion and while idling, don't wear a seatbelt and blast the radio until your eardrums burst!

scooby0048

Don't worry about it, management doesn't care about safety reports during peak. Just ask my golf cart helper about working in the dark with a golf cart, with no headlights.

That right there is BS but typical. What's the guy doing holding his flashlight out to see?

rod

Retired 22 years
C'mon really! Do you think there is Telematics in a rental truck? This is gazillion dollar technology designed for UPS. They are not going to spend all that time and money to install the devices in rental trucks just to spy on us.

So, let the truck idle all day long when it's cold, drive as far as you want in reverse, record while in motion and while idling, don't wear a seatbelt and blast the radio until your eardrums burst!

Sounds like every day of my 30 year career (except the seat belt thing)--I always wore a seatbelt (IF the truck had one)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
WTF? Why does nothing with this company surprise me anymore>?
They told the guy he should have been done with the trailer before dark. Did I mention that the entire trailer was brickloaded and they shuttled his leftover :censored2: out to me because my truck was also blown out?

scooby0048

They told the guy he should have been done with the trailer before dark. Did I mention that the entire trailer was brickloaded and they shuttled his leftover :censored2: out to me because my truck was also blown out?
Stories like this make me want to punch someone out every PCM where the word safety is even mentioned.

scooby0048

Sounds like every day of my 30 year career (except the seat belt thing)--I always wore a seatbelt (IF the truck had one)

I have talked to guys that were here back in the day of wooden shelves and paper delivery records and have heard all the stories about how it was. Funny thing, it seems that drivers were safer back then and there were less accidents.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Neighboring centers are installing those beacon things in them.