Tentative Agreement

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Re: Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

They will probably rename Central States....

I don't think it is as horrible as a few people have posted on here. I just paid $93 out of pocket for a hearing test for my wife, they covered every cent of the $3000 hearing aid itself. Free cleaning and fillings at the dentist, I did have to pay $250 a crown. $20 copay doesn't bother me since I gross $1600 a week. I'm not crazy about the vision, a good set of glasses will run you $500. Considering what the average person pays for health insurance, the whining I read on here is very revealing about the entitlement society we live in today.

UPSGUY72

Re: Teamsters Reach Tentative Agreements Covering 250,000 Workers At UPS, UPS Freight

we could move everyone into the New England plan,,,no complaints there.

I agree there isn't any complaints about the New England plan maybe it could be a model for other. No reason to mess something up that isn't broke.

Overpaid Union Thug

I don't think it is as horrible as a few people have posted on here. I just paid $93 out of pocket for a hearing test for my wife, they covered every cent of the $3000 hearing aid itself. Free cleaning and fillings at the dentist, I did have to pay $250 a crown. $20 copay doesn't bother me since I gross $1600 a week. I'm not crazy about the vision, a good set of glasses will run you $500. Considering what the average person pays for health insurance, the whining I read on here is very revealing about the entitlement society we live in today.

I've never had any complaints either. Its the pension fund that is suspect. Maybe that's why many outside of Central States are shy about coming in. I've never understood why UPSers in one part of the country could have better insurance or pensions than UPSers in another area.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The tentative agreement covering UPS package employees moves 140,000 workers into Teamster-controlled health plans from company plans to maintain current strong benefits for all UPS Teamsters while growing the funds for Teamsters in all industries into the future.
Hopefully we don't all have to move into the central states plan,,,
:dead:

I'm in central states and this is still a no vote probably. Giving the union healthcare is a huge concession until I get details.

sportz_nut

If I move into the Central State Plan, I will be paying this: 10.00 more per visit for dr. (this is fine). My prescriptions are almost 2300.00 per month for high blood pressure and diabetes in my family. I will have to pay 20% of this (currently I pay 65.00), that is 460.00 more per month, I also will be responsible for the first 2000.00 worth of bills (which prescriptions AND co-pays do not count.) CUrrently I don't have to pay anything but 25.00 for ER visits, that goes to 20%. Also, my tests for my diabetes is currently at 100% (diagnostic) and I will then have to pay 20%. So, in essence, goign to the CS plan, I am going to pay at the very LEAST over $7,000 more next year. This may not affect many of you now, but as you get older, it will. After having 25+ years in, I will be extremely disappointed into going into a plan that you could end up paying thousands of dollars for. IF someone in your family gets cancer, you could feasibly have chemo that costs 20,000 per month...of which you will be paying 20% of that cost. Why are we goign to settle? I researched this quite a bit. The plan is weaker than my wife's and hers is REALLY bad. Just a warning..research it before you vote. ALl of the part-timers (who won't be here in 5 years), will vote yes, for the immediate pay raise. To be honest, I think we are screwed. Unless the plan has changed, I just lost everything I have worked for all these years. Once you lose it, you WON"T get it back.

Brownslave688

It's not entitlement if all u expect is a company that makes billions to keep everything as is.

gotbrown

just going by what i read here CS cannot seem to run what they have, in my experience if someone cannot handle what they have do not give them more to screw up....I'm in the New England plan, and with upsguy72 if they could use it as a model I would think that would be great..Don't get me wrong I am happy that the deal is done and sounds favorable just want the details....

anonymous4

Yeah, we have some of you dangling off nuts pretty wild right now. If such is the case with healthcare some of us could be getting a notable downgrade in coverage. That can't be a victory so early in the negotiations; let us hope the news is better than speculation.

greyhound

Re: I guess there is no strike....

I like every one else am very interested in the agreement. i retired in October 2009. I wonder how it will affect the retired UPSers. I also how it protects the health insurance of all the current employees.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Re: I guess there is no strike....

Sounds like a great day/night for all UPSERS !!!

Maybe we can now stop fighting each other and work on growing the business and making UPS the Number 1 company in the world !!

oh hef, arent you cute...this company LIVES to treat its employees like dogs...which is sad because it doesnt have to be like that!

T

TheBrownGuy

Get into the dentist and eye doctor before this takes effect. Do you really only get $100 for glasses? My wife's prescription is over $1000...and we only pay $200 out of pocket now (not Central States). How about Ortho for the kids?

Brownslave688

Get into the dentist and eye doctor before this takes effect. Do you really only get $100 for glasses? My wife's prescription is over $1000...and we only pay $200 out of pocket now (not Central States). How about Ortho for the kids?

I'm in central states and pay about $20 everytime my wife just gets her teeth cleaned. Let alone major work.

rudy5150

The current part timers will vote no if the new hires get a bigger slice of the pie then they do.