Terminated for dishonesty....

i was terminated for dishonesty. Story: I futured 6 packages (businesses) that I was not going to make. I futured them for the next day. Next morning I show up and my shop steward tells me they want to walk me out, tells me bc I futured these 6 packages. I had a meeting and they asked me if it was true, I told them it was. I told them I knew I was not going to make them so instead of writing them up as missed I decided to future them. That was my mistake, making that judgement call and not calling the office and putting it in their hands. I get loaded with 200 plus stops daily on that route, that day I had 215 ( it's not even peak season (September). I told them i can only deviate from my route so much, I already get off around 830/9 pm daily. I was terminated and in 2 days I will have a meeting with the labor people and the union. What should I expect? Will I get my job back? I also mentioned that I wasn't trying to cheat the company or cover my ass I told them I was trying to do a favor for my center so it don't show up as missed is all. Once I went to the office with a business package and said " I don't know what you want me to do with it, sheet it up as missed or what" . One driver said " future them to tomorrow that's what I do" to the response the dispatcher said " yeep" so I honestly didn't think it was that bad. now I'm 2 weeks in not working, no pay and scared I'm not going to get my
Job back. ( been with the company for 10 years, driving for 2 years). What do I say when I have this meeting? I've futured packages in the past but they never told me not to, or what's happening here, no warning letter
Or write up straight to getting discharged. My center manager said it came from higher in the command chain. Any input would help since I'm 2 days out from this meeting. Thanks ahead of time everyone!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
That sucks....if you get your job back, and you might, never try to cover for your mgt team because they will be the first ones to throw you under the bus..guaranteed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Based on what you have told us and with the assumption that you have an otherwise clean record, you should be back to work within a few days with the termination downgraded to a time served suspension with no back pay.

Commercial stops futured after 5 pm show up as missed.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Second rule if you come back...don't listen to other drivers "advice", it will bite you in the ass 9/10 times..especially if it is coming out of the mouth of a runner. Third rule is don't trust what oms folks say...ever

@Grey I've used it before on a resi as well. Dispatch said they were going to be out of town for a week to future for next week. Thanks everyone who has been replying I appriciate it. Do you guys know what's going to happen at this meeting with the labor and union people? What do I say? What do I not say?

StoptheAct1212

Rookie mistake. But you should get your job back.. unless your a terrible worker and they finally got you on something.... next time just call the office. Dont think....

PT Car Washer

I think you will be back shortly. Tell them it was a dumb rookie mistake and it will never happen again. When my son tells me of some of the bonehead things he's done I feel like slapping him but instead I tell him about John or Joe doing the same thing and getting fired. Hopefully he takes me serious.

BrownTexas

So instead of getting a write up. You chose to do sown thing that will get you fired. I have to tell drivers this on a daily basis. Even if management tells you to do it, that doesn't mean it is not dishonest. Working as directed does not trump dishonesty.