telematics

Rappin4J

Just curious... We have had "big brother ". In our center for six months. Wondering what u all think about it. I don't mind it to much. I consider myself a good by the books employee.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I think it is a minor inconvenience at best. There are a few routes I know which when I learned them, you could be in a nice tight townhouse group and with bulkhead open and seatbelt off, you could knock out 30 stops in about 10-15 minutes. I still fly through that section, but it does take a few more minutes

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I follow Telematics in November and December the same as I do the other 10 months of the year. Does it slow me down?
Yes it does compared to the way I delivered for many years prior to its introduction but I realize this the 'New" UPS and it is what it is now. I routinely encourage the younger drivers to embrace this technology

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The drivers that were shocked by it the most in my Center were the runners. Now they have to wear their seatbelts, shut the engine off at each stop, shut the bulkhead door, and they have to take their lunch. They also don't clock out before 5:00 anymore. I haven't had any problems with it. I do make more money than I used to because I walk off more stops.

wayfair

swollen member
Wondering what u all think about it.

Well it all depends on the "flavor" of the month.... what Ie or mgt wants to address..... number of backs, recording while idling, recording while driving, on road idle times, bulk head door incidents, etc.... one of each will be discussed as a really concerning issue one week, then totally forgot about the next to bring up another... Come back in January and you'll see I'm pretty sure

whenever I see X-man delivering, leaving their trucks on, bulk head door opened WHILE making business stops, I can imagine our IE teams heads' exploding...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Every 6 months or so I have to endure a couple weeks of some kid running at me in the morning with a clipboard and a printout paper with highlight markings on it wanting to know why I took x many minutes at such and such stop. I tell him what he wants to hear and he goes away.
Like I always a say just do your job, no one ever got fired for doing their job.

iruhnman630

Telematics...we haven't heard much fussing over that stuff in our center recently....I guess we're about due for a 'flavor of the month'.

barnyard

KTM rider
I'd wager if a driver is involved in an accident or serious injury Telematics would be the FIRST thing management would look at

We recently had an intersection crash that pretty much proved that the driver did everything he could. According to telematics, he was going slower than he remembered and he started braking earlier than he remembered.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
The question is, why are you worried about it? There is nothing you can do to about it but work with it, so why waste time worrying about it?

The report I hear is coming that I will like will show packages recorded at locations other than the actual stop addresses. For example a package stop completed 1/2 mile from the correct address.

iowa boy

The report I hear is coming that I will like will show packages recorded at locations other than the actual stop addresses. For example a package stop completed 1/2 mile from the correct address.

The diad will show that now if you pull the GPS plots. We had a driver fired for this 2 or 3 years ago.