Terminated Can I get my money from WCT Pension Fund

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Was terminated 3 months ago, can I get money from WCT Pension Fund or do I have to wait for retirement.

Thanks

Not familiar with the WCT fund but the other funds I am familiar with require that you have 5 years vested in order to ever draw or recieve a lump sum.

Unless you're close to retirement age, it will likely be penalized into oblivion. Lump sums are typically only given out to folks with only a few years in the fund as with the UPS PT plan.

SoCalUPS

WCT does not allow the member to take any lump sum or withdraw anything if certain guidelines are not met.
1)You must be a vested member for 5 years and
2)You must be of retirement age or permanently disabled collecting social security.

The pension plan is not a 401k. If you have any further questions, contact the pension administration.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
The way I understand the upstate. Ny pension. If you are terminated. You get nothing. We had a driver fired. With a failed blood test after reporting for work. He was allowed to sign back to work only to sign a release form (retire) . Which was decent of UPS to do. They really didn't have to

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The way I understand the upstate. Ny pension. If you are terminated. You get nothing. We had a driver fired. With a failed blood test after reporting for work. He was allowed to sign back to work only to sign a release form (retire) . Which was decent of UPS to do. They really didn't have to

He will have to wait until he turns 65 to start collecting unless he has the years of service (30) but not the age; if this is the case, he would start collecting when he turns 55.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
He will have to wait until he turns 65 to start collecting unless he has the years of service (30) but not the age; if this is the case, he would start collecting when he turns 55.

The guy I was mentioning. Had 27 yrs. Has been getting a grand a month for about 7 yrs now. Which will be cut 35% with our wonderful union screw job

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We had a driver fired. With a failed blood test after reporting for work. He was allowed to sign back to work only to sign a release form (retire) . Which was decent of UPS to do. They really didn't have to

That situation.... is not uncommon.

The guy I was mentioning. Had 27 yrs. Has been getting a grand a month for about 7 yrs now. Which will be cut 35% with our wonderful union screw job

Who's fault is that ??

-Bug-