Telematics

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Unplugging the seat belt plug under your seat to start, looks like a pig tail swinging in the wind if you notice it walking back to your truck if you had one of the aforementioned drivers covering for you. Another popular thing is to take a fridge magnet to the bulk head door sensor in the door jamb.
Then automotive will be sent out to reconnect it when it shows up on the "device heath" tab in Autotel. Wasting time. Wouldn't there be questions if it appeared the bulkhead door had never been opened all day?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You must be kidding.....we won't even get into the nastiness of urine on your hands.....what about the SH••. On the boxes....sorters who spit on slides and worse...then the boxes slide on that.....people like that are unreal
Which is why I get hacked off when chew spit bottles, sunflower seeds and piss bottles turn up in my cars. Unsanitary and disrespectful to me.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Then automotive will be sent out to reconnect it when it shows up on the "device heath" tab in Autotel. Wasting time. Wouldn't there be questions if it appeared the bulkhead door had never been opened all day?
I was on vacation for a whole week recently, I came back to find my seat had been unplugged, confronted the driver and he admitted he does it all the time. I informed him of the discipline he'd face if he got caught not only tampering with the plug, but riding around with his seat belt off, he said "I'll stop doing it". Next route he covered I checked their truck, same thing, I'm not his mom, let big brother punish him. If automotive actually re attached these plugs, we would have heard about it by now. In terms of the bulkhead door, you can't have riding around with bulkhead door violations if it doesn't ever open. You have to remember, you're priority reports for errors in the system aren't management's, it's kinda whats wrong with the company if you think about it, everyone worried only about their little bubble and screw everyone else.

Ms.PacMan

Unplugging the seat belt plug under your seat to start, looks like a pig tail swinging in the wind if you notice it walking back to your truck if you had one of the aforementioned drivers covering for you. Another popular thing is to take a fridge magnet to the bulk head door sensor in the door jamb.
This is so funny. I was just wondering last week why our dispatch supe has a bunch of magnets on the cabinet above his work area.

Last edited:

moldsporh

I was on vacation for a whole week recently, I came back to find my seat had been unplugged, confronted the driver and he admitted he does it all the time. I informed him of the discipline he'd face if he got caught not only tampering with the plug, but riding around with his seat belt off, he said "I'll stop doing it". Next route he covered I checked their truck, same thing, I'm not his mom, let big brother punish him. If automotive actually re attached these plugs, we would have heard about it by now. In terms of the bulkhead door, you can't have riding around with bulkhead door violations if it doesn't ever open. You have to remember, you're priority reports for errors in the system aren't management's, it's kinda whats wrong with the company if you think about it, everyone worried only about their little bubble and screw everyone else.

If management is aware this driver is doing this, his career at UPS is short lived. They will be quiet about it until they can get video evidence so as not to spook the driver.....it will be discrete.

Then the driver will get an article 50 for tampering with a safety device as well as not using a safety belt. They will take 2 vehicles and bring the driver back to the bldg, confiscate their ID, and walk he/she out.

Goodbye $85+k , and benefits.

Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

What a freaking idiot.

oldngray

nowhere special
When UPS first installed sensors in packages cars and before it was supposedly turned on I knew of a couple of drivers who unplugged things. Management gave dirty looks but couldn't say anything about it since they weren't supposed to be using it yet. People didn't trust UPS and were quite aware that data was being collected despite denials otherwise. After the system was officially active drivers had to stop doing that though. I remember a PCM warning drivers about it and mentioning some had already been messing with things, which merely confirmed suspicions.