Tell me if this idea holds any weight...

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What does that mean?
I don't know, but it sure sounds like fancy city talkin'. That I've must be a financial guru?
upload_2016-7-23_9-21-9-png.89621

Anyway, buy it or not, still have to deal with the Teamsters.

rod

Retired 22 years
UPS has a lot of real value in equipment and property. Most of the tech companies are floating on promises and dreams.

I always got the impression that UPS leased most of their buildings and didn't actually own them. That's how come they don't put a nickel into improving them after they move in. The local building here has had two MAJOR fires and both times they more or less painted over the soot. Contractor friends who rebuilt them couldn't believe how cheap UPS wanted everything done.

oldngray

nowhere special
I always got the impression that UPS leased most of their buildings and didn't actually own them. That's how come they don't put a nickel into improving them after they move in. The local building here has had two MAJOR fires and both times they more or less painted over the soot. Contractor friends who rebuilt them couldn't believe how cheap UPS wanted everything done.

They do seem to lease more since the stock went public. More focus on short term savings instead of long term costs.