Telematics

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"Harsh Braking" is also when you don't even try to stop for small animals in the way. "Full steam ahead"!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
"Harsh Braking" is also when you don't even try to stop for small animals in the way. "Full steam ahead"!
get-attachment (42).jpg

Usually get a couple of these each fall. Bounce them off the windshield and cook them up that night.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does anyone know if helper DIADs can be flagged for scanning and stop completing while truck is on or still moving?

Yes depending on what model of DIAD it is and if it is linked to the Driver and his DIAD.

The helper's DIAD is not linked to the pkg car so, no, it is not monitored by Telematics.

The helper's DIAD is linked to the driver's DIAD, through the driver's employee ID number, for the sole purpose of combining the data.

oldngray

nowhere special
The helper's DIAD is not linked to the pkg car so, no, it is not monitored by Telematics.

The helper's DIAD is linked to the driver's DIAD, through the driver's employee ID number, for the sole purpose of combining the data.

The helper DIAD will still trigger things like record while idle errors. I'm not sure how much else shows up on reports.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
The helper DIAD will still trigger things like record while idle errors. I'm not sure how much else shows up on reports.
I'm not sure that is correct. The telematics registers once the DIAD scans the vehicle barcode. A driver inadvertently entered a wrong vehicle number here and telematics gave a report for a vehicle that was three states away.

AKCoverMan

I'm not sure that is correct. The telematics registers once the DIAD scans the vehicle barcode. A driver inadvertently entered a wrong vehicle number here and telematics gave a report for a vehicle that was three states away.

Yes but the helper never operates a vehicle so helper board should never scan a vehicle bar code. I've never had a record while idle or record in travel from the helper board.

YellowSox

Does anyone know of Harsh braking events being activated? (where they show the counts like seat belt bulk door open) Also if so what is considered a harsh breaking. Our area in Michigan isn't yet. We are in the process of installing new devices in package cars that are cellular instead of the old radio communication ones that had to wait until the car returned to the building and was shut off before the days info is uploaded.
there's a "black box" in the truck that records all the telematic stuff that is not in the daily record such as hard breaking. They only pull it out and check it when serious crashes happen.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
there's a "black box" in the truck that records all the telematic stuff that is not in the daily record such as hard breaking. They only pull it out and check it when serious crashes happen.
Does it also show me taking 5 pisses into the ol' mountain dew bottle a day??

smapple

View attachment 23681
Usually get a couple of these each fall. Bounce them off the windshield and cook them up that night.

I tried that once. Going home after work and hit some type of pheasant with the car going around 45 mph. Put it in the trunk, got home, opened the trunk, turns out it was still alive somehow and had :censored2: all over inside the trunk, came out flapping right in my face, and ran away while I was in shock. Thought about chasing it but didn't want to run after it. Also was more worried about cleaning the trunk out.