Terminated by UPS

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The following distance is everything, but it leaves a big gap for idiots, which then if you can you have to back off further, and then you get further behind, and it happens again, all in the name of safety. But thats why we are paid the big bucks. :tongue_sm Some of us just spend our days avoiding what you speak of. It takes time to be safe, something we are not accustomed to. Maybe that is one of the reasons you cant be fired for production. Since the dots follow us all day, the dots will tell on the GPS.
I wish you the best, sounds not too awful bad unless the guy you rear ended is paralyzed.

heresy1

Well if you union rep was a guy with a degree related to his jos instead of a former bulktrain driver he would not only no how to read your contract but he would have the skills to enforce it. The union gives important high paying jobs to people who cant perform. They hire a guy because he is popular or he looks scary. UPS hires the guy who was capitain of the debate team has a strong education related to what he is doing and cant wait to tear apart exbiker scary union guy at the round table

local804

Well if you union rep was a guy with a degree related to his jos instead of a former bulktrain driver he would not only no how to read your contract but he would have the skills to enforce it. The union gives important high paying jobs to people who cant perform. They hire a guy because he is popular or he looks scary. UPS hires the guy who was capitain of the debate team has a strong education related to what he is doing and cant wait to tear apart exbiker scary union guy at the round table

Tie,
As we posted before, you should not judge a person by their cover. Who in Gods name cares what the person looks like, its all about what he has on the inside. I am sure we can agree that there are plenty of supervisors at UPS that are not the smartest bunch, best looking guys, or captain of the debate team lol.

tieguy

Banned
Tie,
As we posted before, you should not judge a person by their cover. Who in Gods name cares what the person looks like, its all about what he has on the inside. I am sure we can agree that there are plenty of supervisors at UPS that are not the smartest bunch, best looking guys, or captain of the debate team lol.

ahh..um.....804 it appears you are talking to me but I never posted here and I certainly did not make the comment you quoted?

brett636

I have never been in that situation, but I would do exactly as mentioned above. First and foremost make sure that you discuss what you learned from the accident, and how it won't happen again. Also make sure your steward and or BA can get you information regarding the precedent for these situations. As in drivers who have relativly clean records with one Teir III accident, and their success in getting their jobs back. I imagine you should get your job back assuming you do these two things.

hoser

Industrial Slob
UPS doesn't hire the captain of the debate team, that guy leads a meaningful career with a company that will treat him well. UPS will hire the guy that dealt with loading trailers while pursuing a college education. If he could deal with that crap for 4 years, he could deal with UPS corp for 40 more.

tieguy

Banned
Tie,

Uh hum 804 it appears you quoted Hereasy but thought you were talking to me when you posted this little unprovoked comment? Perhaps this is why you thought I had certain things on the other thread?

705red

Browncafe Steward
The best stewards(bulktrain drivers) are the ones who go into the business agents jobs. No book or a degree can teach you how to defend members against ups it comes from years of doing it! The problem most of us have with ups is no one wants that supervisor position from within anymore. So they hire these college debate team captains who arent qualified to unload my package car and now their the ones making the numbers, route plans, and trying to manage the centers. Back in the day you had a respect for the management team, they worked their way up the same as us, we all understood each other. We might not have agreed with their choices but they took our input.

Now these kids(college, never worked at ups) who have never struggled working 2 to 3 jobs to pay the bills, waiting for that full time opportunity want to come in here and tear apart what has made us who we are today. There is no respect for a man/woman who hasnt been promoted through the ups ranks, and thats were we as a company are failing at today!

maybrown

is not a woman
You have a very good point. I was doing my job every day from a part time loader to a full time driver. Never be late for work or call-in sick. Then after my costly mistake to have an accident. They terminated with no compassion. I'm living in a nightmare. Sunday is Mother Day but my familly is postponing a big celebrate.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
At the expense of thread hijacking, condolences to you, maybrown,
Originally Posted by heresy1

Certainly, UPS would be interested in hiring managers fluent in English as well, right Heresy?

hoser

Industrial Slob
At the expense of thread hijacking, condolences to you, maybrown,
Originally Posted by heresy1

Certainly, UPS would be interested in hiring managers fluent in English as well, right Heresy?
wow, that's all you got on him? three typos and one improperly spelled word? you may want to revise this statement to "UPS would be interested in hiring managers that have flawless typing ability and the spare time to proof read every post they make on the web".

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I guess i could've looked a little harder? And I concur, it takes a tremendous amount of time and energy to wheel that heavy ole mouse over to the spell check tab and left click. Sorry for having a lil bit of fun, I'll try to keep that in check in the future.