Telematics-Yawn

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our building has been on telematics for two weeks. The only issues has been been the 4 safety issues. We've been told starting Monday the new issue will be backing. Our center manager has told us that the goal is a 5 backs avg for the center. Some of us are dock/bulk routes. Any thoughts?
Do the job the way you have been and let them come to you. If there are unnecessary backs, they'll have that information. If you are not backing unnecessarily (meaning, it saved you time but was not a necesssity and there were other ins-outs) there is no problem.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
If someone is making 3 or 4 hours of bonus something is wrong....just proves my point that allowances are much different in one part of the country than another....oh well

Interesting. How do you answer to a bid driver running an hour late and his cover running 2 hours under. I think the drivers are more different than the allowances. Thats a topic for another thread.

Packmule

In our building they post the numbers daily on the wall, listing the top five worst drivers in each category. Yeah Me! I made the list as the top 5 backers! But I ain't walkin' half a mile into a rural home either, am I???

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For those who think telematics is nothing more than some numbers on a chart, let me tell you that it takes a year, for the company to transition into DISCIPLINE. First, they let you do your thing and say nothing about it.

Second, they talk to you about safety items, backing, doors open, selt belts, idling time, recording in travel.

Third, they build a RECORD of your performance on the route, then establish some perimeters for change. Then , they study the data as they place an IE person to evaluate your centers performance and then here comes the discipline.

They are not going to start out where the rest of us are. We were the first region to go online with Telematics and today, its a pure discipline tool. It took one year. Same in all our hubs. As each hub went online, it took a year for them to make the transition.

Spohr and production are the primary focus of telematics. The goal? To add 21 stops more per car per day. Increasing the stops per car eliminates cars from onroad. Micro managing every second in order to get that work done and writing you up if you fall remotely short of a spohr they feel is proper production. We have had terminations for spohr and production and those cases have had to go to arbitration.

So far, they have all been returned to duty, but the arbs ruling includes an agreement that a driver "CAN BE" held responsible for not making his "demonstrated Standard" spohr while unsupervised.

This is your future. You can yawn now, but youll be YELLING later.

Laugh now, but well laugh at you tomorrow.

Peace.

HomeDelivery

for Packmule,

why not? you're getting paid by the hour to do so & do as directed so there won't be any problems. you don't like OT pay if that's what is going to be when the company wants you to do as they say?

ok,other has posted faster than i did... so is this really for safety or for maximizing sporh?

rocket man

The telimatics yes there are many driivers still doing violations seatbealts bulk head doors major backing. its always gonna happen. as many of you noticed (not )many people are getting wriiten up? why? , its not in contract to write you up on this the company now is gathering tons of info were the violations occcour when and why. its going in to a big data base and when they are ready and they can enforce this they will be at these locations and catch you cold, AND the emergencybrake is not hooked up on telematics

rocket man

The telimatics    yes there are many driivers still doing violations  seatbealts bulk head doors  major backing. its always gonna happen.  as many of you noticed  (not )many people are getting  wriiten up? why?  , its not in contract to write you up on this    the company now is gathering tons of info  were the violations occcour when and why.  its going in to a big data base and when they are ready and they can enforce this they will be at these locations and catch you cold,  AND the emergencybrake is not hooked up on telematics

menotyou

bella amicizia
Practically our entire Preload is on art 7 for missloads. Why is the company doing this? God forbid, if there is a strike, who is going to be the first to go? Everyone on Art. 7.

Packmule

While I understand what the company is trying to do with reducing backing, there is still reality in this world, and there is still a need for common sense. Either they let me back some of these off, or they tell the customer we don't deliver to your house anymore! Get a drop box out by the road! Now that I'd go for .... especially in winter!

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We went on telematics about 3 months ago,and the main focus has been on drivers going off area for lunch and/or 'excessive lunch'.
my supervisor was reviewing my telematics report with me last weeke and told me over all everything looked good but that i had,according to the report 20 seconds of excessive lunch. I just smiled at that.
We have been told 'back first exceptions' are the new Big Thing so i am walking everything ,and working an average of 30 min more everyday

THETOWN

We were told in our center that TELEMATICS is a good thing and will not be use for discipline. However, every morning the center manager makes its a point to announce who he needs to speaks to after the PCM.

RockdaleEddie

Optimized
We went on telematics about 3 months ago,and the main focus has been on drivers going off area for lunch and/or 'excessive lunch'.
my supervisor was reviewing my telematics report with me last weeke and told me over all everything looked good but that i had,according to the report 20 seconds of excessive lunch. I just smiled at that.
We have been told 'back first exceptions' are the new Big Thing so i am walking everything ,and working an average of 30 min more everyday
FYI Back first exception doesn't mean you backed, it means you shut your truck off and when that truck was started up again the first thing that you did was roll the wheels backwards...meaning you didn't "back first"

Packmule

The back first thing keeps showing up on my report 1 to 6 times a day. It ain't happening. Anyone got any ideas why?

Borderline 9.5

I don't if anyone has covered this but the back first won't show if you back first before you stop complete your stop. so before you stop complete back up shut car off then stop complete. I do have situations where I deliver to residents then turn around in the drive way

UPSGUY72

The back first thing keeps showing up on my report 1 to 6 times a day. It ain't happening. Anyone got any ideas why?

You need to make sure that the car goes forward before you back up. The car needs to be in a forward gear for 5 seconds and have moved forward an inch, foot what ever just moved then you can back up.