Telematics...UPS is wiring your truck

pretzel_man

We're going live on this starting next week. Was wondering because we have a guy who is paid-under 2+ hours a day who leaves it runnin and wide open all day. Will they go after him or will his "numbers" save him as im sure they have in the past.

Oh. And it is about safety. But more importantly it's about money.

Safety = Money
Efficiency = Money

Wondering how long till UPS realizes driver supervisors aren't needed anymore. They can't control dispatch or make changes or moves any longer. they simply hand out paperwork and that can be done by a clerk or preload sup placing it in the drivers mail slot. They are an albatross at this time. The only thing UPS needs to do now (at least in my area) is tweak the EDD system so guys aren't overlapping one another 5 times a day. We try to tell them whats wrong but they either can't or won't fix the problems.

All of your district is going on the system. I guarantee you that he will be on a report and they will monitor his idle time and bulkhead door.

I also guarantee that corporate will look for those elements to drastically improve.

So far, drivers have improved on those items by an incredible margin. I bet they go after him.

I'm interested to know if anything other than that happens.

P-Man

McLeod

GUYS & GALS !! we have to give some of the Newbies a break here. They may not know about the search key for old topics!!Hell some people have all they can do to even turn this comp on! We were all new here at one point & surley would'nt feel welcome if we are slammed to the mat on our 1 ,2nd or 3rd post!! These folks are all welcome here from the porter to the mechanic & Pilot to the guys in Atlanta.So lets treat em all a little better!!!!! jmo Welcome Newbies to the B.C pour your self a cup of joe,pour yourself a shot or light up a butt and enjoy!! Welcome to UPS FANTASY ISLAND
Thank you!! Nothing like thinking the other poster is a real prick just after you find this topic of discussion.

McLeod

We just had a driver in a head on 40 mph crash

seatbelt on saved him

you have to wear it cmon why take the chance

plus once you do it for so long its second nature becomes a habit a damn good habit
We have billboards in our state..BUCKLE UP IT'S THE LAW
so it is not just a UPS law.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been.
--------
Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream?
It's alright we told you what to dream. ----Pink Floyd

tieguy

Banned
telematics coming up with a new employee model too. We'll be wiring you up soon and encouraging you to follow our wellness programs. Light a cigerette up and the center manager gets an email.....:)

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
telematics coming up with a new employee model too. We'll be wiring you up soon and encouraging you to follow our wellness programs. Light a cigerette up and the center manager gets an email.....:)

Is that what happened to your previous avatar?

brownman15

the uniforms are next. telmatics chips that will show when more than the top button is unbuttoned, missing a belt, what color shirt, shoes and socks.

sano

See Here again, its just like with the package cars. If safety is the goal why not make the car inoperable if the seat belt is not on?
The technology is there. Why send an email to the center manager? Why not just shock the cookies out of me through the anal probe if I light up?:knockedout::happy-very:

longlunchguy

Runnin on Empty
Wear your seat belt.
Close the bulkhead door
Don't leave your engine idling during deliveries.
Don't record in your DIAD while driving.
Don't back excessively (especially in residential neighborhoods)
Don't go off area for lunch
Take your full lunch period (no more, no less)
Don't speed

So, what's the problem??

P-Man

Don't you drive a desk? You don't have the first clue about our "problems."

Re-Raise

I would like to see the wellness numbers on my management team stacked alongside the drivers' numbers. We actually do more than sit in on conference calls.

We don't have a single driver in my center who smokes or is overweight.
Management (the 25 or so who have come and gone through our center in my 20 plus years) is a different story.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wear your seat belt.
Close the bulkhead door
Don't leave your engine idling during deliveries.
Don't record in your DIAD while driving.
Don't back excessively (especially in residential neighborhoods)
Don't go off area for lunch
Take your full lunch period (no more, no less)
Don't speed

So, what's the problem??

P-Man

Don't you drive a desk? You don't have the first clue about our "problems."

I drive a pkg car, have done so for quite some time, so I am well aware of what our "problems" are and everything that P-man listed are the things that we should be doing on a daily basis and are the things that will be monitored through telematics. This is all basic "stuff" and goes hand in hand with following the methods, not just when you have a sup on board but all of the time. Granted P-man may indeed drive a desk but it sounds as though he has an objective view of what it is we do out there on a daily basis. Actually his posts have been more of a "heads-up" than I have received from my center team on telematics.

It has been said but may bear repeating--the only folks who have to worry about telematics are the ones taking the shortcuts.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So with this new system, if you pul over and leave car running while you are sorting pkgs with the heat on that is now on a report!! there will be lots of guys on that report in very cold areas !!