Terminated Can I get my money from WCT Pension Fund

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by just4me, Aug 23, 2016.

1. just4me

just4me New Member

Was terminated 3 months ago, can I get money from WCT Pension Fund or do I have to wait for retirement.

Thanks

2. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

It's my money and I want it NOW!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  3. dookie stain

dookie stain Well-Known Member

4. useyourloadstand

useyourloadstand New Member

they will tax you on it. Think you have to be vested into UPS for 5 years to even get it. It's best to roll it over tax free into Roth IRA

5. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Not familiar with the WCT fund but the other funds I am familiar with require that you have 5 years vested in order to ever draw or recieve a lump sum.

Unless you're close to retirement age, it will likely be penalized into oblivion. Lump sums are typically only given out to folks with only a few years in the fund as with the UPS PT plan.

6. SoCalUPS

SoCalUPS Active Member

WCT does not allow the member to take any lump sum or withdraw anything if certain guidelines are not met.
    1)You must be a vested member for 5 years and
    2)You must be of retirement age or permanently disabled collecting social security.

The pension plan is not a 401k. If you have any further questions, contact the pension administration.

7. olroadbeech

olroadbeech Happy Verified UPSer

the directions are on the back of your statements. otherwise call them.

8. rod

rod retired and happy

There went that nest egg you thought you had.

9. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

The way I understand the upstate. Ny pension. If you are terminated. You get nothing. We had a driver fired. With a failed blood test after reporting for work. He was allowed to sign back to work only to sign a release form (retire) . Which was decent of UPS to do. They really didn't have to

10. How long did you work there and how old are you?

11. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

He will have to wait until he turns 65 to start collecting unless he has the years of service (30) but not the age; if this is the case, he would start collecting when he turns 55.

12. 3 done 3 to go

The guy I was mentioning. Had 27 yrs. Has been getting a grand a month for about 7 yrs now. Which will be cut 35% with our wonderful union screw job

13. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

So what'd ya steal

14. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

That situation.... is not uncommon.

Who's fault is that ??

-Bug-

15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

So he took the 6% cut per year every year from age 65.

Ouch!

16. 3 done 3 to go

His own doing. But, the 35% cut at the end of the month is all the local union