Telemetrics aka iRobot

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dilligaf had mentioned in another thread that Telematics flags work performed during lunch and breaks. I asked my center manager if this was true and he said yes. To be fair, he has never asked anyone in my center to work through their lunch and breaks but has also never spoken to anyone who does so. We have two known runner/gunners who would be in for a shock if he ever decided to do something about it but he won't as it benefits the company. One of these R/G had 6.25 hrs worked on Thursday on a mall route. He also had 6 recording in idles, 1 seat belt and 1 bulkhead door event. I would love to see if there was any work performed during his breaks.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
On Telemetrics "officially" one week. They have been collecting data since the new wired up cars have been coming into the buildings now over three years. How many driver? 120+ How many terminations 2 that we know of and possibly a few more who causality is suspicious and details withheld.

I agree with your post that its been no secret UPS wants your lunch and breaks and yes for as long as anyone can remember. Yet, you fail to see or acknowledge the potential weapon Telemetrics is. Telemetrics provides, what the UPS manager who conducted the presentation defined as, "fact based data." Now fact based data will require fact based answer, no?

Unlike the old days when you could lean on biases, interpretations, human to human idiosyncrasy, or semantic, we now have a system that can collected data points and generate reams of reports. Further as to the "nothing has changed" point your making, the contract and your adherence to methods/rules never protected anyone that management want to screw. But, arguing against what a individual writes about you and what a machine says is interpreted quite diffidently by an arbitrator. An arbitrator may give a worker more latitude if what was written was by a human but how do argue against a machine. You are either on or off to a machine. Pass or fail. Injecting human nuances or how a person interpreted a particular task or choice of instruction to follow in a particular situation is a heavy task to prove against recording after recording of "fact based data." Understand the difference?

If you think that "just doing your job" and being "honest" is some how a shield against the potential abuse of this data then your living in a fools paradise. Unless clear lines are draw as to how this data can be used and until drivers are given the right to code off honest delays or activities that are not measured or assigned time units to its a Pandora's box of abuse of power.

UPS is well known as a company that disciplines workers by applies new policies, practices and procedures, retroactively.

Driver: "I didn't know I couldn't do that"

UPS: "How could you we just made it up" "Any way, your fired"

Every seen that in you 24 years...hum? A Fools paradise, indeed!