Telematics

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You know your right and wrong. Every second of your day is tasked and assigned a time unit. Taking the time to take notes notes without authorization is still stealing time. Those notes would be rejected by any panel or arbitrator because it is fruit from the poisonous tree.

What your right about is the need to take copious notes though.

You have been watching too much "Law and Order".

"Fruit of the poisoned tree" is a legal concept pertaining to evidence being inadmissable in court because it was gathered without a search warrant.

A driver can quite easily jot down a few notes during his lunch or break, or while walking 250 yards back to the package car that he parked clear out on the road in order to stay out of residential driveways.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Personally if I don't write something down right away I will forget it. I use my COD envelope to write down the name(s) of stop(s) that I need to go back to for one reason or another. I don't document delays but if the need ever arose I would have no problem writing them down as they occur.

804brown

I am not in the Western Region. We have no such rights to keep day logs or anything at this time. We have never seen or heard of such a thing. But it was brought up in the UPS presentation about taking notes. UPS said nothing about it. UPS said don't worry. When they said that we all looked at each other and without saying a word we thought together, start worrying!

I agree that anything you input in the DIAD is company property and I also agree the company would never give out anything that is exculpatory. Can you give me or make available to all of us these logs books or printouts your local has provide you so we can begin the process of demanding our opportunity to document non-measured activity. Take a pic or scan a page of the log and make it an attachment or post it to a web site. You can make quick web sites on Google Sites. I very eager to have this template as I expect so many other in my local and region. I will file a grievance in the morning for the right to document non-measure incidents.

Thanks.

You see were getting things done here. I'm all goose bumps...:winnersmiley:

Using Daily Log Books | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

Or contact Local 804 for the designer of our Local 804 Log book:Get Your Package Car Log Book | Teamsters Local 804

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Are you going to make those log books or templates available to us smucks not in the western region?:group-hug:

The TDU books are not what you were taking about. You said your local union hall provided you with note books. That would mean they have negotiated your right to use them and in a form that was agree to by the company. TDU is a independent organization not affiliated in anyway with UPS or the Teamsters and the CBA.

Read my signature....

The log books provided to us by our Local (162) have nothing to do with TDU, and their use was never negotiated with the company. The Local encourages members to only use them on their personal time. I do not have the technical ability to "make one available" to you at this very moment since it is Sunday and I am sitting on my couch in Oregon and I dont happen to have one with me and even if I did I could not teleport it to you.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
There is a really great app for IPhone I use called PIPO (Punch In Punch Out) that keeps track of your daily time (in clicks or regular hours), breaks and provides a section for you to note things about your day. You can email the records directly from your phone each week. Really great tool and super easy to use.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I think Klye Reese said it best at 2:02 in the clip. Machine men with machine mind and machine hearts. That's the new I "Heart" UPS. Love, of course, if your a machine.

[video=youtube;sts5arvStcI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sts5arvStcI[/video]