Telematics

UPSmechanicinblue

Does anyone know of Harsh braking events being activated? (where they show the counts like seat belt bulk door open) Also if so what is considered a harsh breaking. Our area in Michigan isn't yet. We are in the process of installing new devices in package cars that are cellular instead of the old radio communication ones that had to wait until the car returned to the building and was shut off before the days info is uploaded.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think they are recorded as in if you have an accident they will know but not a daily print out that I know of.

UPSmechanicinblue

ok, I know there is an option on what the supervisors look at but it wasn't highlighted yet to see harsh braking yet. Maybe something in the future. I know some other mechanics have seen it on there end but haven't mine. We see the electronic part in Autotel.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
T
This company is so dumb. Who cares how many times or how hard you slam the brakes. As long as you stop and don't hit things it shouldn't matter
They should praise us for avoiding the accident instead of breathing down our neck by asking why this or why that.

10 point

We won't have to worry about it (unless you're avoiding an accident) if you drive only as fast as you can read the house numbers, street names and never above the speed limit.

Drop your speed and you'll avoid most hard braking issues.

moldsporh

Some of this I've have witnessed, some is here say, what I do know is telematics displays:

Bulkhead door open or closed and time of each event.

Time between engine shutoff and door opening,

length of time door is open.

G-force meter active all the time. Displays braking and accelerative forces.

It knows what lane you're in, what side of street you parked.

Synced with diad so if you hit stop complete with engine running it flags the stop.

Making a delivery without opening bulkhead door but that's a gray area because the rear door may be used.

What is here say but from a credible source is it's sensitive enough to record movement in package car like shutting bulkhead, rear door, or stepping on/off vehicle,....sharp movements like those.